Resolvit Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.8

Account Manager for Resolvit - Cincinnati Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Resolvit.

It seemed easy.
    First interview was a phone interview with office manager.
    Second interview was in person interview with office manager.
    At this point I was asked to take a series of tests
    Then I was asked to fill out out paperwork for background checks
    Third interview was an interview with the entire office team, one on one, and occasionally there was more than one person in the room.

The office manager seemed nice and professional, without a question, very engaged in her job and her career.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of their questions are typical, "tell me two things" "tell me three things" "tell me this" etc types of questions.   Answer Question

Always ask to shadow a person in your current position or when interviewing with people on your prospective team, always ask them questions about culture, work/life balance, real earning potential, what its like to work for their manager/boss . . . frustrations they have and the good parts of the job. It was over the course of my third interview where I got a vibe, from everyone I interviewed with, that seemed to confirm the reviews I had read on this site, and given that I was/am in a good position, I declined to take up any more of their time. I think they are likely a tough but fair company to work for and if you are early in your career and truly hungry, a good position for others. The space they operate in is growing, they seem eager to grow, I bet if you keep your head down and work through the first year or two, its solid, but I bet that first year or two are brutal in every way possible.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Resolvit in November 2012.

I sent my resume to them and they called me back asking minor questions about myself. They basically wanted to find out if my answers were parallel to the client job description. That interview was a breeze, but that interview was only to move forward in submitting my resume to the client. The client interview was the one that mattered 98% as if you didn't pass that ResolvIT would not hire you. This was my first time consulting and wasn't sure what to expect. While you are there be cautious about your end date as that means the end of you.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the interview questions but I do remember it not being anything difficult.   Answer Question

Recruiter Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Resolvit.

First spoke with founder of the organization, then did a personality and math assessment. Then I was in the top four where I had an interview with an account manager and managing director.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions..I was asked about my interviewing process and style and what worked for me in the past to being results.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Resolvit in April 2014.

My alumnus post the openings on our school forum. After several rounds of exchanging emails, a recruiter called me to invite me for an onsite interview. The process lasted for about an hour. Then they just basically ignored me.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Resolvit in November 2012.

A little different because, while I work for Resolvit, I work at a different client company. Resolvit takes a thorough look at your resume and at you. They match you with a company that's a good fit so, when you go to the client office for an interview, you have confidence that you can do the job and are there to sell your personal skills.

Interview Questions
    • After learning the latest and greatest tools of my trade, I had to take an editing test using MS Word. Aside from that, the women I interviewed with we very personable and I felt I got along with them right away.   View Answer
    I was caught off guard by a generous offer and accepted right away.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Resolvit.

Initial interview with Corporate recruiter. She is super sweet and easy to talk to. She helps you to understand the company and culture. Asks a lot about your experience, size, intensity, etc. Second interview is with branch manager & internal team. Branch manager is tough. Asks in depth questions and very intimidating. If you have intelligent questions and answers prepared you should be fine. Sales people are money motivated and know how to close, it's not tricky. Final interview they fly you to another office to meet another team. This is the most stressful but easiest step.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of people think the world is burning right now. How do you view our current economic situation?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Resolvit in July 2012.

From what I can tell, ResolvIT has 2 people working for it in San Jose: a recruiter and an account manager. I met the recruiter in a coffee shop, so I didn't get to see their office. When you look at ResolvIT's website, there may be more jobs posted than are actually open. If possible, ask which ones are "real" before going for an interview. It turned out that the job I applied for was not the one they were interviewing me for, so there was a little mismatch.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to summarize my experience (i.e. my entire resume) in 3 sentences.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Resolvit in December 2011.

They came across my resume online and called me up to get me to apply for a position through them. I came into the office and got the presentation about all the good stuff and what not the company offers only to find out that they were looking to fill a senior level position - very disappointing considering that my resume specifically stated I was looking for something entry level. It became obvious when they gave me a test filled with advanced technical questions which I stared at for 5 minutes and handed back to them blank.

Even after this, they offered me a programming project to work on to prove my ability, which I agreed to take because well, why not. I believe I did a decent job on the project - I submitted a fully functional implementation. After submitting my project, I got absolutely no response back from them.

Overall, I found this place to be a bunch of extremely unprofessional headhunters trying to stuff anyone they can find into whatever position they need to fill. I am very glad they didn't get back to me as I believe that taking the job they were trying to give me would be the equivalent of shooting my career in the foot.

Interview Questions
    • The project involved parsing and validating a csv file.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Resolvit in September 2011.

They were looking for a very specific set of skills.

Consultant Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Resolvit in June 2011.

I found the job on LinkedIn and immediately applied for it. I was contacted before the end of the day with an invitation for an interview. I accepted and we planned a lunch near the Resolvit office for a date when she was in Cincinnati from DC Corporate. After the lunch interview, I was invited into the office to meet the Branch Manager and some other team members. I was there for approximately two hours. I immediately emailed and snail-mailed thank-you notes to everyone I met. I was told that there were some other people in the mix, but I would find out in two days whether or not I was selected to move forward in the interview process. Thursday passed and I didn't hear anything, so I called Friday morning. I received a call a few hours later offering me a second interview. I came in and met some other members of the team and was told that they had narrowed their selection to three candidates. They'd be making a decision and sending two out of town for the third interview at another branch location. I was selected and was flown to DC to interview with the branch office there. I was in DC for only one day, flying in and out the same day. Upon my return, I called the office the next morning letting them know that I'd returned safely, I'd enjoyed the trip and was prepared for the next move in the process. I was asked to come in one more time where I was then offered the job. I asked for the evening to think about it and then accepted the next day!

I later discovered that when they selected their two final candidates (myself and one other person), they sent both of us out of town and offered us both full-time roles with Resolvit in different capacities.

My perception of the team during my three interviews was that everyone was hard-working, devoted and driven. Each team member had the opportunity to meet with me, get a feel for my personality and determine whether or not I'd be a good fit for the team. That gave me confidence that everyone's perspective at Resolvit was valued. The fact that Resolvit invested in sending me to another location also gave me confidence that they were willing to go to great lengths to find the right person for the job.

The Cincinnati office itself was a beautiful space right downtown. It definitely felt classy and professional.

I have two pieces of advice for someone interviewing with Resolvit; my first piece of advice is follow up, follow up, follow up! Be sure to send thank-you emails and notes, call after interviews and be sure to let the interviewer know that you are interested and you want the job. Secondly, absolutely know your goals and be ready to articulate them. Resolvit wants and needs confident, hard-working people who are willing to go the distance to deliver. You will need to illustrate that you are confident, you want to succeed professionally and you have a plan ready to be executed to get there. Be sure to think through your true personal and professional goals before you step into a Resolvit office!

Interview Questions

Worked for Resolvit? Contribute to the Community!