Responsys Associate Campaign Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Responsys in June 2013.

I scheduled an interview for a Campaign Specialist after speaking with a recruiter and a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. It took 3 days for the hiring manager to respond with the details of the interview, the mandatory job application form, and the Vol Self-I-I form. The first thing I noticed was that the interview and job application was for an Associate Campaign Specialist Position. I was contacted by their recruiter and hiring manager for the Campaign Specialist position, so I figured that this was a typo. A week later (one day before my interview), I received a phone call and an email asking to reschedule the interview for an hour later. I obliged, and met them the following day.

I arrived a few minutes early. The location was easy to find, however I recommend getting there a little early to find parking and get "buzzed in." Once I arrived, the receptionist was very accommodating and graciously asked if I would like some water. I waited 5-10 minutes until the hiring manager was ready. The interview was 2 hours with 5 different people (one of them was working from home, so I spoke with her over the phone). All employees seemed well-prepared with several interview questions. They tested my knowledge of HTML by asking me to write an HTML table on their whiteboard. At the end, the hiring manager informed me that he would be in touch with a SQL test if we moved forward. He told me to contact him if I didn't hear back, as he was very busy but would like to follow-up with me (regardless of the outcome). I sent him a "thank you" email that day, and did not hear back... but I attributed this to the shortened holiday work week. I sent him one additional email to follow up, however I also did not hear back.

Interview Questions
  • All interviewers (except the hiring manager and recruiter) expressed that this position heavily involved SQL. At one point, I was handed a small SQL test with a pen and paper. He informed me that it "didn't matter" if I got the answers wrong, because they could train me in SQL. Based on the emphasis of SQL by his other team members, I would say that it was actually a very important skill for this position.   View Answer
  • The hiring manager used car mechanics in a couple of his questions. I know nothing about cars, and was unable to use or understand these metaphors.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Responsys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Responsys in August 2012.

Tips on what to wear:
    I dressed for the interview in business casual (Dress shirt tucked in, slacks and leather shoes and belt)

# of interviews / evaluations:
    Total of 4 steps - 1 phone screen with the recruiter, 1 phone screen with the hiring manager, 1 in person interview in which I spoke with 4 people separately, 2 separate tests (one test was for SQL and the other for QA)

What to expect:
    You should expect standard interview questions which are aimed at evaluating technical aptitude, skills, talent, knowledge, attitude and personality. During the in person interview I was asked to demonstrate both SQL and HTML in on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a mistake or an error you have made on the job?   View Answer
    The hiring manager called to offer me the position and offered me below my minimum ask and then asked for my decision. I didn't negotiate but I should have. At the time I was more concerned with the experience and additional experience. I was also inexperienced and not too knowledgeable in salary negotiations at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Responsys in May 2010.

They invited a group of people up for an open house where we had the chance to meet the various executives as well as employees who had been in the role. About four days after the open house they let me know by email that they would like to schedule an interview. The interview involved 5 half-hour interviews with different employees and executives. They seemed to be simultaneously interviewing a few other candidates as well, so it was a rotating carousel of interviewers (there were multiple openings). Luck of the draw gave me a favorable progression of interviewers.

The most advantageous thing I did in order to prepare for the interview was read the white papers that they had posted on their website, and this seemed to impress my interviewers as well as giving me the ability to better answer their questions.

I was extended a verbal offer within a week of the interview and received the formal written offer within two days of that. I was given less than 5 business days to accept or decline the offer. I enjoyed the interview process and very much liked the company and people I met. It seemed like a fun workplace and the people seem to strike a good life-work balance, I overheard them talking about happy hour after work, etc.

Interview Questions

The total compensation package was not quite what I expected, although the benefits package was very nice and comprehensive. I inquired about increased compensation and after several days they told me they could not move at all and I declined as it was not adequate to suit my needs, and had temporary employment which paid more.