RetailMeNot

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RetailMeNot in February 2014.

Interview Details – Started off with a few simple questions, abstract data types etc. Nothing extremely tricky, or things you would necessarily be able to prepare in advance. Standard "do you know your stuff" questions. We moved to a whiteboard afterwards, where there was a function prototype written and the rest of the function to be written. It wasn't a very hard question, totally do-able if you've taken your core CS classes.

Interview Question – I came into the whiteboard coding question totally unprepared. It wasn't a very difficult problem but I wasn't ready for it.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at RetailMeNot in October 2013.

Interview Details – After talking to them at the career fair, they invited me for a 45 minute on-campus interview. We ended up talking for well over an hour. Very relaxed interview environment

Interview Question – Basic pointer questions/string manipulation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at RetailMeNot

Interview Details – First interviewed on campus, and was asked some easy problems about OO, and a simple problem about detecting duplicate items in an array.
Invited to Austin to get the on-site interview. I was not prepared well so I didn't perform well in the process. But the problems are not that tough. If you have some basic ideas on linked list, hashmap, tree,etc, I think you can handle that. Also, they focus on web development so they might prefer people who knows python and php.

Interview Question – Some problems on my resume but I was not prepared.   Answer Question

Worked for RetailMeNot? Contribute to the Community!