Revlon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

3.2

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Revlon.

It was a very thorough process. The interviewer asked good question. Be prepared, study standard interview question. Structured interview with standard questions. It was a very professional environment. Suggest to study company background before the interview

HRCS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford Park, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Revlon in January 2014.

I applied for an HRCS Specialist position in January 2014. The interview was 3.5 hours long and spoke to 5 different interviewers. Never heard back from them even after sending an email inquiring about the position.

Graphic Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Revlon in August 2013.

I applied online, gave a cover letter, resume, and was invited for an interview. They called me within 2 weeks, and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • They were the usual design interview questions about interest in the company, what you wish to get out of the experience, and what you have to offer   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Revlon in November 2013.

It was easy couple of interviews
    Then a case study

The company has now a very bad managment a new CEO from a small company and I heard is becoming a very crazy place to work

Supply Chain and Process Improvement Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Revlon in October 2013.

2 phone interviews with the HR- behavioral questions and going through the resume!!
    1 final on-site interview with a panel of 5 people (HR,2 plant managers,1 director, 1 Supply Chain manager)- asked quite a bit on resume in detail, asked questions on how to reduce waste in a particular filling machine (basically testing whether you are fit for that position)

Interview Questions
    • What will be your approach to reduce a waste in the auto-filling machine?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, pay was $25/hr which is huge for a Supply chain intern position, plus they give transportation costs too!!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Revlon in April 2012.

Within about 2.5 weeks I came into the office about 3 times, each time meeting with 2-3 people. The last visit was grueling, including a case study that I needed to analyze and present to a panel. They never actually told me I didn't get the job, they just never called back which was very frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • Business case study and presentation to a panel of judges   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Revlon in January 2012.

Overall a lengthy process. Had my first interview with HR and was asked to come back the next week to interview with a member of the marketing staff. After two weeks of waiting, I was asked to come back to meet with another member of the marketing staff then prepare a marketing assessment to present back to four members of HR and Marketing. After all of the interviews and a strenuous presentation, I had to follow up with them to be told that I would not be offered the position. I (politely) asked for feedback since I had spent over 6 hours in the offices interviewing, so I could at least know what area I could improve on, but never received a response. Although everyone I met with was very nice, I'm afraid of what the work environment would be like with the lack of response and accountability during just the interview process. I am now happy that I accepted a position at another company who was much more quick and responsive.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Revlon in February 2011.

Phone interview with HR. In-person interview with hiring manager and 2 other people. Final round was an assessment where I was given 1.5 hours to create a P&L for a potential product launch and explain who I would talk to to create the business case and what questions I would ask. Present the work to senior level people.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Revlon in April 2011.

Recruiter contacted me for a phone interview, at the end she stated that she would schedule me for an in person interview for the following week. 2 weeks later she finally did just that. I came in an interviewed with 2 people. They were nice and polite, they definitely stressed teh fact that working overtime was the norm at the company. At the end recruiter spoke with me and told me that a decision would be made quickly as far as teh next round. 3 weeks later no response. I guess I didnt get it.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Revlon in July 2009.

Three step process that seems to focus heavily on cultural fit, as well as their preferred skill set (CPG brand management).
    1. Initial 1:1 HR interview with situational questions (i.e. give an example of when...)
    2. Multiple 1:1 management interviews with various level executives (I met with 3, but probably subject to availability). Company generated questions are followed by staff. A second HR 1:1 was also included.
    3. A case study presentation to be presented in front of the prior interviews. Followed by a question and answer session.
    Overall a lengthy process that requires preparation and patience. The staff was surprisingly candid about the difficult work environment and 'sink or swim' atmosphere. Also upfront about heavy turnover/burnout rates. Very smart and engaging people who seemed upbeat about positive changes internally.

Interview Questions

Worked for Revlon? Contribute to the Community!