Revel Consulting

Updated Nov 6, 2014

3.1

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Revel Consulting.

My interview process went really smoothly! I met with 2 different hiring managers and they asked thoughtful, conversational questions, rather than out of the textbook type of questions you usually get in interviews. I felt really comfortable stepping into their offices, the receptionist greeted me and asked if I would like refreshments while I waited and the managers were on time to the interview. I didn't hear from the hiring manager for a week but they had set the expectation that it would take up to two weeks so that they could interview other applicants. Overall had a pleasant experience and grateful to have found Revel!

Interview Questions
    • They asked an abstract case study and initially I was stuck but the interviewer gave pointers to guide me along   Answer Question
    I negotiated with the hiring manager for a slightly higher base to accommodate my previous employers rate and they accepted my offer

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Revel Consulting.

The interview process was swift. I believe in their "case study" where they assess how you think and process information they use it for existing problems for clients versus a hypothetical scenario. This is not always ethical if they are considering you for a role they haven't determined is open or not. The forecast for bench availability should already be vetted out and confirmed. Don't use the platform for "free work". Additionally, follow up and follow through was inadequate and non committal.
    I will ensure my network knows about their professionalism as a local firm.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview was conducted informally at a Starbucks. Interviewer let previous interview run well into our time. It became clear that recruiter was equipped to interview only junior people and conducted our interview accordingly. Although courteous and cordial, there was a clear mismatch between what they are looking for and my qualifications.

Senior Consultant Interview

Very disorganized, bringing the candidate in multiple times and last minute. Very positive feedback, then negative and a generic "not the right fit email." I wouldn't recommend this consulting firm for anyone with marketing backgrounds. I find their interview practices inconsiderate of the person they are interviewing. I heard they treated others this way as well so my experience was not isolated. The women who interviewed me was pointed and argumentative but the rest of the interviewers were polite and positive.

Interview Questions
    • Case study against topics that didn't fit my expertise.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Revel Consulting in February 2014.

Applied through the website, heard back in a few days from HR. Had an HR phone screen with basic background questions, why Revel, and time spent explaining Revel's culture to me. This was followed by a phone behavioral interview that again reviewed my background and goals. Some of the questions were a bit more interesting - asking about some of the unique aspects of my professional/educational experience, but in a curious and friendly way as a means to get to know me and to learn more about my personality. Next was a phone case interview. I prepared for this as I would for a standard management consulting case interview, but unlike some of the cases at the big firms, I was not under the impression that there was a specific set of answers that the interview was trying to get at - it was a more casual conversation with a back and forth. I then visited HQ, had a few meetings. Overall very friendly and fair process.

Interview Questions
    • My case study involved implementing a database system with which I am not familiar, however, the interviewer did not expect I necessarily would be and was happy to walk me through the basic details I'd need to answer the question.   Answer Question

I really liked the company, but unfortunately the timing didn't work out for personal reasons.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Revel Consulting.

Went in for an interview for a business development role. Nice office, good people "vibe." Interview was very structured, lots of whiteboard- great for visual learners. Very bright, respectful interviewer. I was really impressed with the whole process. This seems to be a solid, innovative company.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Revel Consulting in September 2013.

Very chilled out and high-touch process. Their rep really helps you through and answers all questions very openly. Really enjoyed getting to know the firm and understand if it was a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • The case questions are pretty typical for a firm. Definitely more on the tech side though-- need to be able to break a problem down quickly into chunks and intelligently address each.   Answer Question
    A bit tough. They didn't really negotiate much.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Revel Consulting in March 2013.

Was connected with an internal recruiter via a mutual contact. Met for coffee in October, discussed my background (industry, not consulting). Got positive feedback, and was told to expect a follow up call in a few days. Follow up was prompt, but explained that a few clients had put holds on bringing on additional consultants for the remainder of the year. Was asked to stay in touch.

Fast forward to march of 2013. Got call out of the blue asking how quickly I could come in for an interview.

Interview was 5-8:30pm at Revel HQ in Kirkland. Consisted of behavioral interview with a Sr. Manager, and a case study session with a manager. Got polite but non-committal feedback. Convinced myself I hadn't gotten the job, but it was a good experience. Got a call the next day offering the position. I started a week later.

Interview Questions
    • You MUST be 100% ready to handle any variety of case study questions for 2+hrs. Buy some books on Amazon, read them, re-read them, practice with a partner or spouse. Prep like you're going in for McKinsey and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    Coming from industry, I was not able to negotiate anything additional.

Experienced consultants coming from other firms may have better luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Revel Consulting in October 2012.

Meet with Talent Acquisition & Management specialist - they will take your pulse and determine initial fit. Might even meet with the CEO if he is on site. This is followed by two in person interviews on site - Behavioral and a Case Study.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary - they'll ask about your resume/experience. They'll have you walk them through a solutioning exercise - depending on what you are interviewing for.   View Answer
    Couldn't. They went above my initial asking price range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Revel Consulting.

I had several phone interviews, then had 2 in-person interviews. One was informal and the other was in a conference room and they required you to draw something on the white board. I think it was a trick question in the interview, but overall it was an ok interview. I think it would be best if they didnt require people to write on the board and just let them if they wanted to, that way they could see who was more outgoing and eager to get the point accross.

Not much room for negotion, the company was between employees so I was originally told I would be getting paid $65 an hour then when the new employee came on he told me I could only get $60 an hour. It was a little annoying having them so off on the communication, but in the end I thought it was ok and I still took the job.