ResCare

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Jasper, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ResCare in January 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out application online. They called. Didn't ask many questions. Put me in touch with the person who would be my boss. She had me meet her at the job site. She introduced me to the individuals and showed me around. She asked if I thought I would like to work with them and thought I could do the job. I said yes and I was hired.

Interview Question – None. I was supposed to have another interview but it never happened. I just started.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. I should have tried. Anybody trying to hire on at this company should at least try to negotiate for 10 dollars an hour. 8.25 is ridiculous for all that you end up doing.

Very Easy Interview

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ResCare in January 2013.

Interview Details – Pros: I got hired right away. The interview was only about 10 minutes. The dress code is casual.

Back in January 2013 the resident director interviewed me by telephone for a few minutes and she gave me instructions on how to apply and then she organized an in-house interview in Plano, Texas. During the interview she came across as really uptight and agitated. When I went in for the interview she hired me right away but spoke unclearly and did not clarify too much about the job or what I would be doing. She did inform me that 5 days of training would be at the Denton, Texas main office. She did not allow for too many questions to be asked. That made me nervous. The resident director seemed very overwhelmed and apathetic about training as well.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The pay is minimum wage which is bad for those who have a college education.

Direct Care Staff

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ResCare in April 2010.

Interview Details – My initial interaction with the company was great, very upbeat; unfortunately, I later discovered that the company was extremely disorganized, which made it very difficult to do my job. If I were to give any advice to anyone, my advice would be ask questions, lots of them. Start writing down (before you interview) as many impertinant questions to your job as possible, and BE SPECIFIC... If they say they offer insurance, ask what percentage do they cover, what type, and what does that include?

Interview Question – What do you feel your greatest accomplishment has been?   View Answer

Worked for ResCare? Contribute to the Community!