Revolution Prep Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014
25 interviews

2.7

Branch Manager Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I was contacted via email by one of the recruiters to set up a time and date. The interview was conducted on my college campus and was fairly brief. To be honest, the questions asked did not capture the entire scope of what the job demanded.

Interview Questions
    • "Teach me something in three minutes." I had to immediately come up with something that I wanted to teach the interviewer. Luckily I didn't have much trouble, but this can definitely catch people off guard if they're not prepared.   View Answer
    There was no salary negotiation; this was an internship with a fixed amount of pay.

Branch Manager Interview

Very nice people and a great company to join for college students looking to gain some teaching and business development experience. I remember the interview was through Skype, and they mostly ask you about why you're interested in the job and how you can connect to your community. After the interview, they respond rather quickly.

Interview Questions
    • What steps would you take to start a test prep branch in your hometown?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Revolution Prep in August 2013.

In order to get to the point where they would interview me, I had to submit a resume, application, and make a video of myself teaching something in 3 minutes or less. What followed was a phone interview followed by an in-person interview; they said initially that I would have to take the ACT to verify that I had qualifying scores, but that never happened.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest problem you've faced in the classroom and how did you handle it?
      What is your biggest weakness as an educator?
        Answer Question

IISMP Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Revolution Prep.

Application, resume submission, followed by interview

Branch Manager Interview

Very easy interview. They just want to know that you are familiar with your town and the test preparation landscape in the area. It would help if you interacted with previous branch managers to get an idea of what the work is like. Other questions are behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I work with Revolution Prep? (as a parent asking you, a potential branch manager)   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Revolution Prep in May 2012.

sales pitch

Interview Questions
    • why did you leave your last position, what are you looking to get out of this?   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Revolution Prep in May 2012.

Apply online, submit resume, very easy
    Interview through Skype, very basic behavioral questions. Most of that was very easy to answer if you study just a little. If you are decent, you will be hired on the spot. Most people do. If you don't, you will be put on a wait list.

Interview Questions
    • What is the first step you will take when starting this business back in your home town? How will you advertise and get the word out? Who will you connect with?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. Contract. READ THE COMPENSATION CAREFULLY. Its not exactly 40/60 because YOU bear all the costs which is deducted from your profits. You won't ever lose money or put your own money in though.

K12 Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Revolution Prep in August 2011.

Interviewed for K12 Regional Manager in August. First interview was over the phone with an in house recruiter. Went well and she scheduled a follow up with the hiring manager. That interview went well as well (or so I thought) and he scheduled an interview with their National SM. We did that interview over Skype, and I thought I killed it! I closed with the classic close question, and he recognized it and told me he would have been disappointed if I hadn't. He told me they were down to 3 candidates and I was the first he talked to of the 3. He promised to get back to me either way, which I thought was nice. On the following Monday, the position was reposted and I got a call from HR that they went with another candidate. Weird? Anyhow, it left me to wonderif perhaps I am overqualified.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you talked someone into something they did not want to do?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Revolution Prep in June 2011.

Received a phone call to set up a phone interview about 2-3 weeks after applying. Was asked the general details of my resume and past experiences. Was asked how my past experiences can be translated to the job position.
    I asked the recruiter what she perceived to be the challenges that I might face for the job position and she described the environment and culture to be entrepreneurial and requires a great deal of self-initiative.

Recruiter was very nice and cordial.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Revolution Prep in March 2010.

Recruiter was very friendly and promptly made an appointment for an in-person interview. Interviewers stressed importance of relocating, asked situational/behavioral questions and were very nice. They are SUPER big on relocating and I think they could sense my hesitation so they did not offer me a position. Definitely know you can relocate before you waste your time with an interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Revolution Prep? Contribute to the Community!