Responsys Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Responsys in March 2012.

Spoke with a friend at Responsys who submitted my CV to their HR department. About a week later, a recruiter arranged a phone interview with me to speak about the position. The interesting bit was there was no mention of my friend being the referrer. A few days later, I had another phone interview, but this time with the VP of client services, which went well.

About a week later, they provided a detailed interview schedule and I scheduled a day off to plan around this. However, they decided to reschedule at the last minute without explanation and I was unable to get a hold of the interviewers for about 2 weeks. Eventually I was able to get a hold of the VP, who scheduled an interview for the following week. He did not mention why the interview schedule was changed other than vague mentions of a meeting.

When I went to the interview, everything went well for the first 20 minutes before learning I was recently laid off from my current position. Afterwards, he kept looking at my CV and kept saying that I had relevant experience but he has a "large pool of candidates from Epsilon and edialog" who are a better fit. He kept holding my CV and kept mentioning this for sometime before ending the interview at around 30 minutes into it.

The VP then escorted me out the door claiming he will send my CV to his clients for work in an extremely patronising tone (he never did). I spoke to my friend afterwards, who apologised for how Client Services handled the interview, and it gave me a poor impression of this company. I am happy that they are receiving huge cash injections from their IPO but I never expected this success to get to their company culture in a way that would make them incredibly arrogant such as that VP.

Interview Questions

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!