Republic Services

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.7

Operations Supervisor Interview

I was told Republic pays their Supervisors very well. Three years later, clearing many tough obstacles, only making 900 dollars more. Still at the bottom of my pay grade and people with less experience and drive are making way more. Asskissing and friends of the bosses family seem to be the only way of getting paid more. Sad, the CEO sounded like he had the right idea. Farce or people under him just don't care what he wants.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be the right person for the job?   View Answer
    They gave me what I wanted with the expectation of merit bonuses.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Republic Services.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening. My first interview was with 2 managers and I was presented with situational scenarios and asked extensive questions about change management, communication with stakeholders, and business analysis processes. The second interview was a 'meet and greet' with the BA team and included many of the same questions, but more surrounding ability to work on a team. There was an opportunity at the end of both interviews to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were playing on a baseball team, what position would you want to play and why?   Answer Question

Residential Driver Interview

interviewed at Republic Services in August 2014.

Mostly SBO, Situation, behavior , outcome questions. Pretty straight forward. Things like , name a time when this happeded, and how you responded and what was the outcome. Also asked about last employer.

Told the day rate, and asked if I agreed to it.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Services.

I applied online and was contacted to complete a phone interview. I attended the phone interview which was quite lengthy and outlined my previous skills and accomplishments. I felt very uncomfortable throughout the phone interview as the sales manager asked some seemingly personal questions which I didn't feel were appropriate. Nonetheless, I was eager to move forward as it appeared to be an excellent opportunity. I was thrilled to be contacted within 2 weeks for an in person interview. I arrived at the location early and was asked to come in for my in person interview. The interview process was extremely lengthy, much longer than a typical interview. I was quite appalled at the managers questions which were totally out of line and extremely inappropriate. To top it off I went through this over 2 hour interview process and was told by the manager at the very end...thank you for your time. We actually already hired someone for the position and they are starting this week.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really recall - there were many inappropriate questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Services in July 2014.

Interview was a good process, did not get hired but I felt hopeful. Was a job I was interested in having, but said hired someone with experience in the field

Shift Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Republic Services in June 2014.

Interview was great. Had 2 person interview. Questions were ok, asked what kind of situations and what you would do in specific situations. The maintenance Manager and Maintenance supervisor from a neighboring location were present for the interview. Both asked a serious of various leadership questions with some knowledge based.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question asked was What was the last thing that you did wrong and had to explain to upper management about"   Answer Question

Opps Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Republic Services in April 2014.

given that i was an internal candidate still had to go through three interviews. after going through the whole process I was given a low ball offer and never an official offer. only for the job to be given to a candidate that was offered the job on his one year anniversary that less qualifications and no intimate knowledge of the interworking of the company.

Interview Questions

offer was drastic reduction in pay.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestwood, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestwood, Cook, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Services in February 2014.

Applied online and was contacted a few days later for a 1:1 interview. Interviewed with the Office Manager who raved about how my skills/experience were perfect for the position. I honestly believed that the interview went very well. I was told that I would hear something back by the following week. Left a msg for the Office Manager the following week to see if the position had been filled...no callback, which I thought was extremely rude.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked what I knew about the company as well basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Republic Services in February 2014.

Was contacted by internal recruiter after applying on their web site. Phone interview scheduled and was asked basic questions about my past work experience. This interview took only about 20 minutes. A day or two later I was contacted about going into their office for a 1 hour meeting with 3 hiring managers.

The hiring managers asked some pretty standard questions about different situations such as when a project may have gone bad or working with difficult people. They took turns asking questions from a list they had. They gave me time at the end to ask questions and the interview lasted exactly 1 hour. At that time I was told the next steps if asked to go on in the process would be to talk with other Business Analysts and possibly the IT Director.

A few days later I was asked to come in for another one hour interview with the current business analysts. They also had a list of questions in which they took turns asking. These questions were also pretty standard situational questions as well such as tell me a time when you did not get very good direction on a project. This interview lasted about 45 minutes which also included time for me to ask questions at the end.

I never heard back from them again. I certainly understand if something from their perspective was not a good fit but at least send a form letter telling me another candidate with better qualifications was hired. I think it shows something about the company if you put in time going to two onsite interviews and they never respond back at all. It may be just one person or department but it may be indicative of corporate culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when someone asked you to improve something about yourself at work and what did you do.   View Answer

Scale Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Republic Services.

Hiring process was very long over a month wait and 5 interviews, and did two hair follicle tests, they filled out the form wrong so I had to do a second one so it would process faster.

Interview Questions
    • They are very detailed about all your past employers and ask many questions about your experience. Handling of cash and customer service.   Answer Question
    I got a call and said that they wanted to offer me the position after 5 interviews, it was down to me and another person, not sure what I said right but they offered me the pay rate and asked if I accepted and I sure did.