Restoration Hardware

Relevance Date Difficulty

(Senior) Visual Merchandising Leader Interview

(Senior) Visual Merchandising Leader
Corte Madera, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Restoration Hardware in April 2014.

Interview Details – Preliminary phone interview with Senior Recruiter. After about a month, I received an email from HR inquiring if I was still interested. As I was, they scheduled a day of interviews for the following week.

The interview process took a total of four hours with back-to-back interviews:
One phone interview (cancelled after I arrived)
One 1:1
One group (five member panel)
One group (three member panel)
One 1:1 (cancelled)

The people that I met were pleasant and easy going. The questions were, on average, expected. Be prepared to be flexible as the corporate environment is fast paced. Like other interview reviews, expect a question(s) regarding the core values (elaborate on the one with which you identify).

Interview Question – What is your definition of the word "creative"?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations
Corte Madera, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Restoration Hardware.

Interview Details – I read the reviews before the interview process and my experience was similar. It was a revolving door in the department I was sent to--people left the day before, people leaving the same week I came, and I was let go in a strange fashion. I was told I would be coming back to work in a completely different department, and even was introduced to the new department but with no follow up.

I believe they're in an HR nightmare. For some reason, they're not using their own HR people and fairly new employees (about a year) are controlling the revolving door.

Interview Question – Most difficult situation was awareness of employees' fear of being let go and the awkwardness while sitting in the same room with their nervous behavior. Also, the desire for the lead to keep everyone hush-hush seemed a bit odd.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got paid a bit more for the extra experience I had.

Inventory Planner Interview

Inventory Planner
Corte Madera, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Restoration Hardware in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter through Linkedin and had a phone screening that lasted for about 30 minutes. After the phone screening, the recruiter scheduled the interview for later in the week. I met with 2 different people for 30 minutes each. Within 2 working days, RH turned over an offer. It was the smoothest interview process I've gone through.

Interview Question – What would your boss say about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for an additional 10% and within 48 hours, they matched it.

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Corte Madera, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Restoration Hardware in November 2011.

Interview Details – Good quesitons. Lots of passion for what they do.

Interview Question – What make you leave your last position   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Corte Madera, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Restoration Hardware in January 2009.

Interview Details – My initial phone interview was with HR. I then had and interview with HR in person. Next was an interview with the Director of Product Development and Director of my department. I had to come in a final time.

Interview Question – Why are you interviewing for a Product manager position, when your past jobs were as designers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my salary, based on the number they were offering was lower than my last offer. I was able to get a higher salary, and agreement as to when we could renegotiate job title and salary. I also negotiated an extra week of vacation.

HQ Ops Interview

HQ Ops
Corte Madera, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Restoration Hardware in April 2011.

Interview Details – It is frustrating when you interview for a position all the way into the final round and they don't end up filling the position. That coupled with of positive feedback of your background, experience, personality. Took them weeks to get back.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to deal with difficult personalities and you had overcame them.   Answer Question

Worked for Restoration Hardware? Contribute to the Community!