ResMed Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014
14 interviews

2.8

Customer Service Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at ResMed.

By far the best interview experience I've ever had. First met with the director, had a tour of the facilities. Next day met with the VP of the department and it was an incredible interview, in fact instead of the typical "their sitting behind the big desk" she came around and sat next to me and it was like talking to a kindred spirit. We shared the same work ethics and style. The importance of viewing the department as a support team and not a "call center".

Interview Questions
    • None....I walked out of that interview knowing this was the company I wanted to be apart of, grow with and retire from.   Answer Question
    Very satisfactory.

Contributor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ResMed.

Agent helped me to get interviewed but my resume is already submitted online.
    Got called 2 times for schedule.
    Interview high level
    Interview technical with panel.
    Video Interview technical with panel.

In some position, even at low level, the VP and higher than VP even interview the contributor. Very selective.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Everything is easy for my position. Questions are normal and part of the job. I have too much experience for easy questions. I now more than the interviewer.   Answer Question
    Offered a position. Thought about it for 2 weeks. Requested for increase. Gave them a week. They accepted.

Senior Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ResMed in December 2012.

The recruiting process consisted of a telephone interview with the hiring manager for 30 minutes. Followed by round one of interviews for 3 hours and then a final round for 3 hours where I met with 4 people throughout the business. They asked behavioral based questions and were very well prepared. It was an amazingly positive candidate experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult business problem you encountered? How did you handle it? Looking back would you do anything differently now?   Answer Question
    The hiring manager and I discussed compensation. Our discussion was straight forward and very pleasant. We had discussed in our initial interview.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at ResMed in April 2013.

Met with a gentleman that was rather nice. It was a "get to know you interview". Pretty much ran through resume.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stood out. Had to explain capital equipment sales experience.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ResMed.

It took almost 4 months to get hired. Very detailed interview process that included several phone screenings from members of the team. Then, in person interviews that took all day. And, then a presentation to a group of executives and HR members. They were very detailed and professional with an agenda and list of questions prepared.

Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ResMed in May 2011.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • None, really but the interviewer was a little short at times   Answer Question

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at ResMed in October 2012.

Phone screen with a newly hired on-site recruiter, good follow up and instructions for the first interview by the HR coordinator (sent an email with a list of interview participants and their titles, map and job description). Offices are clean, impressive and high tech, lots of windows, product displays plus a terrific art collection both inside and outside the facility (sculpture, paintings, installations). They have a lovely on-site cafeteria, since I was to be interviewing for most of the morning I received a coupon for a free coffee....nice!

Overall the first interviews on 10/11 were well organized and went smoothly - I did 1:1s with several members of the team and was pleased to be called for a second interview on Tuesday, 10/30, starting at 8:30 AM to speak with 3 additional team members.

Here's where it gets dodgy....on 10/26 I was sent this message by the onsite recruiter I had been working with: "We have had scheduling conflicts as well as an unforeseen changes within this position and need to post pone your second interview until we complete our internal diligence. Our apologies for any inconveniences and thank you for your continued interest. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have."

I replied same day (10/26) with this: "Thanks for the heads up. I really enjoyed my first interview and am very interested in pursing a career with Team ResMed. Please keep me in the loop on developments or if at any time the position closes and is no longer available."

On 11/7, I did another follow up email with the recruiter as I had heard nothing:
    "Just a quick note to check in and let you know I'm still very interested in pursuing a position with ResMed's marketing team. I'm standing by. Hope you're settling in well and enjoying your work --"

One month after my initial interview, on 11/27, I decided to check in again (kinda figuring out the obvious) and got this reply: "The interviews went well however we decided to go with another candidate who more closely matches the position. Please keep in touch. Also we do have another project manager in our econ division which was just posted, please have a look on our website and let me know if you think this is in fact a good match."

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. Hiring someone else is cool, I'm glad they found a match - but don't postpone someone indefinitely - that's bad business.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question actually came from me when I asked when could I expect my 2nd interview to be rescheduled?   Answer Question

Clinical Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ResMed in November 2010.

Not too good...the interview did not include those individuals who I would be working directly with. I think its important for co-workers to be in the interview process in order to feel like they have a say-so as to who will be joining their existing team.

Interview Questions
    Not much of a negotiation since I do feel uncomfortable with the process. I also didn't want to lose the opportunity to get the job.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ResMed.

Interview process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by two 1:1 interviews that gave you a basic understanding of the company and then two 2:1 interviews to test your skills. The 1:1 interviews were simple enough. The skill interviews were none stop questions and had you writing code on a whiteboard and answering low level on programming.

Interview Questions
    • Write a method printing out 1-100 were every multiple of 3 print out "Fizz" instead of the number, for every multiple of 5 print out "Buzz" instead of the number, and every multiple of 15 print out "Fizz Buzz" instead of the number.   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ResMed in May 2012.

HR Phone Screen followed by half day serial interview (2 interviewers at a time) followed by background check followed by official offer.

Interview Questions
    • Read cucumber code and decipher what is being tested.   View Answer
    At one point they asked by salary expectations. I got an offer at the bottom on that.

Worked for ResMed? Contribute to the Community!