RethinkDB Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

3.5

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RethinkDB (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The recruiter and all interviewers are nice. I went through 1st and 2nd round phone interview. The first Phone interview was a screen code writing in C++. They gave two problems, both are in mediate difficulty level.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at RethinkDB (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Phone/skype interview, take home problem to plan a sample event, and then on-site interview with community manager/founders. Employees and founders were very nice, welcoming. Intreesting vibe at the company and it is clear they pick carefully.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to plan a mock event -- most other questions were your standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RethinkDB (Mountain View, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

B Tree related questions, plus probability questions, and a lot of questions related with algorithm& data structure. and also some questions with code optimization. it might be a difficult Challenge if you never touch code optimization with computer architecture.

Software/Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at RethinkDB in March 2011.

Interview

I had two telephonic interviews. The first one had 3 programming questions which I had to code in C/C++ on Google docs. 1. Check whether a given tree is a bst or not. 2. Print all permutations of a given string. 3. Given a matrix of 0's and 1's return one of the largest sub-matrix consisting of only 1's. Second telephonic interview : 1.Design and implement data structure to evaluate infix expressions.

Interview Questions

• Check whether a given tree is a bst or not.   Answer Question
    • Print all permutations of a given string.   Answer Question
    • Given a matrix of 0's and 1's return one of the largest sub-matrix consisting of only 1's.   Answer Question
    • Design and implement data structure to evaluate infix expressions.   Answer Question