ResCare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Caregiver Interview

Caregiver
East Wenatchee, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ResCare in January 2011.

Interview Details – Basically just asked me what my caregiving background was and then hired me on the spot. It was really a bit informal.

Interview Question – It was pretty typical actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasnt a negotiating phase.

Health Care Aide Interview

Health Care Aide
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ResCare in October 2011.

Interview Details – If you meet there requirements, have a good attitude, enjoy working with all types of people in different setting then if they are hiring you may just have a job

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel out of Cedar Rapids to another location in Iowa?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I could not afford general maintenance or gas in budget for the amount of pay they were offering. That and compensation for mileage for out of the county would not justify to purpose of going out of town. They could not set me up with jobs in Cedar Rapids Iowa.

Direct Care Interview

Direct Care
El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ResCare in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied at an unemployment website, got called the next day, went in for a 5 minute interview, got the job

Interview Question – Are you afraid of working with people with mental instabilities?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, stuck at minimum wage

Support Associate Interview

Support Associate
Seymour, IN

I applied online - interviewed at ResCare in June 2010.

Interview Details – they have a 2 interview process

Interview Question – n/a they will hire most anyone   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Lynchburg, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at ResCare in August 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty easy. Just had a 1:1 interview with the owner, and then a group interview with my direct supervisor and the owner. It consisted of your normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   View Answer
  • What was a situation where you turned a negative into a positive?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Just recently bought by ResCare, which is a huge billion dollar corporation. Probably way better benefits and salaries than before.

Residential Director Interview

Residential Director
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ResCare in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very unprofessional. I was wearing a suit but the 'regional managers' were wearing jeans and flip flops. They barely asked me any questions but were very honest about the companies shortcomings. No preparation needed. They just read from your resume and ask questions.

Interview Question – What do yo currently do   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job was only good in title. They wanted someone with a BS/BA but when the salaried position was calculated per hour it broke down to 11.31. Also if you are any type of manager you have to be on call 24/7/365 and if someone calls out, YOU have to work a 16 hour shift UNPAID before overtime to can be approved.

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ResCare in April 2010.

Interview Details – Structured interview; asking "canned" questions.
However, I learned later that nobody is trained in interviewing techniques, so they didn't even know what to look for in the answers.

Interview Question – What would you do if a worker called in sick repeatedly?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Get the absolute highest salary you can because you will never, ever get a raise.

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ResCare in July 2010.

Interview Details – You apply online, and then interview with whomever your supervisor will be. There are predetermined questions that are asked, and your answers are written down. Some questions are general and some are very detailed. They are the usual interview questions you get at every interview.

Interview Question – Strength and weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation of salary. It is what it is. Be advised that this company does not give raises.

Supportive Living Interview

Supportive Living
Evansville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ResCare in January 2011.

Interview Details – In applied online, but did not revcieve a responce. I then went in to speak with the HR department, where we discovered that my application was never submitted dispite my email of submittance. I resubmitted an application and was given my first interview. It was brief and gave me very little information about what the rest of the interview/ training would be of.
I recieved a call for another interview for 3 hours after the call and was given instructions to get 4 written letters of recommendations and have them ready intime for my second interview. It was not easy, but i pulled it off.
Next, i was sent to my work site for the final interview before begining the training for the job. A week later, i learned that the position i was being considered for was filled so i begain a long training process without any knowlege of where i would be working or what i would be doing.
The training process lasts a 2 weeks, the first is classroom from 8 am to 5 pm monday-friday and the second is site training. after completing all of that, i was placed in limbo for about a week before being assigned and begaining work at my new site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was very little negotiations involved. Pay was set. i was only able to negotiate some of the scheduling for my training for the job.

QSA Interview

QSA
Huntington, WV

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ResCare in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with a home manage rand a background check. Some class training with observation of clients and working on the floor with other staff.

Interview Question – Would you step up to do another persons job if it would help the consumers?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ResCare