RetailMeNot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Senior Visual Designer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RetailMeNot in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred to this position by a current employee and old friend. I had a quick sanity-check phoner with Recruiter to cover the basics; start time, salary range, background on company. I was scheduled to come in for an in-person. I spent 4 hours with 5 different people: Senior Recruiter, VP of Product, UX Designer, Visual Designer, UI Developer. I walked through my work and was encouraged by the discussion of company vision and expectations of day-to-day work. The VP of Product asked more conceptual questions like "What makes a great designer" and "What kind of problems do you like solving." I didn't have a lot of time to discuss work, but I felt very comfortable and the responses were great.

Interview Question – What makes a great designer?   Answer Question

Worked for RetailMeNot? Contribute to the Community!