Resource Data Inc

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Resource Data Inc

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Resource Data Inc.

Received call from HR to set up initial interview. Next I participated in three phone interviews (one general HR, one general career goals, one technical). Following these I received an offer, then met at the company headquarters to meet management and complete paperwork. I chose my start date for a few weeks following the on site meeting. There was no formal orientation, just a couple of meetings with HR, management, and then project managers to get work assignments.

Interview Questions
    • Very expected questions from HR and the general career goals. The technical interview was conducted by someone who had less experience than me in the specific field and so it was strange in that regard but nothing outside of the ordinary (explain your experience with xyz programming language, this software, that software).   Answer Question
    The offer was reasonable and I did not negotiate. I believe the company would be very open to negotiations if you felt the need to.

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Resource Data Inc in March 2012.

This was a simple interview. It was all over the phone and was not incredibly in-depth, although the conversation took anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. It was a personable conversation, and I actually asked most of the questions. The answers were very honest and helpful. It seemed as if they already had made their decision about me based off of referrals before we even dove into the interview process.

Interview Questions
    Not at all. The salary was far lower than I expected for living in Anchorage, and they did not seem to think cost of living was an important factor. They were tactful, but insisted that I gain experience before I negotiate (aka the standard one-year performance review). They kept stating strongly that raises after a year will be "substantial".
    My advice? Demand working in Houston. They offer the same salary for an area with a far lower COL. Might as well be a 10k raise, relatively.

GIS Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, KY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Resource Data Inc in February 2010.

Applied online quick responce. Process consisted of two Interviews from different areas. Was offered position a couple of weeks after last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your development of GIS Server technologies.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Resource Data Inc in January 2010.

The hiring process was logistically very simple (all I had to do was email my resume to get a call- no long application process). Interviews were pleasant, and offer came fast. Starting salary offer was below my expectations, but took job for opportunity for growth. Salary led to me leaving.

Interview Questions
    Got a long winded explanation of why the starting salary was so low. Not much room for negotiation. In hind sight I should have played hard ball.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

The process took a dayinterviewed at Resource Data Inc in November 2008.

It was a basic interview going over project history and experiences

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Resource Data Inc in July 2008.

The interview was conducted by a programming manager from Alaska. It lasted about a half an hour. It started with typical questions, such as "Why do you want to work here?" "Tell us about your current job and experience?" He also wanted to know what classes and kinds of projects I worked on during college. He didn't ask many behavioral questions, just the typical "Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?
    " I was asked to give an overview of object oriented design. I was then asked some basic database questions (What is a primary key?). Then I was asked what my favorite programming language was and why.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some projects you worked on during college? (I graduated from college six years ago)   Answer Question