Restoration Hardware Interview Questions in Corte Madera, CA

Updated May 22, 2015

2.2

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA).

Interview

Interview was fine, I felt like they sugar coated the role and company. I felt like they were in dire need of a candidate. Was contacted by HR for phone interview, then met with the hiring manager with panel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I asked for a higher salary but they did not agree. That was a mistake on my part, I should have not taken it.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA).

Interview

-The interview questions were cliche ones. So don't sweat about it. You can tell they were just asking questions on the list because they had to file it with HR.

Interview Questions

• -Describe your biggest failure.
      -How did you cope with it.

Answer Question

(Senior) Visual Merchandising Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with Senior Recruiter. After about a month, I received an email from HR inquiring if I was still interested. As I was, they scheduled a day of interviews for the following week.

The interview process took a total of four hours with back-to-back interviews:
    One phone interview (cancelled after I arrived)
    One 1:1
    One group (five member panel)
    One group (three member panel)
    One 1:1 (cancelled)

The people that I met were pleasant and easy going. The questions were, on average, expected. Be prepared to be flexible as the corporate environment is fast paced. Like other interview reviews, expect a question(s) regarding the core values (elaborate on the one with which you identify).

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA).

Interview

I read the reviews before the interview process and my experience was similar. It was a revolving door in the department I was sent to--people left the day before, people leaving the same week I came, and I was let go in a strange fashion. I was told I would be coming back to work in a completely different department, and even was introduced to the new department but with no follow up.

I believe they're in an HR nightmare. For some reason, they're not using their own HR people and fairly new employees (about a year) are controlling the revolving door.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult situation was awareness of employees' fear of being let go and the awkwardness while sitting in the same room with their nervous behavior. Also, the desire for the lead to keep everyone hush-hush seemed a bit odd.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got paid a bit more for the extra experience I had.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Good quesitons. Lots of passion for what they do.

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through Linkedin and had a phone screening that lasted for about 30 minutes. After the phone screening, the recruiter scheduled the interview for later in the week. I met with 2 different people for 30 minutes each. Within 2 working days, RH turned over an offer. It was the smoothest interview process I've gone through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for an additional 10% and within 48 hours, they matched it.

HQ Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

It is frustrating when you interview for a position all the way into the final round and they don't end up filling the position. That coupled with of positive feedback of your background, experience, personality. Took them weeks to get back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with difficult personalities and you had overcame them.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

My initial phone interview was with HR. I then had and interview with HR in person. Next was an interview with the Director of Product Development and Director of my department. I had to come in a final time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interviewing for a Product manager position, when your past jobs were as designers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary, based on the number they were offering was lower than my last offer. I was able to get a higher salary, and agreement as to when we could renegotiate job title and salary. I also negotiated an extra week of vacation.