Revel Consulting

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Revel Consulting in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through the website, heard back in a few days from HR. Had an HR phone screen with basic background questions, why Revel, and time spent explaining Revel's culture to me. This was followed by a phone behavioral interview that again reviewed my background and goals. Some of the questions were a bit more interesting - asking about some of the unique aspects of my professional/educational experience, but in a curious and friendly way as a means to get to know me and to learn more about my personality. Next was a phone case interview. I prepared for this as I would for a standard management consulting case interview, but unlike some of the cases at the big firms, I was not under the impression that there was a specific set of answers that the interview was trying to get at - it was a more casual conversation with a back and forth. I then visited HQ, had a few meetings. Overall very friendly and fair process.

Interview Question – My case study involved implementing a database system with which I am not familiar, however, the interviewer did not expect I necessarily would be and was happy to walk me through the basic details I'd need to answer the question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I really liked the company, but unfortunately the timing didn't work out for personal reasons.

Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Revel Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – My experience with Revel was not necessarily negative nor exceptionally positive. I first had a phone screening with a recruiter who explained about the company and a few weeks later she scheduled an interview with two managers, one to give a case study interview and the other to do a “behavioral” interview.

The case study interview consisted of the manager providing scenarios to see how one problem solves. However, very little information or context was provided for a problem that would need to be more thoroughly analyzed to come up with appropriate solutions. The behavioral interview consisted of walking a person through my resume and answering a project management related question. I didn’t feel that either assessed my competencies, past experience or future potential well at all. It seemed that they had already made a decision about my qualifications.

Candidates should beware that their “Pure Consulting” - “reduces the barriers between great minds and great opportunities” is silly marketing messaging. It only means they work just like the other “boutique” consultancies – they manage the client, negotiate the rate, write the SOW and occasionally touch base with the client. They want the consultants to focus only on the work. Nothing new there.

Revel doesn’t actually provide a collaborative work environment nor do they provide any professional development training as their website states. When I asked about this, they said that they don’t do much team project collaboration and I was told they have no formal development programs for associates – they only do occasional peer-to-peer mentoring or brown bag lunches on a topic. Again, same as other consultancies. Also, their pay rates are no higher and in some cases lower than other consultancies. Revel needs to better evaluate people who have broad and deep experience, knowledge and ability. People who have years of industry experience and have managed an array of projects, from strategy to execution. I think Revel thinks too highly of themselves and have an elitist attitude. Revel is not a company with which I would want to work .

Interview Questions

• Case study interviews focused on project scenarios, but did not provide enough insight, data or context. Of course, this is to see how you problem solve. However, I'm sure they had plenty of time (more than 5 minutes) to do a thorough client situation evaluation and come up with a comprehensive plan.   View Answer
  • Why don't you run through your resume for me?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Revel Consulting in July 2009.

Interview Details – At the time the copnay hired to positions, not to have a bench. As a result the interview/hiring process took quite a while. Once they had secured a position i recieved a call and we closed with an in person 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – Standard light interview questions, do you understand what consulting is about? What are your goals? Clarification of the bench time policies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rate negotiation is limited to what what the client will pay, thier markup and what you will settle on.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Revel Consulting

Worked for Revel Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Revel Consulting Videos

Revel Consulting – Why Work for Us?

AT THE CORE OF EVERY REVEL ASSOCIATE, YOU’LL FIND AN ENTREPRENEUR. At Revel, we practice PURE Consulting—the refined form of consulting that reduces barriers between great minds and great opportunities. Our platform… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Revel Consulting Consultant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Revel Consulting employees and interview candidates.