Reval

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst

I interviewed at Reval in March 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview, followed by 2 day on-site interview. Mostly behavioral questions,some technical but not much. Ended the interview with a presentation to about 30 employees on why I wanted to work there and why I was the best candidate.

Interview Question – Are you afraid of death?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Reval in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process took about 2 hours; I met for one hour with the interviewing manager, the 30 mins with a Sr Analyst and 30 mins with HR. They were very disorganized especially the HR , he had very little info to share because I was over qualified for the position.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reval in May 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview Process was the Fairest to date that I've experienced because I was interview by a varying degree of people from different departments and expertise. The interviewers ranged from senior managment to mid-level managers to fellow associates in the firm. I was fairly quick and efficient in my view.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – If you have good experience and you are sure that your contribution to the firm are critial, then I'd say "do negociate after the offer has been extended to you". But do make your decision fast as the firm retains the right to withdraw the offer in a short time span. as i was new, I chose to accept the descent offer that was made, and thus decide to prove my value to manager.

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Reval in March 2011.

Interview Details – Asked behavioral interview questions. Drilled-down on my answers with follow up questions. Asked previous employment questions. Asked "why" questions.

Interview Question – Have you ever managed people before?   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reval in November 2010.

Interview Details – I got call from their recruiter regarding my application for S/W eng position . There we discussed few things on my resume which were relevant to job requirement . then after 2 weeks he scheduled an onsite interview .

On on-site interview i mate with 2 project managers , we discussed things on my resume and my internship . The interview was mostly discussion oriented not too much technical .

they liked me so they scheduled one more interview next day with the Head of Software Division , in that interview also mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – what is WPF , WCF ? Why C++ is faster than C# or Java ?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reval in August 2010.

Interview Details – Reval is an organization that does not have its recruitment act together, you would be surprise when its senior leaders are involved and it still does not have it together, makes you think.. hmmm do they even know what they are doing!!. I had three interviews with senior management of the organization as well as providing them with samples along with reference checks. The agency ended calling my references ahead of time without even an offer. If you interview with Reval, they will probably never follow up with you or even give you the courtesy to inform that they are moving with another candidate. I have worked for many reputable firms and have never seen this type of professionalism. I don’t think the management team knows what they want and in which direction they see their organization moving in.

Interview Question – Tell me about your resume.. walk through...   View Answer

Interviewed at Reval

Interview Details – Interview process was divided into 3 stages,
1) aptitude test : it included questions based on logical reasoning, english and mathematics.
2) personal interview : in personal interview questions related to educational background were asked.
3) HR interview : in HR interview, questions about personal strengths, weaknesses, and family background were asked.

Interview Question – No such difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reval in March 2011.

Interview Details – Just phone interview and one to one interview asking technical and personal questions. A lunch in the restaurant of the building and the offered the position. People were great, the office is small but in an impressive building (The Gherkin).

Interview Question – technical questions of hedge accounting (I cannot remenber)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personal reasons

Management Interview

Management

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reval in July 2011.

Interview Details – Met with Dir of HR, HR BP, and various VPs. It took about 5 weeks to get through the entire interview process based on schedules, but it was very smooth. Everyone was on time and spent enough time with me discussing their areas of responsibilities and their thought on the company.

Interview Question – there wer no unusual questions, just very focused questions on experience and background   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reval in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was dreadful. The last interviewer out of 3 was very rude. He was a very young kid and kept sneering and rolling his eyes. With a disgusted look on his face, his constant response was "Why would you want to work for us here when it seems like you're in a better place at your current job?"
SOOO unprofessional. They never even bothered to tell me if they were going to skip me as a potential candidate. They just never called back or said anything.

Interview Question – 3rd rude interviewer said "how do you backup a single table to a bak file"   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Reval? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reval interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Reval employees and interview candidates.