RetailMeNot

RetailMeNot Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

Software Engineer Intern Interview

First interviewed on campus, and was asked some easy problems about OO, and a simple problem about detecting duplicate items in an array.
    Invited to Austin to get the on-site interview. I was not prepared well so I didn't perform well in the process. But the problems are not that tough. If you have some basic ideas on linked list, hashmap, tree,etc, I think you can handle that. Also, they focus on web development so they might prefer people who knows python and php.

Intern Interview

It was a phone interview after I met an engineer at a fair on campus. The question had to do with sorting through a array of deals to determine the most commonly used words.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RetailMeNot.

I had an hour long on-campus interview the day after the career fair that they called and invited me to the morning of. It was a technical interview and they only asked one question, but every time I got it a new twist was added to the problem to make me change or expand my answer. Coding was done on paper, not pseudo code.

Interview Questions
    • You have a list of tv episodes in the order they were aired (most recent last in the list). Develop an algorithm to determine which episode should be aired next, based on which episode was aired the least recently.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Submit resume through the campus interview, answered some simple questions on the career fair and got an technical interview the day after the campus career fair. The interviews are mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Get the entries happened more than two times in a list   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I submitted my application through my college career center. I heard back from the recruiter within several weeks and scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter asked general questions about my interest in the position as well as my previous experiences. The recruiter also asked many technical questions, which did not require much knowledge of syntax per say but lots of problem solving and logical capabilities. I think this is where I stumbled and why I was not invited back for another interview.

Interview Questions
    • Many logic based questions of about equal difficulty, very similar to those asked for other software engineering positions.   Answer Question

Partner Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RetailMeNot.

Process took several weeks. Phone interviews and on-site interview with Partner Management team from VP, Account Director, Partner Manager and Coordinator. You will have multiple individual interviews over several hours and then the team comes back together in a round table format to determine any next steps.

I'm not going to share any competitive detail about the company, team structure changes or salary except that if you want this job? ....Your resume is secondary. Lots of people can do the job, it's not hard. Don't spend all your time researching and educating yourself on the company, industry and role. Your passion for affiliate marketing is primary and you absolutely have to demonstrate that it excites you. ....and they have to like you and believe you!

Interview Questions
    • There are absolutely no difficult questions.   View Answer

Quality Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RetailMeNot.

First I had a phone screening and was asked questions about how web works. HTTP commands, DOM, SQL and other basic tech questions. Was also asked some basic behavior questions and questions relating to my resume. After the phone screening I was asked to come in and do an on site interview.

Interview schedule was sent to me and had a series of 1 on 1 interviews. Was asked similar questions which were basically trying to gauge my general testing strategy. Each member of the team had a different question for me that related to testing. "How would you test X?" They looked for my priorities and general strategy. Some questioned why I prioritized certain aspects of the object/app and I was expected to explain it.

Interview Questions
    • Case Question: How would you test a vending machine?   View Answer

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RetailMeNot.

Only got as far as a screening call from the HR person. She was fairly abrupt and not super friendly. They were looking for someone with very specific management experience (having managed a team of 8+) and she ended the interview immediately once realizing I didn't hit the 8 number. I appreciate being clear on the need for the role, but I also think from a relationship standpoint, and for future hiring, they'd want to learn about their candidates and maintain a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions at this phase of the process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I had an over the phone interview. Got invited to interview after meeting a recruiter at career fair. Was asked some questions about myself and then given a coding problem to do through an online site. Not a very hard question. Follow up question about how to improve my solution using a different data structure. Interviewer was nice, answered all my questions.

Partner Management Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RetailMeNot in September 2011.

I applied for the Partner Management Coordinator position. I was asked a lot of typical questions until she asked why I left a prior position so soon. I explained it simply was not a good fit and I decided to move on. I could tell she did not like that answer even though in reviewing her background she has done some quality job hopping. She also for whatever reason asked me if I knew Objective C and a bunch of other skills that my resume clearly did not reflect as I'm sure she was desperate to find people with those skills. Clueless HR/recruiter in my opinion.