Republic Services

2.6

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Republic Services in February 2015.

Un Professional to the max. Did not have a copy of my resume and by me looking in I was not their type. African American with a Business Management Degree. They had the clear nerve to ask me if I had Graduate. What class.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about voltage Drop   View Answer
    • I was asked if I worked in a fast paced Maintenance Facility.   View Answer
    • They Asked why I moved so much.   View Answer

Fleet Maintenance Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Republic Services.

I had a first round interview a few weeks later. The first round interview was on campus and it was with two employees. The two employees were rather young and new to the company which I found surprising. The first round was a breeze.

DSM Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Republic Services.

simple interview nothing to stressful. was really just to see if i was a good fit in the office it seemed like. got to know the supervisors and moved on to the hiring process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Republic Services.

I was interviewed by the customer service supervisor who called me the next day and offered me the position. I was not offered a tour of the facility, I would have run screaming if I had seen the conditions, the conference room we were in was shabby but not too horrendous.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Republic Services.

Very long drawn out application and interview process. Like 2 months drawn out. Ride arounds. Interviews and time spent with the team. All easy stuff, but a lot of time

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Mostly a get to know you session   Answer Question
    NO negotiation, pay is pre-set

Operations Supervisor Interview

I was told Republic pays their Supervisors very well. Three years later, clearing many tough obstacles, only making 900 dollars more. Still at the bottom of my pay grade and people with less experience and drive are making way more. Asskissing and friends of the bosses family seem to be the only way of getting paid more. Sad, the CEO sounded like he had the right idea. Farce or people under him just don't care what he wants.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be the right person for the job?   View Answer
    They gave me what I wanted with the expectation of merit bonuses.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Republic Services.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening. My first interview was with 2 managers and I was presented with situational scenarios and asked extensive questions about change management, communication with stakeholders, and business analysis processes. The second interview was a 'meet and greet' with the BA team and included many of the same questions, but more surrounding ability to work on a team. There was an opportunity at the end of both interviews to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were playing on a baseball team, what position would you want to play and why?   Answer Question

Residential Driver Interview

interviewed at Republic Services in August 2014.

Mostly SBO, Situation, behavior , outcome questions. Pretty straight forward. Things like , name a time when this happeded, and how you responded and what was the outcome. Also asked about last employer.

Told the day rate, and asked if I agreed to it.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Services.

I applied online and was contacted to complete a phone interview. I attended the phone interview which was quite lengthy and outlined my previous skills and accomplishments. I felt very uncomfortable throughout the phone interview as the sales manager asked some seemingly personal questions which I didn't feel were appropriate. Nonetheless, I was eager to move forward as it appeared to be an excellent opportunity. I was thrilled to be contacted within 2 weeks for an in person interview. I arrived at the location early and was asked to come in for my in person interview. The interview process was extremely lengthy, much longer than a typical interview. I was quite appalled at the managers questions which were totally out of line and extremely inappropriate. To top it off I went through this over 2 hour interview process and was told by the manager at the very end...thank you for your time. We actually already hired someone for the position and they are starting this week.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really recall - there were many inappropriate questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Services in July 2014.

Interview was a good process, did not get hired but I felt hopeful. Was a job I was interested in having, but said hired someone with experience in the field