Revel Systems

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Revel Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by three different people including the VP of Sales and CEO. The questions were very straightforward, covering almost exclusively professional skills and work experience.

Interview Question – I didn't think any of the questions were unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Account Executive Interview

Sales Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Revel Systems in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had two interviews with this company. First with Human Resources was via phone and the interviewer was in such a noisey area I couldn't hear what he was asking. He clearly did not have my resume in front of him nor do I think he had even reviewed it. Questions were very elementary and brought up salary on first discussion. Strange, but we went there - and then he couldn't answer such basic questions as compensation for mileage, office space, etc., nor could he give answer such basic questions as territory assignments, how corporate leads were distributed or whether or not the sales position was a silo or working across all applications. Second interview with the Sales Operations Manager was a bit better, however she didn't even know that they had a LinkedIn ad out there, let alone what the job description was. (And since it mentioned working out of a new sales office, I mentioned that as well. Clueless...) These people really need help. I'm sure I wasn't asked to continue in the process because I looked 'controversial' or negative. Not a good impression of this company at all.

Interview Question – Salary on the first Human Resources interview. Other than that, questions were quite basic and not well thought out.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview Details – Met with a lot of different people separately, including the CEO. Only problem was that I ended up answering a lot of the same questions multiple times

Interview Question – Can't think of anything at the moment   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Revel Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was really fast since i put my resume on indeed and with in a matter of hours I was called from Revel's HR department. I was shocked since it was so fast. I was really impressed with that and I went though 2 interview processes one over the phone and one in person.

Interview Question – What I wanted to do at Revel Systems after 2 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none just accepted what they offered it was pretty good deal i thought and still think so.

User Experience Designer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Revel Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter with a partial job description. After some back and forth, she referred me to a second recruiter for a full job description.

Since the j/d seemed like a match, I agreed to a phone screening with the second recruiter, which was typical enough. I was then referred back to the first recruiter to schedule in-person interviews the following week with the engineering director, creative director, CTO, and CEO. I was also given a short design exercise to complete, which took me perhaps thirty minutes total.

On site, the engineering director asked me lots of typical questions about my background and the design exercise, and I asked him some questions about the role and where it would fit into the company. He didn't seem to know where the role was actually supposed to fit in the way the company worked; it turned out that there wasn't yet even a solid conception of who I would report to. The interview with the creative director was very brief, not even twenty minutes of the scheduled hour.

The oddest thing about these interviews, to me, was that neither of the people I interviewed with made the slightest attempt to convince me that I might want to work at the company. There was no discussion of culture, or benefits, or compensation. It was just assumed that I already wanted to (a strange assumption when the *recruiter* approached *me*) and that I needed to prove myself worthy.

The interviews with the CTO and CEO didn't happen. No one acted as though they were supposed to, and I didn't ask because nothing about the interviews had made me interested in accepting a role even if it was offered.

I was told that I would hear back with a yes or no decision by the following Monday. I never heard this or anything else.

Interview Question – How would you describe the Internet to someone from the 1800s?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Head of Technical Support Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Revel Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was introduced to a recruiter through AngelList. This was a phone interview. She asked very basic questions. What is your management style? What are your strengths and weaknesses?, etc. When it came time for me to ask questions of her it was the same thing. Very basic, short answers. I asked about their culture. The answer was: "we like to work hard and play hard". Really? Shocker. You work in HR/are recruiting for this company and that's you have to say about your culture? I thought that was odd. It felt like she was rushing through it for whatever reason. The entire interview lasted 19 minutes. I sent her an email a week later asking about the next step. She actually did respond so I'll give her a couple of points for that.

Interview Question – None. Very basic questions.   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me and asked the usual questions - didn't properly screen for the desired skill set. On their website there was a caption saying "Hiring the best and brightest of our generation" which was next to the staff picture. Surprising they didn't notice the discrimination. What does this say about the company? I found the interview process unprofessional. I suppose that if one didn't have any work experience, this company would seem great. I wasn't impressed.

Interview Question – If you have a dollar and that amount includes the item and tax with the tax rate at 10%, how much of the dollar is tax.   Answer Question

Sales Account Executive Interview

Sales Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a recruiter, sales director, manager and CEO. Did a total of 5 interviews. The team was all great, very friendly and receptive. They seem to have a clear path for growth and definitely are a leader in the space.

Interview Question – Most questions were about past experience and why I wanted to work for Revel   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very similar offer to my current position

Inside Sales Representative Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Revel Systems in January 2013.

Interview Details – Replied to an ad I found on my schools career development guide. Got an email to and set up a call.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Revel Systems

Interview Details – 4 - 5 interviews plus tests.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about past experience   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Revel Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Revel Systems Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Revel Systems interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Revel Systems employees and interview candidates.