ResCare WorkForce

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Structured Interview Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

Interview Details – They will ask you a whole bunch of structured questions. The main thing is you need to make sense, but don't worry about the actual content of your answer. None of the management teams who do the hiring are actually trained in the interview process. I know, because I was one of the interviewers at three different ResCare locations. I was trained in structured interviewing at a different employer, but nobody gets trained at ResCare. There are some individuals who think they know how to assess the interview responses, but they really don't. It just boils down to justifying the answers of the person they want to hire. I've even seen them work backwards… giving the person they want to hire - for whatever reason - the highest score, and then working backwards to make sure the other candidates get a lower score. It's whacked….

Interview Question – nothing, really - standardized questions with no right answers   Answer Question

Lead Career Services Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

Interview Details – Positions are posted via internet, applications are reviewed, qualified applicants are invited to an interview, interviews are conducted, 2nd interview if needed, job offer, and then drug, background, and reference checks are completed.

Interview Question – There are approximately 40 questions asked during the interview ranging from situational based to skill based.   Answer Question

Case Worker Interview

Fremont, NE

I applied online - interviewed at ResCare WorkForce in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was a very interesting interview. It was a very calm environment and very friendly an understanding.

Interview Question – The most difficult and unexpected question was naming resources in the Fremont area.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work Readiness Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

Interview Details – First, I've worked for this company before. My most recent experience with ResCare wasn't that great. I first had a basic phone interview and was set up with an in person interview. I arrived early and sat in the "lobby" for 30 minutes (20 minutes after interview time) before anyone came to tell me that they were in a meeting and someone would be with me soon. I waited about 45 minutes before my interview began. I interviewed with two people; they never told me their positions so it was a bit confusing. They read from a script and alternated between questions. The questions were very basic. My main disappointment (aside from sitting unattended for so long!) was that the job description wasn't anything like the real job duties. I never would have applied to the position had I known more about the job. Approximately 1 month after my interview I received the rejection letter via mail. Why waste money on mailing the letter? Just send the rejection via email and let people know sooner.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Employment Specialist Interview

Employment Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at ResCare WorkForce.

Interview Details – Initial and hiring interviews, were both full of lies by omission. The position that was described at the interviews, was a candy-coated piece of fluff, that really had nothing to do with what the true position turned out to be when hired.The training,or lack of training was basically useless,as well.

Negotiation Details – What negotiation?

Site Manager Interview

Site Manager

Interviewed at ResCare WorkForce

Interview Details – Only had one interview with Program Manager. The interview process is to determine your management philosophy and style. It is most important that your management style aligns with the Rescare culture. Be prepared to share any previous managerial challenges and the respective outcomes. The position requires forward or progressive thinkers.

Interview Question – how do you handle the difference between an achieving employee with an attendance problem versus an average employee who is always on time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Center Manager Interview

Interviewed at ResCare WorkForce

Interview Details – Most likely it will be a panel interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to change priorities, how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent

Employment Specialist Interview

Everett, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ResCare WorkForce in August 2011.

Interview Details – They love to hire from temp to perm through current and past employee referrals. Expect the temp work to be a "working interview" and if you do well you will be invited to apply for permanent employment. You will do this online (treat it like you don't yet have the job, but you WANT it!) They will interview you, likely in a panel setting, using a pre-scripted set of (mostly) behavioral questions. All candidates get the same questions and decision will be made by panel, with director to have final say.

Interview Question – Expect STAR - style. Google this interview type and practice!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was non-negotiable when I was hired.

Program Manager Interview

Harrisburg, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ResCare WorkForce in September 2008.

Interview Details – It is like signing a mortgage or a life insurance policy. Process to get background checks done is painstaking.

Interview Question – What do I like to do in my spare time?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ResCare WorkForce? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ResCare WorkForce interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by ResCare WorkForce employees and interview candidates.