Responsys

Responsys Principal Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Responsys in June 2011.

The recruiter called me and asked if I would be interested. We decided on a time for face to face interview. Initially the recruiter spoke about the company for about 15 mins and then a technical person came for a round of discussion.

And this is where the problem started - he asked me to give an intro about myself. While I was speaking about my experience, he was busy tapping his laptop - Im sure he did not hear most of what I said. After this, he started talking about how great their product is, how complex it is and asked me about 5 times if I thought I was a good fit.

I got the feeling that he was desperately trying to project that I was not a good fit. If they are so specific about skill set, they should either be very precise in the Job Description document or have a telephonic discussion to decide alignment.

Overall, the whole experience was very unprofessional and being a senior professional, I felt insulted. If this is the kind of interaction they have with candidates, it leaves a lot of room for improvement.

I would strongly suggest candidates to push for telephonic round before going for a face to face discussion.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think your are suited for this position (it was not really a question - it was the interviewer thinking out loud)   Answer Question