Restaurant Associates

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Restaurant Associates

Butler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Restaurant Associates.

I was told about this job opportunity from a friend. A group of about 20 people were being interviewed on this day; though, the interviews were held individually. It was a very pleasant interview, spoke about past jobs, why I wanted to work here and my availability. I filled my taxing forms at the interview and was contacted about training soon after. An official from the New York branch came to train the new employees, it was only a few hours long and taught proper place settings, how to serve, and how to handle different situations.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my past serving experience. I did not have any experience before this job so I simply used aspects of past jobs that could relate to serving and customer service.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

I was contacted by the cafe manager three weeks after my resume was submitted. We scheduled an interview for that week. During the interview he was very open about the position and the company. He even took the time out to give me a tour. He later told me that I'd have to meet with the Director for an second interview. A week went by before I heard back from them about the second interview. The Director decided she didn't need to meet with me and that I would start in two weeks.

Receptionist/Conference Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Restaurant Associates in February 2014.

I went to two formal interviews, one with the regional manager Restaurant Associates, the second was with the supervising contact between our company and the one which I was hired to serve. The second interview was followed by a background check, credit check, and drug test. It took several months to complete the hiring process and actually start, but I felt it was worth it.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe that I was asked anything difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    It ws fairly simple, once the background process was completed.

General Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Restaurant Associates in December 2009.

Tedious and showed no direct connection to the process involved and the performance that an individual may demonstrate