1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Resources For Human Development (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2010.

Let it be known.. I interviewed with RHD in Philly many times. Spiffy Cover Letters are required to get in the door. The first time was in 2009 for a Document Clerk type position, and in 2010, I interviewed for an Accounting Clerk and an Accounts Payable position. All three times I was invited to come back for a second interview, and it they were all humongous wastes of time. I have mixed feelings towards the interview process. For starters, everything that RHD portrays itself to be (a company of values, friendly, accessible, approachable, cooperative) goes out of the window once you walk past the fountains in the lobby, street sign poles posted on the floors, lemonade stands, beautiful decor and into the interviewing rooms. It's like you're walking through Disneyland in the afternoon, and then in the next moment, you're in the heart of Camden, NJ. At night. In a tutu. I'm not going to lie. The interviews are difficult. Not difficult in the sense of being full of questions that are hard to answer because you dont know how to relate, but difficult in the sense of "what does this question have to do with what I'll be doing?!" I dont have the patience for that, so I bombed, even though I gave a pretty good interview. Expect lots of unrelated job questions from a group of three people. During interviews, I like to get to the point -- what do you need done, and let me explain how my experiences in the past demonstrate how I'd knock that responsibility out of the park. That didn't happen here.

Interview Questions