Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii

Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii

Program Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii.

Interviewer was nervous, didn't appear organized. Asked me a bunch of stock questions related to conservation in Hawaii, with no surprises. Only one interview was needed.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate- pay is low, and set.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii.

After applying online I was contacted a few days later for an interview. The interview went fine but their work culture didn't fit my needs for the job. The job required a ridiculous amount of hours considering the pay. It just wasn't the right fit for me personally.

Benefits Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii in May 2010.

Had a 4 panel interview for the position. Walked into the room, and no one introduced themselves or their position. During the whole one hour interview, only one person asked questions (turns out to be the HR Director). Seemed like the rest of the managers feared her and didn't want to ask any questions in front of her. Was told that once you are trained, you should take good enough notes to never ask questions again. Doesn't seem like a happy work environment.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii in January 2008.

One phone interview, with a panel of four people.
    Detailed questions about my technical abilities, as well as my past experience with working in an academic environment. However the interviewers were not software engineers so there were no technical questions.
    I was ranked second after the interviews and the reason why I was not offered the job was due to the fact that I had no previous work experience in an University environment.

Oceanographer Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii in January 2008.

As a researcher you are interviewed by the project PI, so the interview process will vary greatly depending on the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your short and long term goals both personally and professionally.   Answer Question