Responsys Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Responsys.

Interview

Clearly communicated what they were looking for, seemed like they were looking for a culture fit as well as someone with the right skill set. Met with multiple team mates and had multiple calls as well. Overall the process was pretty much as expected, no google type brain teaser questions but they did as for examples on specific skill sets and scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be clear about your expectations from the very first interview with the recruiter!

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed for Staff software position. Mostly talk about distributed system architecture and scalability related issues. There were some coding question which was fairly easy. Also some relational database design questions including data model of many to many relations.

Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Responsys (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First step was a 10 minute phone screening. Questions asked were pretty general about my educational/relevant experience background and future goals. After passing the screen, I was invited to the office for the interview portion. This was two hours long, broken into two 1-hour sessions. Each hour I was interviewed by four current employees ranging from Program Mangers to Senior Campaign Specialists to Campaign Services Managers. Questions varied from technical questions to personal questions. There was also a test taken on the spot of HTML skills. After passing this step I was contacted and given two more tests to take on my own time, where a "QA" test was given to explore my attention to detail. There was also a 10 question SQL quiz.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Responsys.

Interview

Phone interviews with a recruiter, the person that would by my manager, and a few people from the product team - it was clear they were speaking with me to see if I really understood the products within the industry. After that, was asked to go in for in-person interview, which consisted of about a 4 hour block of time and meeting with about 6 people. One person wasn't able to make it, so I was asked to come back another day to meet with them.

Interview Questions

• Most people wanted to know what I knew and thought about Responsys' products and other products in the industry.   1 Answer

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Responsys (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

The communication was very bad.Recruiters dont answer your calls nor do they followup with you about the progress on an interview.Very irresponsible.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Responsys (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

They are pretty good about the whole interviewing process. I had 2 phone interviews after a recruiter contacted me: 1) Team Lead. 2) Director. Then got called into onsite interview. It was a good 5 hour interview with various aspects ranging from: SQL basics to Hadoop/BIG data to Shell scripting. I would say the interview was a very detailed one ranging from basic questions to technically detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected. If you are preparing for this interview as many people have said before me, brush up your basics from careercup for positions for programmers and data modelling and industry standard SQL/PLSQL terminologies.   Answer Question

AP Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Responsys (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward, interview based on job experiences and situational events. Spoke with the recruiter about contract position and in a day or so I was asked for an on site interview. I was interviewed by AP Manager, Accounting Manager, and AP specialist. Took about an hour. Discussed mostly job responsibilities. Same day an offer was given.

Copywriter, Full-time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Responsys (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Three month process! I applied in late November 2013 to a LinkedIn (LI) posting (around 89 applicants for this posting) and received a response (exactly one month later) via email from a Creative Consultant (CC) in NY wanting a 15 minute phone interview. I emailed back that day accepting a phone interview - the CC emailed Friday wanting a Monday phone interview. Two hours before the call was to take place the CC emailed me to cancel and that we would have to reschedule. I emailed back saying I understood and to let me know a better day and time to chat. I did not hear back and so, enthusiastic about the company and the job, I emailed the CC exactly one week later (the next Monday) to just "touch base" to see if we could reschedule a phone interview. I received an email back a week and two days later (on a Wednesday). The CC wanted to schedule the phone interview for Friday and I agreed. By this time it was early January 2014. The phone interview went very well. My experience, requested salary, and job expectations meet all of their requests. As I do with all phone screenings, I emailed that Monday to thank the CC and heard back within minutes that the Creative Director (CD) in Seattle wanted to meet with me that week. We scheduled an hour and a half in-person interview for that Wednesday. I was there nearly two and half hours. I met with five employees (the CD, two Art Directors, and two Copywriters). With the exception of the CD (who complained that his/her entire year employment had been spent hiring staff and not actually being a CD at all), they were all friendly and seemed happy to be there. The interview went very well. The CD informed me that my personality meshed well with each of them and my Copywriting background was in alignment with their job requirements. As I left the interview the CD told me that this was an immediate need, and that I looked promising, but that he/she was going to be out of town for the next week and half. Which honestly should have red flagged me. When I got home I sent a group email to all thank them for their time. I heard nothing back. I waited two weeks, emailed the CC (in NY) and the CD (in Seattle) and heard nothing. I waited another week (now in the last week of January 2014) and emailed the CC to find out if I was still being considered for the job or if the job was even still open. The CC emailed me back immediately saying that he/she was still waiting to hear word from the CD in Seattle and that they would know something by the week's end. I never heard back and eventually stopped emailing - I just had to assume that I didn't make the short list. A month later I saw the exact same Copywriter job description reposted to LI (this time there were 108 applicants).

Interview Questions

• No hard questions at all. In fact, I had both Copywriters that interviewed me to be surprise at all the questions I had for them i.e., company culture, work load, software capabilities, team structure etc. They seemed a "thrown" to say the least.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Responsys (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

I received an email from an HR Manager within days of submitting a resume to a position. Due to a holiday weekend it was not until the next week, on a Wednesday, we were able to have a 15 minute conversation. It was a short and laid back conversation. She just wanted some more details on my current position and why I was looking elsewhere. I heard back from her the next evening and she was asking if I could do a 30 minute phone interview the next day (Friday). It was last minute but they were able to work around my schedule. That conversation was an easy going one and I always felt they were truly interested in learning about me, my experience, and what I want in a company. On Sunday I got a call, kind of late at night (8:30 pm) asking if there was any way I could go to the Seattle office for an interview on Monday. I was able to get off work at a decent time and went in to the office. I met with 3 other people there, I think they were all Directors of Customer Success or Senior Program Managers. Even though I felt really unprepared since it had occurred so fast I felt comfortable and welcome. They were really easy to talk to and explained the job well and the company culture. They focused a lot on what I want in a company and why I was leaving my current place. They were very nice people and full of energy. The interview was about 40 minutes and then I got a tour of the entire office. I felt very welcome the entire time. I was contacted the next day and asked to have another phone interview on Wednesday. Again, it was a laid back conversation and felt at ease and able to ask any questions I had. I got an offer Thursday, and accepted Sunday night. I actually had a lot of questions, and I talked to a Director or VP (someone pretty high up) and they answered lots of questions and made me feel "wanted". That piece really made me feel like this was a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• If a client campaign launched with errors, such as an empty email, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Responsys (San Bruno, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Got callback from internal recruiter quickly (positive). Interview with hiring manager (WLee) was horrible. 1st question is how I was referred. Technical questions so granular was useless to determine solid DBA skills. Question was for OCP-level exam. Sees to be a micro-manager personality type (blessing in disguise not getting position).

Interview Questions

• Name of file in /etc that determines..you get the point.   1 Answer