ResCare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.1

Home Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

Apply, if you say you are available, they will hire you!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary $11.37, no negotiation.

Direct Care Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare (Jeffersonville, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

It looks good on the surface. They tell you all the wonderful things you want to hear to begin with . You actually start to believe them. Then you get to the house and it's a complete lie. Everything they tell you.

Direct Care Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy. I was asked about my experience. He basically handed me the job. He printed out schedules of open shifts in various group homes and told me to pick what I wanted, I was nervous because I knew nothing about any of these houses and felt luck was up to fate. There is a second interview process which the PC or home manager takes you to the house you chose and judges how you interact with residents and asks interview questions as well. The PC hired me but didnt turn in her side of the paperwork so after a week of not receiving a call back, I contacted them to find out the paperwork was never turned in and they forgot. Then basically you do your background check and wait a week or so for the results and begin orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a confrontation with a supervisor.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. The job offer was printed up stating my pay and status.Pay was not negotiable even though I have years of experience.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ResCare (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Interview and hiring process was adequate except they did not check references until after I was offered the job and had worked a few days. Not a good practice. Orientation was rushed and a large amount of information thrown at me in order to get me through it and able to go out working in the field.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with a couple weeks of orientation   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, was given a take it or leave it pay.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare (Everett, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

The basic interview questions. Then she asked how many languages I spoke. I said only English... silence from interviewer...and then she said "oh". Wish she asked that during the phone interview screening, would have saved me my time, since it was a preferred skill. A week later, she ignored my emails inquiring about the position.

Direct Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ResCare (Stockton, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later received a phone call to schedule an interview. Very basic interview, and a simple multiple choice written test, took aprox. one hour. Called back for hire then took TB test and passed a couple of days later. at the same time was fingerprinted for a basic criminal background check which took about four or five days. Began working as soon as the results were in.

Negotiation

None

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ResCare (El Paso, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Spoke briefly to a manager from OOT. Really, that was it. I was introduced to the staff. After background check was done I was given a start date.

Interview Questions

• You do know what kind of population you will be working with, right?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked with intellectually disabled before?   1 Answer

DSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ResCare (Beckley, WV) in February 2014.

Interview

They bring you in for an interview at the location. You meet the consumers and staff. Then they bring you into the office and ask simple questions. Then they send you on your way. Easiest interview I have ever been to.

Negotiation

None

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ResCare (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I was called in for an interview, it went well. Seemed like they judged me for being Caucasian. The interview panel were all African American. I answered all the questions adequately and had experience. For some reason I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with people from different backgrounds, and if so are you comfortable with performing the task?   Answer Question

Direct Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gallipolis, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ResCare (Gallipolis, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

I was just told about what the job responsibilities were and if it was something I would be interested in doing. I then had to answer a bunch of questions but none of them were really mandatory. I already had the job; it was just standard procedure. There really wasn't much to it. I had the sense that they were short on staff and they desperately needed to hire someone. (I was right).

Interview Questions

• What's the worst thing that a former supervisor did that you didn't agree with? What did you do about it?   Answer Question