Research In Motion

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Research In Motion.

Interview Details – Generally ok , but they need to look into their candidate screening process.

I did not apply for that position( I submitted my resume for another completely unrelated position), The HR called me first and I had no idea what the job was about, but she said I was a good match and asked me to come in for an interview.

During the interview I found out what the hiring manager wanted and I don't have the necessary skills at all, and I simply asked the guy why I was selected for an interview, since nothing in my resume suggested I could do the job. He was puzzled as well and we guessed that HR probably had a mix-up. So we shook hands and said goodbye, and I just counted this as a whole day wasted on a trip to Waterloo in heavy snow.

However, after about three months, the SAME HR person left me a voice message, it was for an interview for the SAME position by the SAME manager. And another three months later, while I was in a conference call someone from RIM called me again and I simply rejected the call.

Interview Question – None at all. Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Research In Motion in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was up to the hiring manager at the time, I met with him followed by his peer in the same team. The whole process took 2 weeks and then I was offered the position.

Interview Question – There wasn't one - it was pretty standard. Management style, how I problem solve, how I lead teams...   View Answer

Worked for Research In Motion? Contribute to the Community!