Resodyn

5.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Resodyn

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butte, MT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Resodyn.

The interview process started with a phone interview with the owner of the company. Then the owner put me in touch with one of his senior engineers to work on a hypothetical design project. They gave me a week to design a fairly complex system with some rather extreme operating conditions. After I gave them my concept, they asked me to create a presentation for the design and another presentation on a technical topic that I was very familiar with. They flew me out to their headquarters in Butte, Mt to give the presentations and defend my design. It was a fairly grueling day with tough questions, particularly from the owner who seemed to be testing me on how I handled pressure and critic of my design. It was one of the toughest interview processes that I have ever done (and I have done a lot of them), but it was also one of my favorites because it gave me a good sense of the company and what type of work I would be doing. I wish more companies would do interviews like this because it really gives you a chance to showcase your talents.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest questions were when they disagreed with or challenged some of my design assumptions during my presentation.   Answer Question

It was the location. Butte has a lot of cool history but its not for everyone.

Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Resodyn.

First it started with a phone interview. That went well, where I learned more about the company how they work and such. It sounded very interesting, except for one thing. It sounded like there was some cool working going on, plus the added bonus of living in MT. For many that would be bad, but for me, I love the outdoors and then I was very interested in this aspect. The one thing is that I remember was that most of the people were working 60+ hours a week.

The next thing I was requested to do was to put together two presentations. One was how solve a current problem they were facing. The second was to show something technical from my background to demonstrate technical expertise. If they liked what I did on the first one, then I could be granted an in-person interview where I would give the two presentations.

I started spending a lot of time on the first presentation, but then finally reached a point where I felt like I was going to be giving them ideals with nothing in return. I reached a point where it was stupid. If they were asking me to do all that, I could only image what it would be like as a full time employee. I would then never get weekends to enjoy life and felt like I would almost become a serf. I guess if my goal in life was to wake up go to work, work, go to bed, & repeat seven days a week, this would have been a good place to have gone.

RAM Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butte, MT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Resodyn in September 2012.

The interview process required me to give a presentation about my past sales experience and how I intended to sell Resodyn's product. Meetings were with the owner of the company, management, and engineers. Overall, the experience was a good one, and the facilities are amazing. There is certainly room for growth at this company, if they can build lasting value.

The company is run by the owner and founder. He is friendly, and an amazing person. The building is amazing, with plenty of space to grow. In fact, the building and space for employees is better than anywhere else I have ever interviewed or worked. However, from what I gather, there is no leadership being developed, and this is not healthy for the ongoing success of the organization. The owner is known for micromanagement. If proper leadership were developed, the company could grow tremendously. However, I did not see that as likely to happen. I did not receive an offer, but I probably would have declined it even if I had, due to the problems I saw with the organization as a whole. They need to bring someone in to transform the organization if it is to last.