Responsys Market Development Representative Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Responsys in December 2011.

I came across the Responsys site via LinkedIn and applied for the Market Development Position. I was initially intrigued by the company's growth, the apparent quality of its leaders, and the opportunity to move to San Francisco.
My process began with a telephone interview and exchange of emails with a Sales Director where we briefly discussed my professional experience and background, and where I was provided with an overview of Responsys.
I was contacted for an in person interview shortly after and was given the opportunity to meet with several members of the sales team. I enjoyed this process as the members had varying questions, backgrounds, and also provided me with different views of the company and advice.
The impression I received from the interview was that Responsys took the interviewing process seriously, deploying a lot of resources towards the interview in their search for a good match. While a relatively informal experience, the interview questions tapped into not only my past work experience, but also my ambitions for future career development and my passions outside of work.
I ultimately received an offer within two weeks time.

Other Interview Reviews for Responsys

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Responsys in January 2012.

I had a great experience applying to Responsys. Not only did I end up with the position, but the process itself was painless.

I first heard about the open position on a Monday. I was told I had an interview that same Friday. I completed a short project on Saturday. I had another interview the following Tuesday, and I was hired on the spot. From start to finish the process took 8 days, with 4 days between the first interview and a job offer (2 business days)! Nothing was dragged out, and there was no BS.

For the first round I was only supposed to be interviewed by one person. It turned into 3, which was a good sign. The interviews were conversational and revolved around my resume and my knowledge of Responsys. Though they were conversational, I wouldn't describe them as casual. You have to be a driven individual who has done your homework on both Responsys and the industry.

The second round consisted of 5 interviews. These were oriented in the same conversational manner as the first three. In both rounds I was struck by how excited each of my interviewers was about their job, and the company. I found that everyone I spoke to was very personable and easy to engage with. Again, that is not to say it was a relaxed environment. The interviewers are looking for confident, energetic, team-oriented candidates who are serious about their careers.

Interview Questions

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!