ResCare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.1

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ResCare (El Paso, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Spoke briefly to a manager from OOT. Really, that was it. I was introduced to the staff. After background check was done I was given a start date.

Interview Questions

• You do know what kind of population you will be working with, right?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked with intellectually disabled before?   1 Answer

DSP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ResCare (Beckley, WV) in February 2014.

Interview

They bring you in for an interview at the location. You meet the consumers and staff. Then they bring you into the office and ask simple questions. Then they send you on your way. Easiest interview I have ever been to.

Negotiation

None

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ResCare (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I was called in for an interview, it went well. Seemed like they judged me for being Caucasian. The interview panel were all African American. I answered all the questions adequately and had experience. For some reason I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with people from different backgrounds, and if so are you comfortable with performing the task?   Answer Question

Direct Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gallipolis, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ResCare (Gallipolis, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

I was just told about what the job responsibilities were and if it was something I would be interested in doing. I then had to answer a bunch of questions but none of them were really mandatory. I already had the job; it was just standard procedure. There really wasn't much to it. I had the sense that they were short on staff and they desperately needed to hire someone. (I was right).

Interview Questions

• What's the worst thing that a former supervisor did that you didn't agree with? What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Direct Care Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ResCare (Plano, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Pros: I got hired right away. The interview was only about 10 minutes. The dress code is casual.

Back in January 2013 the resident director interviewed me by telephone for a few minutes and she gave me instructions on how to apply and then she organized an in-house interview in Plano, Texas. During the interview she came across as really uptight and agitated. When I went in for the interview she hired me right away but spoke unclearly and did not clarify too much about the job or what I would be doing. She did inform me that 5 days of training would be at the Denton, Texas main office. She did not allow for too many questions to be asked. That made me nervous. The resident director seemed very overwhelmed and apathetic about training as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay is minimum wage which is bad for those who have a college education.

Direct Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ResCare (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

No way to plan for the interview. I didn't even get a drug screening before a began working. After being accepted you then go through a week of training.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take if you had a problem with staff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an ok experience. I got paid training that I can use somewhere else.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ResCare (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by supervisor and HR. I was asked questions and given a writing test. Lastly, I was given a drug test. that was the whole progress. Thank you!!!!

Interview Questions

• What are two negatives about you   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told a salary and I accepted it

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ResCare in November 2012.

Interview

complete application submit to corporation take test interview background check call state health department call state nurses register come in for orientate review policy review procedure check cpm, check tb screening, do drug testing, go over dress code, map out state and area to be covered, cover nurse care management plan meet client nurse review insurance coverage review nurse activity to be provided, find medical equipment to be used check insurance coverage, meet client nurse for approval meet client doctor for approval receive client insurance for approve

Interview Questions

• meeting the nurse and doctor for the board detail activities and requirement or need for a provider whether the provider feels there is a need for a care plan whether the doctor feels there is a need for care provider   1 Answer

Residential Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ResCare (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was very unprofessional. I was wearing a suit but the 'regional managers' were wearing jeans and flip flops. They barely asked me any questions but were very honest about the companies shortcomings. No preparation needed. They just read from your resume and ask questions.

Interview Questions

The job was only good in title. They wanted someone with a BS/BA but when the salaried position was calculated per hour it broke down to 11.31. Also if you are any type of manager you have to be on call 24/7/365 and if someone calls out, YOU have to work a 16 hour shift UNPAID before overtime to can be approved.

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ResCare (Jasper, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online at 3 am; director of hr called me for an interview at 8 am. I answered a few softball questions then drove to the site, met the lady who would be my boss, took a tour of the house, answered a few more questions and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience working with people who are non-verbal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I had listed on my application what I would like to make, but was informed that everyone is hired in at the same pay.