Revel Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview

Internal Recruiter reached out to me Via Linkedin. Had a great conversation via phone with the recruiter but the following interview with a sales manager was not so great. He was surprised that even though I had researched the company itself, I didn't get a chance to research the founders even though I had explained to him that I am presently employed full time and didn't have enough time to look into this and that you had only reached out to me yesterday. Furthermore he stated that there are so many people applying to revel and asked why he should choose to hire me. I thought this was very unprofessional since Revel reached out to me, and only 1 day ago. He also did not give me an opportunity to ask any questions about the company or the role itself. After this experience, and reading the employee reviews here on glassdoor, I decided to not pursue the opportunity further even though they wanted to move me on to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Red Flag #1 - If we reach out to your current employer what would they say? - There should be no talk of reaching out to a current employer when a company reaches out to someone who is presently employed and tries to "poach" them. Red flag # 2 There are so many people apply to Revel why should we choose you? (They reached out to me)   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview with a corporate recruiter lasted less than 15 minutes. The recruiter sounded really nice and friendly. She only asked me about my course of studies, and appreciated my comments on their product range. She scheduled a second phone interview with a hiring manager, which she cancelled five minutes before the schedule time, because new information had developed, and they would not move forward with the opportunity. This is very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview

I got the call from the recruiter and that was followed by a 20-25 minute phone screen. She then put me in touch with one of the hiring managers. The hiring manager and I had a 1hr+ long Skype interview that went really well. There was nothing tricky about it. It was ust going over my background, the job description, asking a few scenario based questions, and then finally asking me about salary requirements. Then the interview process got a bit long-winded from there as I had to speak to 2 more hiring managers over the next 1.5 weeks. The interview with the next hiring manager lasted about 35-45 minutes and I received positive feedback. The interview with last hiring manager lasted all of 5 minutes and it seemed like he'd rather not be bothered by the whole thing. I think everyone's time could've been maximized by a single conference call. There was also a base/commission pay structure that was not disclosed in the job posting. I think Revel would benefit from an efficiency overhaul to their hiring process. By looking at the numerous negative reviews from former and current employees, Revel could stand to change a lot of things. With that, I'm not that sore about not being extended an offer. In short- it wasn't the worst interview I've ever had... and that's about the extent of positive feedback I have.

Interview Questions

• What steps have you undertaken to ensure customer success?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview

first spoke to a recruiter, who did a fantastic job stating the specifics of the role, what the company was hoping to achieve with this position in Las Vegas, and other major markets in the US, and salary requirements. Everything went great, and my salary expectations, although higher than offered, were still alright with the compensation package discussed. Second round was scheduled for the next day via Skype with the director of business development, it was a horrible experience. The director was 15 minutes late to the call, once on the call he started off by saying " give me a few minutes, i haven't had a chance to look at your resume", then followed by " alright well make this short and sweet". within 10 minutes The interview was over, at no point asking anything relative or insightful. Horrible experience. I had rescheduled other interviews as they had pushed for a next day second round interview, and for that? very unprofessional. At worse, as a director, he should want to sell me on the company, not sit back on his seat and state this will be " short and sweet" and not want to know about my background, or info on the job. I know start ups can have growing pains, as I have been a successful training manager at 2 of them, but this was unacceptable and a bad sign of where the company may be headed.

Interview Questions

• "So tell me, why did you apply for this position, was it just because you said " hey, heres a job that looks good" or simply because you need one? "   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revel Systems in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day to set up a phone interview. The recruiter gave a very detailed description of the job and the company and what I should expect in the following interviews. She told me what questions they usually ask and how I should not answer them. After the phone interview with the recruiter I had a phone interview with the Chief of Staff and the VP of Sales. Both interviews with them were less than 10 minutes and they asked relatively basic questions (why do you want to work for Revel, what is your dream job, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what is your biggest pet peeve, etc.). Four days after interviewing with the Chief of Staff and VP of Sales I got an email from the recruiter saying they unfortunately were going to go with someone who had more experience in the tech startup sector. Despite not receiving the job, the overall experience was pleasant. The recruiter responded quickly to emails and everyone I interviewed with gave great and thorough answers to any questions I had. I really appreciated the email from the recruiter explaining why I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel Systems in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a Corporate Recruiter to setup a phone interview. Phone interview went OK until he started talking about my salary expectations during the first phone interview. Recruiter seemed extremely inexperienced and seemed unsure of the questions he was asking. Be ready for generic behavioral questions. Would've liked more of a description of the actual job and product instead of jumping into salary questions so quickly. Overall it was a poor experience which left me with a negative view of the company and those running it.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for? What do you expect to be making after first year? and many other generic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer (Infrastructure) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Clearly stated my expertise, and was hired for a non-relative position. No one listened, the process was far too fast, and was subsequently hired for a position that I was not shuited or qualified for.

Interview Questions

• They glazed over what my background was, and never detailed what I would be supporting   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had been reached out to by their Sourcer for a role on the team. Had a phone screen with the Recruiter who then got back to me a couple days later saying the role was on hold because the Director of HR (who leads the team) wanted to find a Sourcer first. But after a day and a few more discussions they reached back out and said the role is now open again. Had a nice chat with the Director and was shortly invited onsite to meet with 5 recruiters and the Director. The experience was great...everyone was extremely hospitable and personal. I found out exactly 1 week later that unfortunately didn't get the role.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via linked in, and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was incredibly brief, less than 15 minutes. When the interviewer asked if I had any questions, I asked about the sales cycle, and the company, and he provided extremely brief answers, and then ended the interview. It was obvious to me that he had already found the candidate that he wanted before the call even started. The CEO reached out to me even before this call and suggested I try to apply for a different position. You would think that taking a few minutes to answer my questions about the company, the product, or the sales cycle would be a good idea for a potential new employee.

Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revel Systems (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly fast. Initial phone screen with the recruiter, then another phone screen with the Director of HR followed by an in-person interview with the recruiting team ( consist of three recruiter + 1 sourcer) and Director of HR. Overall great candidate experience as my recruiter kept my in the loop every step of the way. Excellent communication. I am not too fond of the CEO though because the last step was to have a chat with her to see if you're a good fit before she signs off on the offer letter. The vibe I got from her when she picked up the phone was very unwelcoming. She stuttered the whole time during on conversation and asked me questions that was not even relevant to the position. In the end, she didn't sign my offer letter and retracted the offer letter because she felt I wasn't the right fit. I don't know if she dinged me because of the basic questions that she asked, but I find it funny that she didn't think I was a great fit when the recruiting team + Director of HR did. I think it's ridiculous that you can judge a person by a 5 minute phone conversation to know if they would be a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Why Revel Where did you go to school What was your GPA How do you source Why did you leave your last employer   Answer Question