Research Now

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Research Now in July 2014.

It took almost a month to get an invitation for an interview and the post had been advertised for quite some time, but once it arrived, the process was very quick, efficient and I dealt with probably one of the most efficient and reliable HR person I have ever encountered while applying for jobs in the (London) Market Research sector. This was utterly professional - he knew who I was, actually read my CV, called when he said he would, replied to any emails within in hour and generally came across as a nice, friendly and reliable person, which really made me want to work for the company. This was in stark contrast to some dismal experiences I had with the recruitment pople at some of the biggest market research players here - their HR could definitely learn a lot from this company about how to treat candidates with respect, pay attention to people and do their job professionally. We first had an informal chat on the phone about my experience etc. I was then invited for an interview within two days. The interview was similar in terms of atmosphere and approach: really nice people, normal, transparent conversation - no gimmicky questions, no posturing and no need to big oneself up. I have rarely enjoyed an interview so much and felt that people were genuinely interested. I was interviewed by a senior research director and another guy with whom the holder of this post would be co-managing the team. Again, a very straightforward conversation, usual questions about the skills and experience, attraction of the role etc. Very friendyl and relaxed, but not over the top - just the right balance. I didn't get the job for a valid reason (i.e. lack of technical knowledge) but I regard this as a very good and positive experience. And again, not only did the HR guy get back to me with the outcome when he said he would, but he actually made an effort to call and explain why I didn't get it, which is very rare behaviour once a company and its recruitment department concludes they are not going to offer a job. Top marks all round!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, perhaps just differently formulated strength/weaknesses question. The only thing I'd advise would be to think of a brand you would like to work for, as this might come up. Again, nothing terribly hard to answer, but some people might like to prepare more.   Answer Question

Survey Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Research Now.

Seemed like a informal chat really. The interviewer just wanted to know what I knew, in terms of how much knowledge I had about the role.No second interview. Offered the role on the spot.

Interview Questions