Reputation.com

Very Easy Interview

IT Administrator Interview

IT Administrator
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reputation.com.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 different people. They all went very well. Some tech questions and personal questions. Nothing to hard. I thought I had it in the bag. Apparently I was mistaken.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reputation.com.

Interview Details – Got stood up for my first phone interview. Rescheduled, where went over details of job and I was very transparent about my needed salary. Told them if they could meet that number, then I would be interested and was told it was possible. Moved on to do three more interviews via phone or Skype. The whole process took around four weeks. Got an offer, but low-balled my stated salary requirements by about $10k, which I had repeated very clearly in each interview loop. Said they would "work on it" while we went through paperwork, background checks, and contacting my references. That whole process went on for another two weeks of limited and ambiguous communication. Started getting wary of how things were proceeding, then finally got a call from a totally new Head of Talent Management to find out that the renegotiated offer actually based at another $6k below the original low-ball offer. What a waste of time. I spent a month and a half being jerked around and lied to by them, when I could have been applying for and pursuing other jobs. They expected me to move to a new city for what actually would have been a pay cut by the end? Such a sketchy company. I would advise anyone else to stay away.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual or out of the normal interview questions. I guess the whole "what salary are you looking for" question doesn't matter to them at all.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – As said before, they came in well under my clearly stated minimum salary requirements for the role. Later found out even that was a lie. They'll string you along then hope you take below market value after investing so much time pursuing a role with them. The whole process was unorganized, poorly executed, and a sham. Stay away.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reputation.com.

Interview Details – Sent me an email for interview confirmation and then got a meeting invite. Everything was fixed and on the day of the interview , 8 hours before the interview at midnight got a message saying interview has been cancelled as they have found a candidate.
 Already 3 rounds were done and I had been given positive feedback and they mailed and said they were interested in moving ahead.
Terrible experience
Glad I never joined them because i was really excited about their product.

Non-engineer Role Interview

Non-engineer Role
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reputation.com in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had phone screen with hiring manager, sent work sample, then had in person interviews. One was virtual, another was a harder interviewer - although I enjoyed this person's line of questioning, another interview was a strange conversation - no questions really, and another never showed.

The office was average, nothing mind blowing by SV standards, the company (people) seems to be more on the mature side (not brimming with fratty early 20-30 y/o), somewhat dry, and missing the cliche excitement, camaraderie, and unique culture that pulses through other SV and SF startups. I'd say if you're all about going to work, working hard on a project, and going home, this might be your place, it's definitely not a "lets grab beers and play the wii type of place".

I'm not really sure what the true value of the product is, and it wasn't demo'd for me, furthermore I didn't really have passion for the product - it showed. That and the fact that I didn't feel a cultural fit (and felt like declining the missed interview) pretty much prepared me the rejection.

Interview Question – Draw screenshots   Answer Question

Reputation Advisor Interview

Reputation Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reputation.com.

Interview Details – Had 3 separate interviews. The first went well and was told that I would be moving on to a second round. The second interview came along and it lasted less than 20 minutes. I was asked to come back one more time thinking this would be it. The interview lasted about an hour as I was interviewed by the whole team.

No communication after the third interview as I was left hanging dry. The manager told me to expect an email a few days later for a final phone screen, but that never came.

Interview Question – How do you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reputation.com.

Interview Details – Applied through a recruiting company. Had a Phone interview with the VP of Engineering. Then 1:1 interviews. It was a regular silicon valley interview with a lot of white boarding. Lot of algorithms and java questions.

Interview Question – All the questions were of average difficulty.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer.

Reputation Advisor Interview

Reputation Advisor
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Reputation.com in August 2013.

Interview Details – I have a few friends working for Reputation.com which how I was initially referred to company. My first impression of the company was great, my friends seemed to like the culture and were doing well for being only two years out of college. However, the actual interview process was frustrating and unchallenging. When I first got there I went into a room where I was interview for a position I didn't even apply for without first being told what the position was. Also the person seemed uninterested and lacked a genuine attitude the entire time. The second person I interview with was awesome. He was actually interested in getting to know me and asked a few questions about my experience but didn't get too deep. The interview process was unsatisfactory because I was told I "was definitely moving on the the next round" and then was hung out to dry without any contact for a week and a half. When I finally got an email they just said they chose someone else. For a company who aims to protect online reputations, they don't seem to care about their own.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any difficult questions, just a basic sales experience question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reputation.com in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – All questions are class ones. The difference among final, finally, finalize in java. Check if a list is a loop. Difference between LinkedList and ArrayList.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Editor
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Reputation.com in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed over the phone and in person, though now they just hire through oDesk for my position, which no longer includes much in the way of skill testing.

Interview Question – Grammar-based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Reputation.com in August 2011.

Interview Details – First step was a phone interview with a recruiter or hiring manager of some sort - never identified position - only gave name and was very difficult to set up. Email contact was very sporadic and abrupt, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that this individual was very personable on the phone. Phone interview went very well and I was invited in to come in to interview with the department manager and a senior member of the department.

The interview with the CS manager went very well. I was given an in depth description of the job and her expectations for the position. The interview with the senior rep also went well. Both interviewers asked the expected questions and were very open and eager to answer my questions and speak about the company. It was clear that they are both happy in their jobs and want to do well by both their customers and employees.

Following this interview I was called back for an interview with the sales manager. This gentleman was pleasant, but there seems to be a disconnect between what he wants in a CS rep and what the others want as well as the way the job posting was written. I was informed during this interview that the position is really more tech support than than anything, and that my resume "really doesn't scream that." No kidding. That is because I am not a tech support rep - never have been. Had I known they were looking for tech support, I would not have applied for the position. I certainly was not asked about my tech support background - or lack of it - in the previous interviews, so I was quite surprised by this turn of events. I was also informed that there is no time to "drag anyone along and train them."

If you are tech support oriented, it may worth the time to interview for this position. If "all" you can bring to the table is a proven track record of outstanding customer service/client support in a variety of settings, be prepared for the tech support requirement in round three.

Interview Question – Questions about tech support - job description was for customer service, not tech, so did not know they weren't really interested in customer service applicants.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Reputation.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reputation.com interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Reputation.com employees and interview candidates.