RetailData Interview Questions

2.0

Manager, Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RetailData in April 2014.

Submitted resume online and rec'd a call about a week for a phone screen

Interview Questions
    • The phone screen was not difficult and I was immediately scheduled for an on-site. I thought the on-site went well, however, I rec'd an email about a few days later that I did not get chosen for the next step. Emailed to ask for feedback, nothing. One of the questions during on-site: What is that one situation that you would have done things differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midwest City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RetailData in May 2009.

I answered a 1 line ad in the local newspaper 12 yrs ago, was hired from the interview, very little training, several changes in company name and equipment

Interview Questions
    • could I collect prices in "undercover" location without getting caught?   View Answer
    • Could I key on a 10 key device?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Pay was outlined.

Team Leader and Data Collector Alberta, Canada Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at RetailData in December 2012.

I was hired thru a temp agency. the hiring process was simple and they took a lot of time helping me understand the job and getting all the paper work in.

Interview Questions
    • the pay is great. they start you off hourly so you can learn the job and requirements. This 6-8 week time can also be extended should you show improvement and just not be on target yet. the company values the staff and wants to ensure that those who want to work can make a decent pay.   View Answer
    the training and any administrative hours is paid hourly. then there is a piece rate that is the same chart for all employees. so the harder you work the more you get paid. AWESOME system for those who want to work.

there is also opportunity to move up in the company and paid travel as well!!!

Data Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at RetailData.

Very informal, the interview was in a McDonalds inside a Walmart store. The interviewer asked me some questions, then we went to the store and did some on the job training for about 30 minutes, then we went back to McDonalds and he offered me the job. I was there for about an hour or just under.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any, the interviewer tried to get to know me and asked about my previous experience. They are basically looking for reliable people who are motivated to go out and work when there is so much flexibility, no set time to show up for work, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, the hourly rate (at the time) was fixed and fair.

Field Data Collector Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RetailData in October 2011.

I applied for this postion via a popular internet job board. I was contacted via phone by a recruiter who forwarded by name to their field HR manager. The HR manager contacted me to set up an interview, and we arranged to meet. The interviewer was friendly, casually dressed, and a bit distracted. She told me she would get back to me with an answer "either way" no more than a day after the interview. I have not heard from her yet, and it has been four days.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be comfortable collecting data without the store's permission?   Answer Question

Data Collector Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at RetailData in April 2010.

Interviewed and hired over the phone. There was no face to face until I was brought on board. I was hired but did not begin work for almost 1 month.

Beware. Promises will be made and not kept. Get it in writing! You will be told the faster you scan the more work you will get and more money. Not true.

Worked for RetailData? Contribute to the Community!