Research In Motion

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Research In Motion

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Research In Motion.

Generally ok , but they need to look into their candidate screening process.

I did not apply for that position( I submitted my resume for another completely unrelated position), The HR called me first and I had no idea what the job was about, but she said I was a good match and asked me to come in for an interview.

During the interview I found out what the hiring manager wanted and I don't have the necessary skills at all, and I simply asked the guy why I was selected for an interview, since nothing in my resume suggested I could do the job. He was puzzled as well and we guessed that HR probably had a mix-up. So we shook hands and said goodbye, and I just counted this as a whole day wasted on a trip to Waterloo in heavy snow.

However, after about three months, the SAME HR person left me a voice message, it was for an interview for the SAME position by the SAME manager. And another three months later, while I was in a conference call someone from RIM called me again and I simply rejected the call.

Interview Questions