Restaurant.com Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Updated Jul 16, 2014

2.7

Marketing Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Restaurant.com.

Had an opportunity to come in and see the culture of the place and sit down directly with people that I would be working directly with. They were a very welcoming group and were more than happy to try and give a good impression of what working there would be like. It was nice to feel welcome during an interview process and not glared at in the sense of being threatening or awkward.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was a quick thought of the culture of the place after having just walked through and why in my estimation my personality would fit in this culture.   Answer Question
    Was for an internship, so there was zero negotiation

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Restaurant.com in April 2012.

The hiring and interview process, was stressful. They do a great job at grilling you, asking your typical interview questions, about your experience, your success in previous positions, your background etc., and then they make you write and email about why they should pick you. I think they do a great job on making sure they choose the right candidates for the inside sales team.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you turned a negative situation into a positive one?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Restaurant.com in January 2013.

The director interviewed me, and said he can afford to only hire "rock stars." Basic questions were asked, "what motivates you, describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer, etc"

Base pay is same for everyone, benefits are same as well.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Restaurant.com.

As long as you don't have any typos on your resume and dress appropriately, they will hire you. If they hire you and you don't do a good job, it will take them awhile to fire you

there was no negotiation

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Restaurant.com in August 2012.

Applied on CareerBuilder and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I then interviewed in the office with the sales managers. The entire team was very informative and solidified my decision to work at Restaurant.com.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy. Asked a lot about hitting previous quotas and overcoming objectives. Standard stuff.   Answer Question
    The inside sales exec position has a set pay rate so I could not negotiate.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Totally disorganized company. Very poor communications with candidates. Unimpressed with their management team as that is who is leading the searches. Waste of time. Explains their lack of success and poor representation in the marketplace.

Interview Questions

Style of management not a good sign for future role.

Restaurant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Restaurant.com in April 2009.

I was approached by the internal Restaurant.com recruiter who had found my resume online. From their they described what the position was about and what the potential income could be. After the initial phone interview I had a 2nd phone interview with the VP of the West Region for Restaurant.com. He asked me a series of questions about what my expectations were, why I wanted to work for the company, and where I saw myself with the company in the future. After the 2nd phone interview I received word that I was being invited to a one on one interview with the Regional Sales Manager for my territory. I met with her in the lobby of a downtown hotel and she asked me a series of tough questions about what I would do to secure a certain number of signups in a month, etc. After that I was asked to take a personality test, and have my referrals called on. After 2 weeks of phone and in person interviews I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if a restaurant owner refused to meet with you because he just doesn't do any sort of discounting at his restaurant? How would you secure the appointment?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my base salary with the VP of teh Region and he was impressed that I even asked because most reps he had offered positions to had never tried. I negotiated my base on what I thought I deserved from my experience and where I knew my potential would take me with the company. Negotiate and offer and be confident about it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Restaurant.com in February 2010.

Saw ad on craigslist, responded to ad. Received a phone call and 'phone interview,' then asked to come in for an interview the same day. Sat with a recruiter for about 20 minutes answering questions about myself, what I was looking for, told how the company was started, etc. Then I sat with one of the reps for about an hour to get a feel for what the job was. After that, I met with the department manager who asked me what my overall impression of the office was. He told me they would be in touch.

Interview Questions
    It took about 3 weeks after I was offered the position for them to give me training information and an offer letter. Phone calls and emails were basically ignored.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Restaurant.com in May 2010.

I applied online on Monster or LinkedIn, 2 or 3 months later out of the blue they called me. I had to do 1 phone interview with the HR rep, then another phone interview with a strategy analyst there, after that I was called in for a full interview in which I met the previous strategy analyst that I had talked with on the phone with and then I met a technology manager. After that I was called back again to meet another manager, and had to take a 1 1/2 hour Excel skills test. So if you are keeping track, that is 5 interviews and a skills test. Best part was that the pay for this position was a little over 30k. After my final interview and skills test, I did not hear anything back until almost 1 month after even though I tried calling after 2 weeks and got no response.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a full out business case analyzing their company's business model.   Answer Question
    • Was a iphone app a good idea. Pros and Cons.   Answer Question

Restaurant Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Restaurant.com.

two interviews, one in person with VP and one over the phone with RM

Worked for Restaurant.com? Contribute to the Community!