ResCare WorkForce Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.7

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ResCare WorkForce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Group interview (3 hrs) with direct supervisor and 2 regional managers. Given a mock workshop scenario to act out as Trainers. Took 2 1/2 weeks to hear I got the job. Afterward we were interviewed individually for approx 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet one person dead or alive who would it be and why?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with conflict in the workplace with employees?   Answer Question
    • They asked a general question like, Do you know what we do here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

ResCare does not negotiate. you either accept it or not.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

Interview

Easy interview, interviewed by two people from upper management. Project was new so everyone who started were new. Training was fun. Since no office was set up the interview was held at a local library.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare WorkForce (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

A waste of time. Never contacted my references, or did finger print profile on me. Refused to hire me for no professional reason. They kept me in the dark with no notification. I'm really shocked. I thought this company was professional. What happened to the integrity?

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if a supervisor asked you to do something that wasn't ethical?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

Interview

The online application system is terribly difficult. Cannot save information; application must be complete from scratch in one sitting. If it times out, all work is lost. Does not save application to be reused for future openings. The staff who invited me for an interview and conducted the interview were very professional and friendly. The location has good longevity and good morale. The interview required an original presentation about 5 minutes in length.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate a person who is discouraged and has not been able to find a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room to negotiate; they had a set budget and no flexibility.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ResCare WorkForce (Clarksville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process started very quickly. I submitted the application on 10/06/2014, I was contacted on 10/08/2014 and attended the interview on 10/09/2014. However, after the interview I did not hear back until 10/28/2015 that was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with a client that seems unmotivated?   Answer Question

Unit Assistant Clerk Interview

Interview

Called in for a group screening where we had to split off into groups of five and work as a team to present on a specified prompt. Afterwards, individual interviews were conducted with two managers interviewing you at the same time. Fairly straight forward, pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• "why are you looking to work in this field and not in the field you studied in?"   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

Interview

When they said group interview, I imagined interviewing in front of a panel of interviewers. Well, there was a panel, but there was also a large group of other applicants all interviewing at once! It felt like the hunger games. They asked a question to the group, then each candidate answered one by one. I believe they asked 2 questions like this, then split us into groups of 3-4 to work collaboratively to answer a third question. Luckily, I was paired with 2 shy ladies and I was able to present the answer to the panel. After that, we had to give a writing sample and take a ProveIt test on: Outlook, Word, and Excel.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult, but having to think of a unique way to answer when 15 people have gone before you is very stressful.   Answer Question

Structured Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ResCare WorkForce (Houston, TX).

Interview

They will ask you a whole bunch of structured questions. The main thing is you need to make sense, but don't worry about the actual content of your answer. None of the management teams who do the hiring are actually trained in the interview process. I know, because I was one of the interviewers at three different ResCare locations. I was trained in structured interviewing at a different employer, but nobody gets trained at ResCare. There are some individuals who think they know how to assess the interview responses, but they really don't. It just boils down to justifying the answers of the person they want to hire. I've even seen them work backwards… giving the person they want to hire - for whatever reason - the highest score, and then working backwards to make sure the other candidates get a lower score. It's whacked….

Interview Questions

• nothing, really - standardized questions with no right answers   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

Interview

Positions are posted via internet, applications are reviewed, qualified applicants are invited to an interview, interviews are conducted, 2nd interview if needed, job offer, and then drug, background, and reference checks are completed.

Interview Questions

• There are approximately 40 questions asked during the interview ranging from situational based to skill based.   Answer Question

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare WorkForce (Fremont, NE) in December 2013.

Interview

Was a very interesting interview. It was a very calm environment and very friendly an understanding.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult and unexpected question was naming resources in the Fremont area.   1 Answer