Resources For Human Development

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Resources For Human Development in May 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a panel of 4. The head of the department began the interview by giving me an overview of the job and the company. Then they all took terms asking questions, most applied to my past work and how would I handle myself under pressure and time restrictions. None of the questions were difficult to answer. All in all they ask you very entry level graphic design questions. They only have one graphic designer within the company, so she was the only one who asked design based questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at Resources For Human Development

Interview Details – Simple process

Interview Question – Are you comfortable working with persons with disabilites?   Answer Question

Administrative Position In Philadelphia, PA Interview

Administrative Position In Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Resources For Human Development.

Interview Details – I applied for a position online and was contacted almost immediately to schedule an interview. I ended up going for 2 interviews, and I met with a panel of 3-4 people each time. Other than the usual interview jitters, I felt pretty comfortable. They assured me that they wanted to fill the position as soon as possible; however, after my 2nd interview I never heard from them again. No phone call, no email, no response to my thank you note or my follow up email a few weeks later. It seemed a little disorganized when I went in, but after this experience it just leaves the impression of a work environment lacking professionalism and even just common courtesy. Very disappointing, since I was initially very excited about the position.

Interview Question – Questions were really all over the place, and ranged from questions about my clinical/theoretical orientation, to how I would handle certain scenarios, to questions about my employment choices and work trajectory. Everyone was very polite, but gave me no indication as to whether they agreed with my approach/responses or not.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Development Manager Interview

Development Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Resources For Human Development.

Interview Details – Fairly smooth application process, but the job description and how the position fit into the organization was unclear.The person who would be overseeing the position, and the executive director, did not seem to understand the mechanisms and processes of fundraising, and they seemed to lack the energy they touted the organization as having. Overall, the organization's administrative offices seemed like a good place to work, with attractive offices, lots of people and activity, and friendly faces.

Interview Question – The interview panel was more concerned about my fitting into their "vallues" than they were my expertise or experience.   Answer Question

Recovery Coach/Lower Merion Counseling Services Interview

Recovery Coach/Lower Merion Counseling Services
Bryn Mawr, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Resources For Human Development in July 2012.

Interview Details – The two ladies who interviewed me are not there any more and that is a great thing (at least for the one).

Interview Question – I do not know if there was one. The one was a HORRIBLE interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. Salary was set!

IT Support Manager Interview

IT Support Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Resources For Human Development in April 2010.

Interview Details – it was effiicient. email from hiring manager, interview with hiring manager, then group interview with hiring manager, a couple of staff

Interview Question – there really wasn't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there really wasn't any. i was offered a lower salary than i desired. i asked if there could be some redress after 6 months but i was laid off after 6 months

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Resources For Human Development.

Interview Details – Initial interview was conducted by teaching artist staff and not by the director. A participant in the program was brought in the interview room to ask questions (I assume this was a way for the staff to see how well you engage this specific population).

Final questions and new hire forms were given out by senior director at the end of application process.

Interview Question – None. Please refer to health care component of program.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. Finances are in flux until the end of the fiscal year. New budget and "potential" for salary increase is in question.

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Resources For Human Development.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to a friend of a friend at RHD headquarters. The Unit Director called me (loved my resume & experience) and set up the interview. I had one interview and received an offer one month later.

Interview Question – The interview was awkward because the Director was out - the person asked me some 'illegal' questions. I handled it gracefully, and changed the subject.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because I was filling in for somebody and that seemed to be set in stone because of the other person's salary.

Job Developer Interview

Job Developer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Resources For Human Development.

Interview Details – Meet with three people, required a strong male presence.

Interview Question – Would I have a problem working with ex-ofenders.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job was a hourly position which did not leave room for salary negotitions.

Director Interview

Director
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Resources For Human Development in February 2012.

Interview Details – About a few weeks after applying for the position, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked if I would be interested to meet in person the next week. I met with a four person panel and interviewed for an hour.

They were very nice and I did not feel pressured, attacked, or insulted. A few hours after the interview, I sent a thank you note to the hiring manager. It is two days after the interview and I have not received a reply or a call. I would give a few more days and then will move on.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Resources For Human Development? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Resources For Human Development interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Resources For Human Development employees and interview candidates.