Responsys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Development Representative Interview

Market Development Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Responsys in December 2011.

Interview Details – I came across the Responsys site via LinkedIn and applied for the Market Development Position. I was initially intrigued by the company's growth, the apparent quality of its leaders, and the opportunity to move to San Francisco.
My process began with a telephone interview and exchange of emails with a Sales Director where we briefly discussed my professional experience and background, and where I was provided with an overview of Responsys.
I was contacted for an in person interview shortly after and was given the opportunity to meet with several members of the sales team. I enjoyed this process as the members had varying questions, backgrounds, and also provided me with different views of the company and advice.
The impression I received from the interview was that Responsys took the interviewing process seriously, deploying a lot of resources towards the interview in their search for a good match. While a relatively informal experience, the interview questions tapped into not only my past work experience, but also my ambitions for future career development and my passions outside of work.
I ultimately received an offer within two weeks time.

Market Development Representative Interview

Market Development Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Responsys in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had a great experience applying to Responsys. Not only did I end up with the position, but the process itself was painless.

I first heard about the open position on a Monday. I was told I had an interview that same Friday. I completed a short project on Saturday. I had another interview the following Tuesday, and I was hired on the spot. From start to finish the process took 8 days, with 4 days between the first interview and a job offer (2 business days)! Nothing was dragged out, and there was no BS.

For the first round I was only supposed to be interviewed by one person. It turned into 3, which was a good sign. The interviews were conversational and revolved around my resume and my knowledge of Responsys. Though they were conversational, I wouldn't describe them as casual. You have to be a driven individual who has done your homework on both Responsys and the industry.

The second round consisted of 5 interviews. These were oriented in the same conversational manner as the first three. In both rounds I was struck by how excited each of my interviewers was about their job, and the company. I found that everyone I spoke to was very personable and easy to engage with. Again, that is not to say it was a relaxed environment. The interviewers are looking for confident, energetic, team-oriented candidates who are serious about their careers.

Interview Question – How does Responsys software benefit marketers?   Answer Question

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!