Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii.

Interview Details – Interviewer was nervous, didn't appear organized. Asked me a bunch of stock questions related to conservation in Hawaii, with no surprises. Only one interview was needed.

Interview Question – Name 5 native Hawaiian plants.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate- pay is low, and set.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii.

Interview Details – After applying online I was contacted a few days later for an interview. The interview went fine but their work culture didn't fit my needs for the job. The job required a ridiculous amount of hours considering the pay. It just wasn't the right fit for me personally.

Interview Question – Preferred management style.   Answer Question

Benefits Associate Interview

Benefits Associate
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had a 4 panel interview for the position. Walked into the room, and no one introduced themselves or their position. During the whole one hour interview, only one person asked questions (turns out to be the HR Director). Seemed like the rest of the managers feared her and didn't want to ask any questions in front of her. Was told that once you are trained, you should take good enough notes to never ask questions again. Doesn't seem like a happy work environment.

Interview Question – Describe your background and HR experience.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii in January 2008.

Interview Details – One phone interview, with a panel of four people.
Detailed questions about my technical abilities, as well as my past experience with working in an academic environment. However the interviewers were not software engineers so there were no technical questions.
I was ranked second after the interviews and the reason why I was not offered the job was due to the fact that I had no previous work experience in an University environment.

Interview Questions

Oceanographer Interview

Oceanographer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii in January 2008.

Interview Details – As a researcher you are interviewed by the project PI, so the interview process will vary greatly depending on the position.

Interview Question – What are your short and long term goals both personally and professionally.   Answer Question

Worked for Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii? Contribute to the Community!