Resource Data Inc

Updated Nov 25, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Resource Data Inc.

Found RDI through craigslist, as well as word of mouth. I sent them an email with my attached resume (we all know that hopeless feeling). I was contacted by their recruiter within three days, maybe less and spoke with her on the phone. Very casual conversation, we discussed schooling, my degree choice, my career path, where I saw myself. I was scheduled for an interview immediately following this phone interview. I met with the head of HR for an interview in his office where more technical aspects of the job and my background were asked, job history, experience with information systems, where I saw myself, what I liked about RDI (Do your homework), what I had heard about RDI. Following this interview I was scheduled for a final interview between the HR head and an analyst. This was the most technical, specific questions of programming styles, database structure, how I would handle specific situations.

Other Interview Reviews for Resource Data Inc

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Resource Data Inc.

Received call from HR to set up initial interview. Next I participated in three phone interviews (one general HR, one general career goals, one technical). Following these I received an offer, then met at the company headquarters to meet management and complete paperwork. I chose my start date for a few weeks following the on site meeting. There was no formal orientation, just a couple of meetings with HR, management, and then project managers to get work assignments.

Interview Questions
    • Very expected questions from HR and the general career goals. The technical interview was conducted by someone who had less experience than me in the specific field and so it was strange in that regard but nothing outside of the ordinary (explain your experience with xyz programming language, this software, that software).   Answer Question
    The offer was reasonable and I did not negotiate. I believe the company would be very open to negotiations if you felt the need to.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Resource Data Inc in July 2008.

The interview was conducted by a programming manager from Alaska. It lasted about a half an hour. It started with typical questions, such as "Why do you want to work here?" "Tell us about your current job and experience?" He also wanted to know what classes and kinds of projects I worked on during college. He didn't ask many behavioral questions, just the typical "Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?
    " I was asked to give an overview of object oriented design. I was then asked some basic database questions (What is a primary key?). Then I was asked what my favorite programming language was and why.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some projects you worked on during college? (I graduated from college six years ago)   Answer Question