Revere Group Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Revere Group

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Revere Group in December 2011.

I first applied to Revere via a school alum, sending her a detailed cover letter and my resume. The first round of HR screening happened in a completely unscheduled but very prompt way. I mean that the HR recruiter called me a couple of days after my resume reached the alum, and conducted the first round of screening without my being aware of it. I didn't hear back anything for about a month and a half or so.

Then, Revere came to school as scheduled to interview students for both contracting/internship and full-time roles in their consulting division. While their on-campus presentation was pretty professional, and they seemed approachable, everything that followed seemed unpredictable.

I was contacted again after a brief break on their part in December for the next three rounds of personal interviews. The actual time of the interviews seemed a bit difficult for them to pin down, as they were dealing with a major client at the time. However, they finally confirmed a time, and my interviews seemed to go very well. I really liked my interviewers.

I was told that I would hear back in early 2012, but I heard nothing till the middle of January. I had to email the recruiter and the VP there a couple of times before I heard they couldn't move ahead with that major client, and so staffing was put on hold for a while. My alum assured me that the senior most interviewer still considered me a good fit for that role, and that their integration with their parent company was also leading to staffing problems.

At that point, I was pursuing other opportunities as well, so I mentally wrote off their chances of making me an offer. No internship or other opportunities from Revere materialized for any of my fellow students as well. However, in early March, the recruiter contacted me again, and asked if I'd be interested in the same position again as two new clients were emerging as opportunities. I indicated that I would, and she promised to email me in a couple of days. She never did.

Then after two weeks, she contacted me without any prior emails and asked if I'd be interested in an entry-level position with a local client. This position was three levels below what I'd initially interviewed with them for. So I was a bit hesitant, but I didn't want to give it up altogether.

When I indicated I was interested, she called me again to tell me that the Project Manager would contact me soon. I waited for a couple of days, but got no call. She emailed me late one weekend to ask if he'd call me, and I replied in the negative.

Then the following Monday, she emailed me without any kind of apology and said that the need on that project had now disappeared. That was when I decided I wasn't interested in being a candidate with them anymore, and let the recruiter know via email.

It's a very painful decision for me to make, as I haven't received any job offers yet, but I don't think I'd be able to work in any capacity with a company where I'd have to deal with a lot of uncertainty.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Revere Group in June 2011.

Interviewed first with Recruiter and then with several of the VP. Once past that interview, on to IT Manager and HR.
    All interviews were by phone. Once offer was accepted, a background check was in place.

Interview Questions
    • What one thing did you do wrong that you learned from.   View Answer
    Revere offered me something money can't buy. An opportunity to work from home with little travel. Negotiation on salary was fair and acceptable.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Revere Group in September 2010.

I posted my resume on Dice.com and was contacted by an internal recruiter. Everything moved very fast from there. I spoke with her for nearly an hour on Tuesday and was very happy with how truthful she was about the consulting business. The next day I had another phone interview with the manager of the group. I had a fantastic time talking to him. Very relaxed, very energetic... got immediate positive feedback from the recruiter. The following day I had another phone interview that was more technical. Also was very laid back and relaxed. Then I waited while the recruiter told me she was waiting for "next steps... likely an in-person interview" the following week. I didn't hear back by the weekend, which was sad since things had been going so fast. On Tuesday night/Wednesday morning she called with not information about an interview, but instead a soft offer!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something "cool or interesting" you've worked on...   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate. They originally said they wanted to offer me the minimum of the range I had been asking for. She asked what would make me say "definitely yes" and I told her... much closer to the top of my range. At 6:30 on Friday night she called and told me I got what I asked for... had the official paperwork by Monday.

Worked for Revere Group? Contribute to the Community!