Retensa Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

3.5

Human Resources/OD Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Retensa.

A fellow classmate passed my resume to Retensa. I heard from them rather quickly and was told to pick a phone screening appointment from a list of time slots. They responded two weeks later and we confirmed a time. During the phone screening, the interviewer sounded apathetic and rushed, which threw me off. It was very thorough for an interaction that was not face-to-face, and I could hear the interviewer typing loudly the entire time. It was not a comfortable experience. I hung up thinking I got rejected and that I never wanted to interact with Retensa again. However, I was asked to come for an in-person interview. I went, but the initial bad impression definitely affected my approach (I realized that looking back). Regardless, the questions were well-thought-out and the interviewers truly listened to my responses. I liked everyone that I met, and I really enjoyed the practicum task that they give ten minutes to complete. On the other hand, I did not like the questions that were designed to test critical thinking/analytical skill/individual thought process. They did not seem well-developed.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know my thought process when picking a line at the grocery store. The interviewer explained exactly how the lines at that particular store worked, and then asked how I would choose based on hearing her explanation. The process she described sounded very fair and consciously designed by the grocery store itself. There wasn't much room to be strategic since it was spelled out for me.   View Answer

OD/Human Resources Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Retensa.

I have the first round phone interview and chatted with recruiter in a very nice and friendly setting
    The second round-on site interview was more tough than the first phone interview(i.e. make comments on one employee survey, questions about how to design a training program with limited budget and resources, question on data analysis-listed varies data form based on one spreadsheet)

Interview Questions
    • questions are professional and specific; needs previous experience   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Apply my sending them resume and cover letter through email. I was contacted within a week to set up a phone screen interview which lasted about 30 min and was pretty straight forward. A few days later they emailed me to set up an in person interview. I then had to send writing samples, references, and perform a tying test online for them to see how fast my typing is.
    I came in for the in person interview which ended up lasting 2.5 hours after speaking with 3 different people. 2 were for about an hour each- they were senior employees, and one was an associate who did a practicum with me to see my attention to detail.

Interview Questions
    • They asked pretty classic Qs like tell me a time you had a difficult co-worker, how did you deal with it? Or tell me a time you had a lot on your plate, what did you do to make sure you got everything done? etc. But what was difficult was they would ask for multiple examples of each. So If you come prepared with an answer to those classic questions, it won't be enough because once you give your answer they'll say, Ok, tell me about another time...   View Answer

OD/Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Retensa.

The interview is rigorous and time-consuming. You complete a practicum, then two more of the higher-level members each interview you for 30-45 minutes, then at the end the CEO interviews you for another 30-45 minutes. They really probe to find answers, so just be honest and be specific.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? (They'll ask you this until you give a real answer)   Answer Question

Organizational Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Retensa in January 2011.

First received a phone interview outlining the details of the position with some behavioral and situational questions. Then was called-in for an in-person interview where I had to fill-in information I'd be asked for prior to the interview (it was repetitive). Had two 1 on 1 interviews with questions virtually the same as the phone interview. Some questions seemed irrelevant to the position (e.g. "What makes you laugh?" , "What makes you happy?"). Questions were very in-depth, as-in I was asked "Name a weakness of yours" three times. There was also a skills test involving the review and correction of a company supervisor review survey. The people were kind yet somewhat distant.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you suggested an idea and followed through with it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Human Resources/OD Unpaid Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Retensa in April 2010.

I first met the recruiter at a Career Fair, after submitting my resume, I received a call about 2 weeks later inviting me in for an interview. When I got there, I was greeted and asked to fill out basic/preliminary paperwork asking for my mailing address, identification, previous employers, etc. After that I received a practice test, this scenario was that the document I received was a document that a Manager is giving to his employees for training initiatives. This document had about 12 numbered items/tasks in it. My job was to review this document and correct any grammatical errors and suggest any changes in the business approach. They are trying to see how detail oriented you are in this exercise. After this I was interviewed by who would be my boss. Basic questions any interviewer would ask you, plus questions about why Organizational Development. After this I was interviewed by a Senior Associate, he asked me basically the same questions again. I was told to wait 1 - 2 weeks for a response even if it is a yes or a no. 2.5 weeks later, I had not heard anything from Retensa. When I emailed them, they told me they had already made a decision with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What special skills do you bring to the team?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to use SPSS software? MS Excel? Can you make Pivot Tables?   Answer Question

Worked for Retensa? Contribute to the Community!