Resources For Human Development

Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.5

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Resources For Human Development in May 2014.

I interviewed with a panel of 4. The head of the department began the interview by giving me an overview of the job and the company. Then they all took terms asking questions, most applied to my past work and how would I handle myself under pressure and time restrictions. None of the questions were difficult to answer. All in all they ask you very entry level graphic design questions. They only have one graphic designer within the company, so she was the only one who asked design based questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Simple process

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working with persons with disabilites?   Answer Question

Administrative Position In Philadelphia, PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Resources For Human Development.

I applied for a position online and was contacted almost immediately to schedule an interview. I ended up going for 2 interviews, and I met with a panel of 3-4 people each time. Other than the usual interview jitters, I felt pretty comfortable. They assured me that they wanted to fill the position as soon as possible; however, after my 2nd interview I never heard from them again. No phone call, no email, no response to my thank you note or my follow up email a few weeks later. It seemed a little disorganized when I went in, but after this experience it just leaves the impression of a work environment lacking professionalism and even just common courtesy. Very disappointing, since I was initially very excited about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were really all over the place, and ranged from questions about my clinical/theoretical orientation, to how I would handle certain scenarios, to questions about my employment choices and work trajectory. Everyone was very polite, but gave me no indication as to whether they agreed with my approach/responses or not.   View Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Resources For Human Development.

Fairly smooth application process, but the job description and how the position fit into the organization was unclear.The person who would be overseeing the position, and the executive director, did not seem to understand the mechanisms and processes of fundraising, and they seemed to lack the energy they touted the organization as having. Overall, the organization's administrative offices seemed like a good place to work, with attractive offices, lots of people and activity, and friendly faces.

Interview Questions
    • The interview panel was more concerned about my fitting into their "vallues" than they were my expertise or experience.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Resources For Human Development.

Initial interview was conducted by teaching artist staff and not by the director. A participant in the program was brought in the interview room to ask questions (I assume this was a way for the staff to see how well you engage this specific population).

Final questions and new hire forms were given out by senior director at the end of application process.

Interview Questions
    • None. Please refer to health care component of program.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable. Finances are in flux until the end of the fiscal year. New budget and "potential" for salary increase is in question.

Case Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Resources For Human Development.

I submitted my resume to a friend of a friend at RHD headquarters. The Unit Director called me (loved my resume & experience) and set up the interview. I had one interview and received an offer one month later.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was awkward because the Director was out - the person asked me some 'illegal' questions. I handled it gracefully, and changed the subject.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation because I was filling in for somebody and that seemed to be set in stone because of the other person's salary.

Accounts Payable Vendor Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Resources For Human Development in April 2013.

I was referred by a former co-worker and current employee of RHD, Inc. I completed the Application electronically and was offered an interview. The initial interview included the immediate hiring Manager and his Supervisor. I invited for a second interview which included the immediate hiring Manager and two (2) current employees from the Unit.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work in an open environment (no cubicles, just an open warehouse with desks everywhere) and not be distracted?   View Answer

Job Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Resources For Human Development.

Meet with three people, required a strong male presence.

Interview Questions
    The job was a hourly position which did not leave room for salary negotitions.

Recovery Coach/Lower Merion Counseling Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Resources For Human Development in July 2012.

The two ladies who interviewed me are not there any more and that is a great thing (at least for the one).

Interview Questions
    • I do not know if there was one. The one was a HORRIBLE interviewer.   Answer Question
    There was none. Salary was set!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Resources For Human Development in February 2012.

About a few weeks after applying for the position, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked if I would be interested to meet in person the next week. I met with a four person panel and interviewed for an hour.

They were very nice and I did not feel pressured, attacked, or insulted. A few hours after the interview, I sent a thank you note to the hiring manager. It is two days after the interview and I have not received a reply or a call. I would give a few more days and then will move on.