Reuters

Updated Jan 6, 2015
Updated Jan 6, 2015

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reuters.

Randomly found this job on Chinese social media Weibo. There was only one around of interview since I was in the U.S. and the office was in Shanghai. Before that, there was some exchange via emails. The supervisor asked me to pitch some potential story ideas. Then when it finally came to the phone/Skype interview, it was like a casual chatting. However the supervisor wasn't very friendly and didn't dare to express her personal attitudes on your answers. The interview turned into a debate finally.

Interview Questions
    • my attitude on western media's coverage of Chinese society   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Interview process is easy. You need to have good communication skills and want to work for all the right reasons.

If you do not work well in a team then you probably stay away. Getting an interview is the tough part and takes a lot of to and fro with HR, so be prepared.

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reuters in July 2014.

I had an initial interview with the deputy bureau chief after I sent them my resume via email. Later that same day, I was asked to do a writing test, which checked for financial knowledge and language skills (Korean). The deputy bureau chief, whom I met with twice, was very kind and encouraging even though i did not have a financial background, saying that I could learn on the job. The following day, I had a final interview with the bureau chief and the deputy, and I got the confirmation email a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • If you could interview anyone in Korea, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Media Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reuters in April 2010.

It went well

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you would be a great fit to our organization   Answer Question
    I received a phone call telling me that they would like to have me aboard. Then they told me what salary I will be receiving as well and that's what I took

Reuters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reuters in April 2010.

First there will be a written test. Selected candidates will be called for interview.

Interview Questions
    • there will be questions on management which the candidate must be prepared to answer   Answer Question

(News Reporter) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

interviewed at Reuters in February 2010.

Standard application process followed by a phone call to arrange an interview time. My interview was in the communal kitchen (while it was quiet), and was very much casually-focussed, they were not aiming for an intense showdown.

Inside Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reuters in October 2009.

This was a very easy going interview process. Thomson Reuters' HR was very friendly and very encouraging. The process consisted of a telephone interview and a group interview/role play. I didn't get an offer for the position and was notified about two weeks later.