Revel Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.4

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview

first spoke to a recruiter, who did a fantastic job stating the specifics of the role, what the company was hoping to achieve with this position in Las Vegas, and other major markets in the US, and salary requirements. Everything went great, and my salary expectations, although higher than offered, were still alright with the compensation package discussed.

Second round was scheduled for the next day via Skype with the director of business development, it was a horrible experience. The director was 15 minutes late to the call, once on the call he started off by saying " give me a few minutes, i haven't had a chance to look at your resume", then followed by " alright well make this short and sweet". within 10 minutes The interview was over, at no point asking anything relative or insightful. Horrible experience. I had rescheduled other interviews as they had pushed for a next day second round interview, and for that? very unprofessional. At worse, as a director, he should want to sell me on the company, not sit back on his seat and state this will be " short and sweet" and not want to know about my background, or info on the job. I know start ups can have growing pains, as I have been a successful training manager at 2 of them, but this was unacceptable and a bad sign of where the company may be headed.

Interview Questions

• "So tell me, why did you apply for this position, was it just because you said " hey, heres a job that looks good" or simply because you need one? "   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Revel Systems in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day to set up a phone interview.
    The recruiter gave a very detailed description of the job and the company and what I should expect in the following interviews. She told me what questions they usually ask and how I should not answer them. After the phone interview with the recruiter I had a phone interview with the Chief of Staff and the VP of Sales. Both interviews with them were less than 10 minutes and they asked relatively basic questions (why do you want to work for Revel, what is your dream job, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what is your biggest pet peeve, etc.).

Four days after interviewing with the Chief of Staff and VP of Sales I got an email from the recruiter saying they unfortunately were going to go with someone who had more experience in the tech startup sector.

Despite not receiving the job, the overall experience was pleasant. The recruiter responded quickly to emails and everyone I interviewed with gave great and thorough answers to any questions I had. I really appreciated the email from the recruiter explaining why I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Revel Systems in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a Corporate Recruiter to setup a phone interview.

Phone interview went OK until he started talking about my salary expectations during the first phone interview.

Recruiter seemed extremely inexperienced and seemed unsure of the questions he was asking. Be ready for generic behavioral questions.

Would've liked more of a description of the actual job and product instead of jumping into salary questions so quickly. Overall it was a poor experience which left me with a negative view of the company and those running it.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for? What do you expect to be making after first year? and many other generic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had been reached out to by their Sourcer for a role on the team. Had a phone screen with the Recruiter who then got back to me a couple days later saying the role was on hold because the Director of HR (who leads the team) wanted to find a Sourcer first. But after a day and a few more discussions they reached back out and said the role is now open again. Had a nice chat with the Director and was shortly invited onsite to meet with 5 recruiters and the Director. The experience was great...everyone was extremely hospitable and personal. I found out exactly 1 week later that unfortunately didn't get the role.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via linked in, and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was incredibly brief, less than 15 minutes. When the interviewer asked if I had any questions, I asked about the sales cycle, and the company, and he provided extremely brief answers, and then ended the interview. It was obvious to me that he had already found the candidate that he wanted before the call even started. The CEO reached out to me even before this call and suggested I try to apply for a different position. You would think that taking a few minutes to answer my questions about the company, the product, or the sales cycle would be a good idea for a potential new employee.

Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Revel Systems (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly fast. Initial phone screen with the recruiter, then another phone screen with the Director of HR followed by an in-person interview with the recruiting team ( consist of three recruiter + 1 sourcer) and Director of HR. Overall great candidate experience as my recruiter kept my in the loop every step of the way. Excellent communication.

I am not too fond of the CEO though because the last step was to have a chat with her to see if you're a good fit before she signs off on the offer letter. The vibe I got from her when she picked up the phone was very unwelcoming. She stuttered the whole time during on conversation and asked me questions that was not even relevant to the position. In the end, she didn't sign my offer letter and retracted the offer letter because she felt I wasn't the right fit. I don't know if she dinged me because of the basic questions that she asked, but I find it funny that she didn't think I was a great fit when the recruiting team + Director of HR did. I think it's ridiculous that you can judge a person by a 5 minute phone conversation to know if they would be a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Why Revel
      Where did you go to school
      What was your GPA
      How do you source
      Why did you leave your last employer

Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume in early Jan. Recruiter contacted me 1.5 week later to get the process going. Spoke for about 45 mins, great introduction to the company and overall job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter had a thorough scope of the position, the hiring manager, as well as salary requirements. We spent about 45 mins. talking about the job requirements and needs at a high level, the organization, my personal experience and finally, salary. Based on the follow-up emails from the recruiter and my agreement, the position and overall needs matching my personal experience seemed to be an excitable match.

I was shifted onto the next waiting phase, which would consist of an online meeting via Skype with the hiring manager who was remote. Once this online meeting was organized, we were set for a specific date.

The second round of the online interview process with the hiring manager was much more in-depth as we discussed and dissected the overall needs of the role, my current / prior experience and finally, coming to an agreement on meeting in-person once this hiring manager was in the local office.

1.5 weeks went by before finally receiving a final meeting confirmation as to whom I would be meeting with (CEO / COO / Hiring Manager) for my final in-person interview. All was set to go.

On the day-before the in-person interview was to take place (early morning), the recruiter called me in the late afternoon and told me that the CEO and HR Dept. had informed him (which supposedly was a surprise to him) that the maximum salary for the position was 30K LESS than what he and I had discussed during our initial interview, despite him telling me after I told him my minimum salary requirements, "Perfect, you are right within the range, a little more than the minimum on our end, but certainly not exceeding the maximum".

The salary maximum that Revel Systems was supposedly willing to offer, was completely out of scope for the job-requirements for a Corp. Trainer. I expressed that the pay-rate was more for an entry-level position within Technical Support, vs. a role that required a minimum of 5-8 years of delivering / content development / self-management / director type needs that Revel clearly is in need of for supporting a customer-internal base in the realm of Corporate Education.

To have had the rug pulled from beneath my potential opportunity, to get back to work after having been out of work for 5 months, with plenty of experience as well as successfully going through the interview phases, was extremely disappointing to say the least. The recruiter made up excuse after excuse, blaming an inept management team, that "he swore he had the right job-salary requirements upon our earlier discussions". I kept my cool, thanked him for his time and wished them the best of luck in their continued search.

Considering the odd circumstance,I would have expected and appreciated that the HR / CEO / Hiring Manager would have had the decency and professionalism to make the disappointing phone-call vs. the recruiter. All in all, it made me feel "cheap" and disposable having invested weeks and weeks of self-research about the company, the "culture", personal preparation of requested content for presentation and finally, the hope of landing a great job with a "good" company.

Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview

The interview process began with a few phone calls geared toward establishing my fit for the role. Conversations were geared toward technical knowledge of the position and prior experience that could aid in the role. I was advised they would like to move forward to the in-person interview. During my interview at the office I spoke with a few individuals that worked within the department that seemed to reiterate the travel aspect of the role (understanding the commitment necessary) and attention to customer feedback. I was given a offer at the end of my interview and felt the overall experience to be well thought out and concise but then came the six day lull which I didn't receive any contact from the team. Afterwards I received a generic email stating they found a better candidate without any prior information or contact, which is understandable, but please for future position don't offer the position and renege on the role after six days without informing the person. Negative experience overall due to the lack of openness.

Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Revel Systems (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position of Implementation analyst on a job board. The very next day I received email from the human resources department. The job requirement was great match for my skills set. I have been an implementation analyst for the last six years and I have over twenty years of IT experience. The individual form HR was nice and his emails very professional. The HR person scheduled a phone screen with the manager of the department. First the manager called late for the phone screen, I know things happens. Second this person wasn't technical, which I found to be strange. Third he couldn't speak English very well. I was surprised, after asking him to repeat himself at least ten times in the first two minutes of our conversation, I was reduced to just saying yes because I couldn't understand what he was saying. Then while I was going over my background, using technical jaguar that he couldn't understand. After reading all the bad reviews about interviewing with Revel System they are all true. My advice is don’t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in relocating ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview

The individuals working in recruiting are pretty good. Their communication is great, and the interview process from a logistics perspective is professional. Had one phone screening with HR, then a talk with VP, and then an in-house interview with 4 rounds: Staff, Manager, VP and then the CEO herself. Went well until I met the CEO: who I instantaneously did not click with. Not only was she not easy to talk to, she stood the entire interview, and had no interest in getting to know me as a person or professional. Her questions were quite rapid fire, and I could tell instantaneously she was not a fun or easy to work with. Overall, once I met her, I didnt forsee myself as a good fit at the company. Additionally, I was never emailed back with a decision, and instead had to email them 2 weeks later to inquire about response, where was I abruptly told I wasnt being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things your parents taught you   1 Answer