Republic Services Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Empty promises, "the sky is the limit" is repeadtly used. It's fairly unprofessional, and maybe even a little disrespectful of your time. The management has a very nonchalant attitude about the process, and does not seem to take many notes, if any. Definitely make you feel as though you "need" them, instead of you being an asset.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complex situation you experienced, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Republic Services

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Services (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to complete a phone interview. I attended the phone interview which was quite lengthy and outlined my previous skills and accomplishments. I felt very uncomfortable throughout the phone interview as the sales manager asked some seemingly personal questions which I didn't feel were appropriate. Nonetheless, I was eager to move forward as it appeared to be an excellent opportunity. I was thrilled to be contacted within 2 weeks for an in person interview. I arrived at the location early and was asked to come in for my in person interview. The interview process was extremely lengthy, much longer than a typical interview. I was quite appalled at the managers questions which were totally out of line and extremely inappropriate. To top it off I went through this over 2 hour interview process and was told by the manager at the very end...thank you for your time. We actually already hired someone for the position and they are starting this week.

Interview Questions

• I can't really recall - there were many inappropriate questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

I was hired quickly to fill an open position with a new manager. Phone interview, in person interview, ride along with current employee, final interview, drug test (hair) then offer. Make sure you ask the current employee about changes over their job history. This company changes and manipulates policies often.

Interview Questions

• General questions, be prepared to give personal examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, must sign non-compete as well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Republic Services (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

4-6 week the phone, a group interview, but the interview with the V.P. is the worst he reads each line of your resume and questions everything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for a commission guarantee for six month. If you don't ask,it will not be offered also negotiate hard for base salary because there will not be any increases. Don't stay long

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process is broken down into four (4) interviews: phone interview, first face-to-face interview, second face-to-face interview, third interview. The first & second face-to-face interviews are enguaged by three managers in the feild. Both interviews take about two-three hours long. The forth intervew consists of a ride along and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared! The questions more relate to your past experience and how your behavior is portrayed. They ask alot of questions to see how you react to a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Capitol Heights, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Republic Services (Capitol Heights, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

1) Interview with the sales supervisor 2) Interview with the sales manager 3) Interview with the sales manager & GM in joint interview 4) Ride along with rep 5) Final interview with regional director This is a pretty lengthy interview process for what is essentially an entry level sales job (for a location that has a TON of turnover). Most of the questions revolve around your activity levels. Make sure to ask for the "down low" during your ride along.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Republic Services (Tucson, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Called for phone interview with local Sales Manager. Phone interview was 15-20 minutes, basic questions. Called a few days later for a face-to-face interview. Once I arrived to the interview, I was told interview would consist of two panel interviews. The first interview was with Sales Manager, HR Manager, and Area Manager. Questions were very basic as the interviewers all made their respective notes. The second panel interview was with the local General Manager, and Area VP. I was thinking ….all this for a sales position? The interview was very disorganized with no structure. The GM & VP would look at each other, not knowing what questions to ask. Two weeks later, they reposted their ad for a Sales Representative. I received an email from HR Mgr saying, “ we will are interviewing additional candidates" All this for commercial waste removal? No clear details were ever mentioned with regards to compensation, almost like they didn’t want to tell me.

Interview Questions

• Interview question were very basic. Background questions…why did you leave your last job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Republic Services (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Had to inte4rview with 4 different people, 2 H.R., Area Sales, Division GM, and Sales Manager 3 times. Rode on a truck from 2 am to 11 am twice. Rode along with several different sales reps.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions are read from a sheet, nothing too shocking. Tell me a time you showed your competitive spirit. What do is the most important thing that will determine if you accept our offer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be straightforward ask for a minimum of 45k

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Republic Services (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The initial call was from a lady in their HR. She did not know very much about the position except that it was for a Major Account Sales Rep selling new business. After the initial interview, I met with their Sales Manager who was very sharp. This gentlemen had a very outgoing personality and described, in detail, how i would be trained for the role. He mainly spoke about himself and I just listened. He indicated that an offer would be forthcoming and it would be based upon a physical (drug test). I declined the offer because, at the time, the company had just gone through a merger and there were alot of uncertainties. I'm sure by now the dust has settled.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail how you handled a difficult customer or prospect?   1 Answer
    • What books have you read recently that helped improve your sales skills?   1 Answer

I declined the offer due to a recent merger with another waste hauling company. There was too much uncertainty.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Republic Services in January 2009.

Interview

Interview with people out INDY. Typical interview process- fairly easy compared to the other great companies I've worked for. Always ask to do a ride-a-long, and if they tell you "no" and refer you to people to direct your questions to, proceed with caution. THAT I KNOW, from experience. A lot of the management in the smaller areas, especially Illinois into Indiana are lacking in skills. Poor leadership and lack of respect for employees all contribute to poor working atmosphere. Ask around, you'll find many people are "stuck" at this job b/c of their lack of personality, education and so forth. It's too bad.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their pay is average- commission based, be pre-pared to fight many battles b/c the prices just go up uP UP and away on customers. Many customers become aware of this day-by-day, especially when competitors start conquering the area.