Revel Consulting

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Revel Consulting in May 2012.

I received a phone call within twelve hours of hitting submit. The phone interview was not much of an interview but rather an overview of Revel, it's pure consulting methodology and it's business model/compensation structure. [HINT: think of 2-3 good questions about the firm when your recruiter is delivering the pitch.] At the end of this interview, I was invited to come for in person interviews: a behavioral and a case study interview. These were scheduled for 2.5 weeks after phone interview.

The 1:1 interviews were fairly straightforward. Standard questions during behavioral. It was a very relaxed, almost informal, interview.Case study was also standard - make an action plan and provide suggestion with limited information. I felt I underperformed on case study component. [HINT: be prepared to use a dry erase board to work through your solutions] So I left fairly certain no offer was forthcoming.

I left the interview impressed with Revel, its culture and its recruitment process. It seems like a firm where an individual can grow and contribute simultaneously and where an individual can exchange ideas, test theories, and innovate solutions. The people I met were sharp, articulate and excited about the firm. Although I did not anticipate an offer, I was glad to learn of the firm and to meet some of its players.

I sent emails of thanks to my recruiter, interviewers, and scheduler. A week passed with neither update nor response, so I followed up with my recruiter to inquire about a decision timeline or a status update regarding my application. No reply.

I understand the logic of this approach ("why waste our time if we are not moving forward"), but Revel seems to pride itself on being a firm that respects people and their lives, obligations, opinions, etc. In the interviews, each person I spoke with gushed about the personal respect embedded in the firm's culture. So I found this aspect of the application process a bit confusing to be honest. Although my interactions with the firm were few and brief, I expected a little more from it.

That said, the interview experience was positive overall. Be prepared to hear a pitch about the firm (telephone interview), to discuss your experiences and practices (behavioural), and to solve a few problems on the fly (case study). As for post-interview protocol, don't expect to hear from Revel if you think the interview went poorly.

Interview Questions