Restoration Hardware

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greenwich, CT

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Restoration Hardware in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was brutally long. They say this is by design to see if you are the type of person they are looking for. I still don't know what that means and in hindsight feel that it was disrespectful of my time and interest in the position. Most employers are more focused in their approach to the hiring process. With RH, expect to feel like you are floating. There will be long periods of time between interviews. You will need to be proactive in following up with them to see what the next step is. After you follow up, you will need to continue to do so time and again. Expect that no one will reach out to you and expect to stay on top of the hiring process. You will begin feel like a high school freshman chasing after the popular quarterback. It is quite the game of cat and mouse.

Interview Question – The questions were of average difficulty and focused mostly on my professional background and personal interests. The people you meet during the interview process will be very warm and welcoming. I felt immediately accepted even though I was not yet an employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little to no negotiation. They did, however paint a beautiful picture about how fast the company is growing and how much room there is for growth. I believed them and wish I hadn't. Expect low pay, even if you are highly experienced.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Restoration Hardware in March 2013.

Interview Details – Sent an Online application but I got lucky that a job fair was being held, and was able to get face time with interviers. I had two rounds of interviews with instore and coporate personel, every one was very professional, down to earth, and it was one of the most relxed interviews for a big corporation I have ever been apart of,Unorganized process, it is very obvious that the company is restructuring. which is great for potential employment.

Interview Question – Which Company core value do you most embody?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Lead Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Restoration Hardware in January 2013.

Interview Details – Have gone on 7 interviews and we are still going! Have another interview scheduled. The process is none like any other job I have interviewed for. No idea what position they are interviewing me for as we just keep going up the ladder. They are very vague in answering what rep of position you will be hired for.

Interview Question – 5 greatest strengths, who is your mentor and why, greatest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Restoration Hardware.

Interview Details – Most bizarre interview I've ever gone on. The manager was very rude and hostile. She tossed aside my resume and began having me read from a "core values" brochure. She demanded that I answer in detail, then stated I'd gone into too much detail. By the way, she also mentioned she'd had a very high turnover due to the fact that decent people hadn't applied.

Interview Question – Relate an experience you've had in the last six months to this core value.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Restoration Hardware.

Interview Details – 5 Interviews to get past the hiring process. They mainly discussed your personal life and how you arrived here today. They then asked you to pick which "Core Value" described you the best. You meet with multiple store leaders before they hire you.

Interview Question – What questions do you have for me? They are talking about personal life questions. They will speak about how this job is an extension of their life.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They low ball the associates and all managers will tell you not to speak to other associates about why you are paid more than others.

Lead Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Restoration Hardware in February 2011.

Interview Details – The company has five core values the employees live by. In my interview with the store leader, she asked me to read the core values aloud, and for each one, pick a sentence I related to the most and a sentence I knew I might need to work on. My interview with the district manager was a little more intimidating, as she was very good with detail and asked specific questions about an answer I had given several questions earlier. My first interview was a phone interview with a regional recruiter. She actually put me on hold for a few minutes during the interview, which was a little surprising. At the end of the phone interview I didn't feel positive she was going to move forward with me, but alas, she did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the managers you've had in the past. Who challenged you the most, how did they do it, and was the experience positive or negative.   Answer Question
  • What is your leadership style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate from $14.00 to $15.00 by shooting for $16.00

Interviews for Top Jobs at Restoration Hardware

Worked for Restoration Hardware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Restoration Hardware Lead Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Restoration Hardware employees and interview candidates.