RethinkDB

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RethinkDB in February 2012.

Interview Details – B Tree related questions, plus probability questions, and a lot of questions related with algorithm& data structure. and also some questions with code optimization. it might be a difficult Challenge if you never touch code optimization with computer architecture.

Interview Questions

Software/Systems Engineer Intern Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at RethinkDB in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had two telephonic interviews.
The first one had 3 programming questions which I had to code in C/C++ on Google docs.
1. Check whether a given tree is a bst or not.
2. Print all permutations of a given string.
3. Given a matrix of 0's and 1's return one of the largest sub-matrix consisting of only 1's.
Second telephonic interview :
1.Design and implement data structure to evaluate infix expressions.

Interview Questions

Systems Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at RethinkDB in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had interview with the founder Slava. I didn't get a good vibe from him even from the start of the interview. Maybe he interviewed a lot of people already and don't have any more patient for the interview process. I could sense that he felt I was there just to waste his time.

Except questions about B-tree, binary search tree (know the difference between B-tree and BST), link list (insert, delete, reserves), big-O notation time complexity, time complexities of basic sorting algorithm (insert sort, BT sort, bubble sort...), string manipulation. If you a recent graduate as I am and listed knowledge is still fresh in your mind , you will do fine. The interview felt most like school exam.

Throughout the interview process, he acted like a dictator not willing to listen.

Interview Question – Please see my interview process for questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for RethinkDB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RethinkDB interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by RethinkDB employees and interview candidates.