RetailData Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osage Beach, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RetailData (Osage Beach, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was called within a week. Spoke with recruiter (very nice and friendly). She walked me through the job and explained what the job entails. She had no problem answering any questions I had and she set me up with an interview. I had the video interview the next day,which was short. I received a phone call the next day with job offer.

Interview Questions

• This job requires you to collect data discreetly, how would you do this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RetailData (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy, someone from HR calls first to go over your background, and then they ask you to meet the manager for a brief interview. What I didn't realize is how dishonest this company and their practices were when I applied. They expect you to stay in a store for 8 hours straight and go entirely unnoticed while scanning 250-1000 items (narrow range). They tell you you could be kicked out but don't give you any stat as to how often. After the interview I got a call from the manager to set up a time. I ignored the call for obvious reasons. The next day she called again, AFTER business hours and left me a voicemail that seemed angry. Take a hint. While this job may not be "illegal" it goes against social norms and etiquette and is dishonest therefore goes against my personal code of ethics and morals. Don't work for this scummy excuse for a company, you can do better. Plus they only pay $10 an hour until you hit piece rate...whatever that means.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RetailData.

Interview

you apply and then you are hired... since this job is from a staffing company you are automatically hired... just applied on robert half tech and i was set up with this job

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RetailData (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with a contractor who was contracted to interview people. Then about a week later, another person called me and told me I was hired. It was a little bit disorganized, and I wondered if I really wanted to work for this company!

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to start by 7:00 A.M.?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a car that is insured for 100/300.   1 Answer
    • Do you have internet at home?   1 Answer

Manager, Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RetailData (Richmond, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online and rec'd a call about a week for a phone screen

Interview Questions

• The phone screen was not difficult and I was immediately scheduled for an on-site. I thought the on-site went well, however, I rec'd an email about a few days later that I did not get chosen for the next step. Emailed to ask for feedback, nothing. One of the questions during on-site: What is that one situation that you would have done things differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RetailData (Midwest City, OK) in May 2009.

Interview

I answered a 1 line ad in the local newspaper 12 yrs ago, was hired from the interview, very little training, several changes in company name and equipment

Interview Questions

• could I collect prices in "undercover" location without getting caught?   1 Answer
    • Could I key on a 10 key device?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Pay was outlined.

Data Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RetailData (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very informal, the interview was in a McDonalds inside a Walmart store. The interviewer asked me some questions, then we went to the store and did some on the job training for about 30 minutes, then we went back to McDonalds and he offered me the job. I was there for about an hour or just under.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any, the interviewer tried to get to know me and asked about my previous experience. They are basically looking for reliable people who are motivated to go out and work when there is so much flexibility, no set time to show up for work, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, the hourly rate (at the time) was fixed and fair.

Team Leader and Data Collector Alberta, Canada Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at RetailData (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

I was hired thru a temp agency. the hiring process was simple and they took a lot of time helping me understand the job and getting all the paper work in.

Interview Questions

• the pay is great. they start you off hourly so you can learn the job and requirements. This 6-8 week time can also be extended should you show improvement and just not be on target yet. the company values the staff and wants to ensure that those who want to work can make a decent pay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

the training and any administrative hours is paid hourly. then there is a piece rate that is the same chart for all employees. so the harder you work the more you get paid. AWESOME system for those who want to work.

there is also opportunity to move up in the company and paid travel as well!!!

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RetailData in October 2011.

Interview

I applied for this postion via a popular internet job board. I was contacted via phone by a recruiter who forwarded by name to their field HR manager. The HR manager contacted me to set up an interview, and we arranged to meet. The interviewer was friendly, casually dressed, and a bit distracted. She told me she would get back to me with an answer "either way" no more than a day after the interview. I have not heard from her yet, and it has been four days.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable collecting data without the store's permission?   Answer Question

Data Collector Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RetailData in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed and hired over the phone. There was no face to face until I was brought on board. I was hired but did not begin work for almost 1 month.

Negotiation

Beware. Promises will be made and not kept. Get it in writing! You will be told the faster you scan the more work you will get and more money. Not true.