Revel Consulting

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate

I applied online and the process took 6+ months - interviewed at Revel Consulting in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very chilled out and high-touch process. Their rep really helps you through and answers all questions very openly. Really enjoyed getting to know the firm and understand if it was a good fit.

Interview Question – The case questions are pretty typical for a firm. Definitely more on the tech side though-- need to be able to break a problem down quickly into chunks and intelligently address each.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A bit tough. They didn't really negotiate much.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Revel Consulting in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through the website, heard back in a few days from HR. Had an HR phone screen with basic background questions, why Revel, and time spent explaining Revel's culture to me. This was followed by a phone behavioral interview that again reviewed my background and goals. Some of the questions were a bit more interesting - asking about some of the unique aspects of my professional/educational experience, but in a curious and friendly way as a means to get to know me and to learn more about my personality. Next was a phone case interview. I prepared for this as I would for a standard management consulting case interview, but unlike some of the cases at the big firms, I was not under the impression that there was a specific set of answers that the interview was trying to get at - it was a more casual conversation with a back and forth. I then visited HQ, had a few meetings. Overall very friendly and fair process.

Interview Question – My case study involved implementing a database system with which I am not familiar, however, the interviewer did not expect I necessarily would be and was happy to walk me through the basic details I'd need to answer the question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I really liked the company, but unfortunately the timing didn't work out for personal reasons.

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview Details – Went in for an interview for a business development role. Nice office, good people "vibe." Interview was very structured, lots of whiteboard- great for visual learners. Very bright, respectful interviewer. I was really impressed with the whole process. This seems to be a solid, innovative company.

Associate Interview

Associate
Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Revel Consulting in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was connected with an internal recruiter via a mutual contact. Met for coffee in October, discussed my background (industry, not consulting). Got positive feedback, and was told to expect a follow up call in a few days. Follow up was prompt, but explained that a few clients had put holds on bringing on additional consultants for the remainder of the year. Was asked to stay in touch.

Fast forward to march of 2013. Got call out of the blue asking how quickly I could come in for an interview.

Interview was 5-8:30pm at Revel HQ in Kirkland. Consisted of behavioral interview with a Sr. Manager, and a case study session with a manager. Got polite but non-committal feedback. Convinced myself I hadn't gotten the job, but it was a good experience. Got a call the next day offering the position. I started a week later.

Interview Question – You MUST be 100% ready to handle any variety of case study questions for 2+hrs. Buy some books on Amazon, read them, re-read them, practice with a partner or spouse. Prep like you're going in for McKinsey and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Coming from industry, I was not able to negotiate anything additional.

Experienced consultants coming from other firms may have better luck.

Associate Interview

Associate
Kirkland, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Revel Consulting in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had a great informational with management first, then an interview with a SD manager. Recruiter answered all of my questions and was very responsive. Knew I had an offer at the end of my interview. Was able to start a bit later than they wanted; appreciated the flexibility. Overall I was able to get a great sense of the firm's energy and it's entrepreneurial spirit.

Interview Question – Question was about undertaking a software integration project for a client.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation but I was coming in at a junior level. Once I had a salary review there was much more flexibility.

Kirkland, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Revel Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – Meet with Talent Acquisition & Management specialist - they will take your pulse and determine initial fit. Might even meet with the CEO if he is on site. This is followed by two in person interviews on site - Behavioral and a Case Study.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary - they'll ask about your resume/experience. They'll have you walk them through a solutioning exercise - depending on what you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Couldn't. They went above my initial asking price range.

Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview Details – I had several phone interviews, then had 2 in-person interviews. One was informal and the other was in a conference room and they required you to draw something on the white board. I think it was a trick question in the interview, but overall it was an ok interview. I think it would be best if they didnt require people to write on the board and just let them if they wanted to, that way they could see who was more outgoing and eager to get the point accross.

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotion, the company was between employees so I was originally told I would be getting paid $65 an hour then when the new employee came on he told me I could only get $60 an hour. It was a little annoying having them so off on the communication, but in the end I thought it was ok and I still took the job.

Kirkland, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview Details – met with many account managers on diffenrt accounts as well as leads. All interactions with folks were impressive. folks seemed positive,intelligent, motivated. Concern in getting the right talent into clients and right fit for Revel culture.

Negotiation Details – fair it was about mid range between the 3 offers I had. However project and culture sold me on Revel

Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Revel Consulting in May 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone call within twelve hours of hitting submit. The phone interview was not much of an interview but rather an overview of Revel, it's pure consulting methodology and it's business model/compensation structure. [HINT: think of 2-3 good questions about the firm when your recruiter is delivering the pitch.] At the end of this interview, I was invited to come for in person interviews: a behavioral and a case study interview. These were scheduled for 2.5 weeks after phone interview.

The 1:1 interviews were fairly straightforward. Standard questions during behavioral. It was a very relaxed, almost informal, interview.Case study was also standard - make an action plan and provide suggestion with limited information. I felt I underperformed on case study component. [HINT: be prepared to use a dry erase board to work through your solutions] So I left fairly certain no offer was forthcoming.

I left the interview impressed with Revel, its culture and its recruitment process. It seems like a firm where an individual can grow and contribute simultaneously and where an individual can exchange ideas, test theories, and innovate solutions. The people I met were sharp, articulate and excited about the firm. Although I did not anticipate an offer, I was glad to learn of the firm and to meet some of its players.

I sent emails of thanks to my recruiter, interviewers, and scheduler. A week passed with neither update nor response, so I followed up with my recruiter to inquire about a decision timeline or a status update regarding my application. No reply.

I understand the logic of this approach ("why waste our time if we are not moving forward"), but Revel seems to pride itself on being a firm that respects people and their lives, obligations, opinions, etc. In the interviews, each person I spoke with gushed about the personal respect embedded in the firm's culture. So I found this aspect of the application process a bit confusing to be honest. Although my interactions with the firm were few and brief, I expected a little more from it.

That said, the interview experience was positive overall. Be prepared to hear a pitch about the firm (telephone interview), to discuss your experiences and practices (behavioural), and to solve a few problems on the fly (case study). As for post-interview protocol, don't expect to hear from Revel if you think the interview went poorly.

Interview Questions

Kirkland, WA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Revel Consulting in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview to understand culture and answer questions. The flow as personable and I had time and space to all my questions

In person interview was a mix of impersonal and problem solving skills. I had submitted my resume and the manager has reviewed it, and asked detailed questions. He provided answers to any additional questions I had. I provided detailed answers to a number of capability based questions and scenarios (client management). Overall I could see the culture and liked what I saw. Offer letter was quick and the package was completive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Reasonable process answered question and had open discussion about value provided.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Revel Consulting

Worked for Revel Consulting? Contribute to the Community!