Retail Gowth Management Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Woburn, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Retail Gowth Management Systems in March 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out a very basic form that pretty much said I have never been fired or arrested before. After that I was brought in the "presidents" office and was given the basic run down about the company. The questions I had asked were not given forward answers though. The hiring manager gave me very vague answers. It seems like a quick interview process and the people were nice enough. But in essence it is a job where you wait at kiosks in Home Depots and ask people if they want aluminum siding on their homes.

Interview Question – Do you know what Retail Growth MS does?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was asking more questions about the company than the hiring manager was of me and I had left knowing not much more than I had before. The office also looked like it had been rented for the day. Overall I got a bad vibe from the whole process and decided to decline.

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Woburn, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Retail Gowth Management Systems in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process mirrors that of the Cydcor corporation. The preliminary first round interview is to screen candidates for a secondary interview in whiich applicants shadow a sales rep "in the field". Pretty much everyone is accepted as long as they aren't overly strange or awkward. Basic people skills are the only requirement.

The second round interview pairs you up with someone in a management training position who tries to sell you the business. The business model si very similar to all of the Cydcor models, and is based off of it.

The entry level position is about sales of a specific product. Once the trainee meets certain goals, they are promoted to a trianing position. Usually the goal is to prove consistency in sales. After that, they need to prove the ability to successfully interview, train, and develop a sales force that can maintain basic sales goals.This demonstrates their ability to build their own organization. At that point they are promoted to a management position, where their end goal is to open up their own business in a very aggressive time frame of less than a year.

These are comission based positions that have very low commission and a lot of expectation. They include generating leads or working with cold leads.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous position   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I have worked for the Cydcor branches of companies before, There is a lot of promises and not a lot of followthrough. In addition, it is a lot harder to meet the "sales goals" than they make it sound, and it is very difficult to build a team of people in this type of environment because nobody wants to do these types of sales jobs because they don't pay enough. There is also a lot of favoritism involved, and some interesting business and management practices because most of the individuals that get promoted to management don't really have enough experience managing others to really be good at it.

Worked for Retail Gowth Management Systems? Contribute to the Community!