Responsys Copywriter Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Responsys in May 2013.

I applied in early April 2013, in response to one of this company's innumerable LinkedIn ads for a Copywriter. Some time later, I began to receive emails from the Seattle office's Copy Director urging me to connect with him on LI. I did, yet he never followed up on the most basic inquiries, such as "How may I help you?"

In May, he wanted to do a telephone interview. We spoke for about 12 minutes, and the end of our short conversation revealed that he had neither seen my resume nor glanced at my portfolio. So why did he want to have an interview? I described my past achievements, and what I hope to do in the future, and he said to me, "What I have here is a junior position. You're clearly way beyond that. Later on, I'll have some senior positions opening up." And sure enough, there's since been a deluge of CW posts for this company on LinkedIn; however, the job ads are all written the exact same way, i.e. one cannot discern whether they are junior or senior, as there is no differentiation in the requirements, etc. After emailing a thank you to the CD (along with copies of the CV and portfolio that he had not seen), I also sent a few simple follow-up questions, because my enthusiasm for the company's work was fairly high. Among these, I asked, "How junior is junior?" I was gung-ho to leap forward, not wait on the shelf for a higher-paying job. And yet not a single one of my questions was responded to -- at all. I never heard from the ill-prepared interviewer ever again.

Interview Questions

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!