ResCare WorkForce Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.5

Workshop Facilitator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

The online application system is terribly difficult. Cannot save information; application must be complete from scratch in one sitting. If it times out, all work is lost. Does not save application to be reused for future openings.

The staff who invited me for an interview and conducted the interview were very professional and friendly. The location has good longevity and good morale.

The interview required an original presentation about 5 minutes in length.

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate a person who is discouraged and has not been able to find a job.   Answer Question
    No room to negotiate; they had a set budget and no flexibility.

Unit Assistant Clerk Interview

Called in for a group screening where we had to split off into groups of five and work as a team to present on a specified prompt. Afterwards, individual interviews were conducted with two managers interviewing you at the same time. Fairly straight forward, pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • "why are you looking to work in this field and not in the field you studied in?"   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

When they said group interview, I imagined interviewing in front of a panel of interviewers. Well, there was a panel, but there was also a large group of other applicants all interviewing at once! It felt like the hunger games. They asked a question to the group, then each candidate answered one by one. I believe they asked 2 questions like this, then split us into groups of 3-4 to work collaboratively to answer a third question. Luckily, I was paired with 2 shy ladies and I was able to present the answer to the panel. After that, we had to give a writing sample and take a ProveIt test on: Outlook, Word, and Excel.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult, but having to think of a unique way to answer when 15 people have gone before you is very stressful.   Answer Question

Structured Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

They will ask you a whole bunch of structured questions. The main thing is you need to make sense, but don't worry about the actual content of your answer. None of the management teams who do the hiring are actually trained in the interview process. I know, because I was one of the interviewers at three different ResCare locations. I was trained in structured interviewing at a different employer, but nobody gets trained at ResCare. There are some individuals who think they know how to assess the interview responses, but they really don't. It just boils down to justifying the answers of the person they want to hire. I've even seen them work backwards… giving the person they want to hire - for whatever reason - the highest score, and then working backwards to make sure the other candidates get a lower score. It's whacked….

Interview Questions
    • nothing, really - standardized questions with no right answers   Answer Question

Lead Career Services Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

Positions are posted via internet, applications are reviewed, qualified applicants are invited to an interview, interviews are conducted, 2nd interview if needed, job offer, and then drug, background, and reference checks are completed.

Interview Questions
    • There are approximately 40 questions asked during the interview ranging from situational based to skill based.   Answer Question

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Fremont, NE

I applied online – interviewed at ResCare WorkForce in December 2013.

Was a very interesting interview. It was a very calm environment and very friendly an understanding.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult and unexpected question was naming resources in the Fremont area.   View Answer

Work Readiness Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

First, I've worked for this company before. My most recent experience with ResCare wasn't that great. I first had a basic phone interview and was set up with an in person interview. I arrived early and sat in the "lobby" for 30 minutes (20 minutes after interview time) before anyone came to tell me that they were in a meeting and someone would be with me soon. I waited about 45 minutes before my interview began. I interviewed with two people; they never told me their positions so it was a bit confusing. They read from a script and alternated between questions. The questions were very basic. My main disappointment (aside from sitting unattended for so long!) was that the job description wasn't anything like the real job duties. I never would have applied to the position had I known more about the job. Approximately 1 month after my interview I received the rejection letter via mail. Why waste money on mailing the letter? Just send the rejection via email and let people know sooner.

Client Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at ResCare WorkForce in August 2013.

Really didn't have an interview with ResCare, I work for a government contract and the contract came up for bid and ResCare got the contract. They asked all of us who wanted to stay and offered us a $2.00 an hour raise to stay on and work for them. Then they did a drug and background check. We all met in a building signed paperwork listened to them talk about what they had to offer and what they expected of us.

Just sent letters to all of us offering a $2.00 raise

Employment Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

Initial and hiring interviews, were both full of lies by omission. The position that was described at the interviews, was a candy-coated piece of fluff, that really had nothing to do with what the true position turned out to be when hired.The training,or lack of training was basically useless,as well.

What negotiation?

Site Manager Interview

Only had one interview with Program Manager. The interview process is to determine your management philosophy and style. It is most important that your management style aligns with the Rescare culture. Be prepared to share any previous managerial challenges and the respective outcomes. The position requires forward or progressive thinkers.

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle the difference between an achieving employee with an attendance problem versus an average employee who is always on time?   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation