ResCare

1.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ResCare in August 2014.

Initial communication is via email. There are 2 interviews, the first is with the hiring manager then the second interview is with another trusted employee with seniority at the clients' living facility.

Interview Questions
  • (The classic) why would you like to work for us?   View Answer

I would not be able to display the compassion and patience that every client needed and the pay was far lower than expected for the work they needed to have done.

Other Interview Reviews for ResCare

Direct Care Staff Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ResCare in April 2014.

Interview process was easy. I was asked about my experience. He basically handed me the job. He printed out schedules of open shifts in various group homes and told me to pick what I wanted, I was nervous because I knew nothing about any of these houses and felt luck was up to fate. There is a second interview process which the PC or home manager takes you to the house you chose and judges how you interact with residents and asks interview questions as well. The PC hired me but didnt turn in her side of the paperwork so after a week of not receiving a call back, I contacted them to find out the paperwork was never turned in and they forgot. Then basically you do your background check and wait a week or so for the results and begin orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a confrontation with a supervisor.   View Answer
    No. The job offer was printed up stating my pay and status.Pay was not negotiable even though I have years of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ResCare in January 2013.

Pros: I got hired right away. The interview was only about 10 minutes. The dress code is casual.

Back in January 2013 the resident director interviewed me by telephone for a few minutes and she gave me instructions on how to apply and then she organized an in-house interview in Plano, Texas. During the interview she came across as really uptight and agitated. When I went in for the interview she hired me right away but spoke unclearly and did not clarify too much about the job or what I would be doing. She did inform me that 5 days of training would be at the Denton, Texas main office. She did not allow for too many questions to be asked. That made me nervous. The resident director seemed very overwhelmed and apathetic about training as well.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The pay is minimum wage which is bad for those who have a college education.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ResCare in January 2010.

Filled out application online. They called. Didn't ask many questions. Put me in touch with the person who would be my boss. She had me meet her at the job site. She introduced me to the individuals and showed me around. She asked if I thought I would like to work with them and thought I could do the job. I said yes and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was supposed to have another interview but it never happened. I just started.   Answer Question
    None. I should have tried. Anybody trying to hire on at this company should at least try to negotiate for 10 dollars an hour. 8.25 is ridiculous for all that you end up doing.

Direct Care Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ResCare in April 2010.

My initial interaction with the company was great, very upbeat; unfortunately, I later discovered that the company was extremely disorganized, which made it very difficult to do my job. If I were to give any advice to anyone, my advice would be ask questions, lots of them. Start writing down (before you interview) as many impertinant questions to your job as possible, and BE SPECIFIC... If they say they offer insurance, ask what percentage do they cover, what type, and what does that include?

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel your greatest accomplishment has been?   View Answer