Reserve Bank of India

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Intern Interview

Executive Intern
Chennimalai (India)

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Reserve Bank of India in March 2011.

Interview Details – I attended my RBI Executive Intern Interview at RBI, Bangalore. It was a fantastic experience and I was amazed at the state-of-the-art of the institution. I went to the interview hall at 8.45 AM and interview document checking started around 9.15 AM. A very weak strength, out of 15 called, only 7 were present.
I was fourth member in order and called for interview around 12.45 PM. It was a three member board under the chairmanship of RBI Services Board, Executive Director.

Following Questions were asked in the interview which were mostly analytical in form,
Chairman:
What is the important role do you think RBI holds in Indian Economy?
Ans. Whatever RBI does affects Indian Economy and explained importance of Monetary Policy.

What is monetary policy?
Ans. Managing Financial Stability, Price Stability and Growth

Currently, what concerns RBI in monetary policy management?
Ans. Inflation and Growth

Various tools available with government to control inflation?
Ans. Fiscal Policy, Monetary Policy and Administrative measures. Administrative measures includes open sale of buffer stocks, controlling hoarding and speculation.

What advantages Foreign Investment bring to India?
Ans. Explained about entry of advanced technology into India and gave example of current Multi-brand retail in supply chain technology.

Madam:
What is special feature about my hometown? (Madurai)
Ans. Jasmine and I expressed about the export value of the flower, which is used in scents.

What is the problem currently in the export of Jasmine?
Ans. Lack of cold storage technology

What is special feature about my college town? (Sivakasi)
Ans. Cracker Industry and Printing Industry and expressed concerns about Child Labour in the Industry.

Why Child Labour is found in Cracker Industry?
Ans. Poverty and child labour is used to augment their earnings.

Asked about any Government Acts to control Child labour?
Ans. Said Right to Education Act and it constitutionally mandates a child between 6 to 14 age for education.

Asked any worth is there out of the Act?
Ans. Said it gives constitutional Right for a child to argue with Government for education.

What measures will you take to increase Education in India?
Ans. Financial incentives, strengthening Mid-day meal scheme

Asked about Higher Education in India and measures for strengthening it?

Men: (His questions were mostly analytical and stressful sometimes)
How will you compare your state with something more developed state?
What are the factors affects the development of your state?
Tell something about Current Budget?
Reason for Corruption and measures for controlling it?
Ans. Law enforcing agencies (like CVC, CBI) should be kept out of the executive and constitutional autonomy like CAG.

As a whole, the experience was good and I feel I answered majority of questions to their satisfaction. Hoping positive results from RBI.

Interview Question – Why are you joining RBI after doing engineering, while wasting precious 4 years and opportunity of others?   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship
Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Reserve Bank of India in December 2013.

Interview Details – Selection for interview is career based, need to have more than 80% in your graduation with first class career throughout.

Interview Question – Your views on QE ? And if u speak in support of it , they will say that it is useless and the vice versa.   Answer Question

MANAGER GRADE B Interview

MANAGER GRADE B
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Reserve Bank of India.

Interview Details – The various positions for which RBI need people like you, are regularly advertised in leading newspapers and Employment News/Rojgar Samachar. For all the Class I posts, that is officers, in the RBI, the Reserve Bank of India Services Board (RBISB) conducts examinations /interviews. You'll need to apply to the General Manager, RBISB in the format published in the advertisements along with all your relevant documents.

Interview Question – For most of the posts like Staff Officers Gr.'B' and Research Officers in Gr.'B', you are required to appear for

Objective Test
    Written Test and
    Interview
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you get selected, you get an Offer of Appointment from the RBI's Central Recruitment section. If you agree to the terms in the letter, a few formalities need to be completed which include a medical test, Police Verification Report, Referee Report and Employer's Report.

Assistant Interview

Assistant
Ahmedabad (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Reserve Bank of India in September 2013.

Interview Details – Intro - I am a Finance and Eco Guy. MBA Finance
1. So you like finance?..Yes its my passion right from schooling days.
2. What is CAPM?...They Don't expect formula or definition - Just Brief
3. Efficient Frontier - Risk and Return Chart - Investors choice among available options.
4. Some Sharpe Curve - That I dont know, i admitted
5. Questions to check Weather can speak local language - me being from outside state.
6. Have you applied for Gr B Officer - yes and I missed by 10 marks this time {said you should try again :) good}
7. REPO - Ombudsman - RBI Functions - REPO VS Bank Rate

Year - 2013. In all it took 15 mins, as they were aware about all the details of candidate already, so No Self Introduction or ice breaking thing, Local Newspapers were kept on table, so as to know weather you can read it or not. Beside a world class treatment to justify its Brand Name.
RESULT -GOT SELECTED. :)

Interview Question – Sharpe Curve or Sharpe formula. Actually they started with higher level questions compared to post of assistant, but I performed good. so they were satisfied with my answers. Keep in mind Gestures and Body language is always important.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Actually I got in as Cr Officer in another Bank. And between RBI Assistant and Officer Scale 1 their is 5-6 years of difference. No Doubt it was not that easy decision considering the Brand Name and Treatment to HR, by RBI.

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Lucknow (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Reserve Bank of India in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was a smooth interview focusing mainly on communication skills , domain knowledge and the all imprtant CV.

Interview Question – Different liquidity and solvency ratios of RBI ,values correct till 2nd decimal place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great experience , HR will take care of everything.Just need to nail the interview n report.

Worked for Reserve Bank of India? Contribute to the Community!