Republic Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.5

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Empty promises, "the sky is the limit" is repeadtly used. It's fairly unprofessional, and maybe even a little disrespectful of your time. The management has a very nonchalant attitude about the process, and does not seem to take many notes, if any. Definitely make you feel as though you "need" them, instead of you being an asset.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complex situation you experienced, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manistee, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Republic Services (Manistee, MI).

Interview

I showed up in jeans and a t-shirt (I was told to come as is). I was asked about 9 questions and answered them honestly. I was offered the job and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking to make per hour?   1 Answer
    • Q: How tall are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted to get paid and they started me out $1.00 per hour more than that.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Applied online, after a lengthy game of phone tag I had the first interview on the phone with area recruiter that lasted all of 15min, the second was in person onsite with sales manager after rescheduling several times because of 'calendar conflicts', the third was in person onsite with the general manager, on the phone with the vp regional sales and then an offer. Process took a very long time for an entry level position.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Republic Services (Rensselaer, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

****** There was a brief phone interview. Then after a few days, there was a face to face interview with the HR director and a department head. They both had several pointed questions. Iwas given the opportunity to ask any questions i may have.They were very courteous and approachable. *******

Interview Questions

• How do you think your current position helps prepare you for this position?   1 Answer

The pay didn't match the expectations.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Republic Services (Fairfax, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Un Professional to the max. Did not have a copy of my resume and by me looking in I was not their type. African American with a Business Management Degree. They had the clear nerve to ask me if I had Graduate. What class.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about voltage Drop   1 Answer
    • I was asked if I worked in a fast paced Maintenance Facility.   1 Answer
    • They Asked why I moved so much.   1 Answer

Fleet Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

I had a first round interview a few weeks later. The first round interview was on campus and it was with two employees. The two employees were rather young and new to the company which I found surprising. The first round was a breeze.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Very long drawn out application and interview process. Like 2 months drawn out. Ride arounds. Interviews and time spent with the team. All easy stuff, but a lot of time

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Mostly a get to know you session   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO negotiation, pay is pre-set

DSM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

simple interview nothing to stressful. was really just to see if i was a good fit in the office it seemed like. got to know the supervisors and moved on to the hiring process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

I was interviewed by the customer service supervisor who called me the next day and offered me the position. I was not offered a tour of the facility, I would have run screaming if I had seen the conditions, the conference room we were in was shabby but not too horrendous.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Assistant Division Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Republic Services in December 2014.

Interview

2 interview. One was with HR and division manager and second was with GM and controller. Overall easy interview process compare to other companies. Behavioral questions and some task related questions.