Reputation.com

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Reputation.com in August 2011.

Interview Details – First step was a phone interview with a recruiter or hiring manager of some sort - never identified position - only gave name and was very difficult to set up. Email contact was very sporadic and abrupt, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that this individual was very personable on the phone. Phone interview went very well and I was invited in to come in to interview with the department manager and a senior member of the department.

The interview with the CS manager went very well. I was given an in depth description of the job and her expectations for the position. The interview with the senior rep also went well. Both interviewers asked the expected questions and were very open and eager to answer my questions and speak about the company. It was clear that they are both happy in their jobs and want to do well by both their customers and employees.

Following this interview I was called back for an interview with the sales manager. This gentleman was pleasant, but there seems to be a disconnect between what he wants in a CS rep and what the others want as well as the way the job posting was written. I was informed during this interview that the position is really more tech support than than anything, and that my resume "really doesn't scream that." No kidding. That is because I am not a tech support rep - never have been. Had I known they were looking for tech support, I would not have applied for the position. I certainly was not asked about my tech support background - or lack of it - in the previous interviews, so I was quite surprised by this turn of events. I was also informed that there is no time to "drag anyone along and train them."

If you are tech support oriented, it may worth the time to interview for this position. If "all" you can bring to the table is a proven track record of outstanding customer service/client support in a variety of settings, be prepared for the tech support requirement in round three.

Interview Question – Questions about tech support - job description was for customer service, not tech, so did not know they weren't really interested in customer service applicants.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Reputation.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reputation.com Customer Service interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Reputation.com employees and interview candidates.