Revolution Prep

2.7

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Revolution Prep in March 2010.

Recruiter was very friendly and promptly made an appointment for an in-person interview. Interviewers stressed importance of relocating, asked situational/behavioral questions and were very nice. They are SUPER big on relocating and I think they could sense my hesitation so they did not offer me a position. Definitely know you can relocate before you waste your time with an interview.

Art Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Revolution Prep in November 2009.

I enjoyed the atmosphere and getting to meet several different people. You made it seem very easy and comfortable because of the friendly environment I felt right when I walked through the door. Everything was great and thank you again for allowing me to come in and interview with you all. You have a great team and I would love to be a part of it!

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Revolution Prep in November 2009.

Set up phone interview for following day. I was asked general questions about job experience and why I wanted to work for company. The interviewer then explained what the job was and how I would be contacted for the next step. I was called for a second interview the next day. The second interview was face to face and could not have been more unprofessional. I was interviewed in a small food court type area within a warehouse complex. I felt like I was being interviewed for a job at Taco bell for minimum wage. All the interviewer could tell me about goals for the company was how much money they wanted to make. She never said anything about helping kids do better on tests or growing personal to become better leaders and employees within the organization. Very disappointing interview from what I thought was a good company.

Interview Questions
    • None, all questions were very cliche- What is your management style- boring   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Revolution Prep in September 2009.

First I interviewed with the head of HR. She was very friendly, but did not address my resume. She mostly asked me what I knew about the position and what I liked about the company, and then answered my questions. I was surprised to get a phone call the next day from the VP of Sales asking for a follow-up interview. She was also very friendly, but similarly uninterested in my qualifications for the job. She e-mailed me the next day to tell me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important quality a salesperson should have?   Answer Question
    • You need to drum up interest in a test prep class. You have 10 days. You've already sent out a direct mailing. How do you do it?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Revolution Prep.

I got an interview with the Hiring Director and then a phone interview after. The interview was basically about what skills, strengths, etc I had to teach and handle the entrepreneurial aspects. It was not too difficult or too easy.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness? Who was my favorite teacher and why?   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Revolution Prep.

I moved through the interview process very quickly- there were four interviews that went from the Recruiting Manager up to the Leadership Team. Everyone was very enthusiastic about what I could contribute to the company and the process was more conversational than interview style. A couple of the interviews were only hours apart, the rest were just a day or two apart. I really liked everyone that I interviewed with and they made me very excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • If you are hired for this position, what will your specific strategies be for increasing market share?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate an additional $5 above the original offer. They were reasonable but won't give too much. I think it mostly has to do with how excited they are to bring you on board.

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Revolution Prep in June 2011.

Round 1- phone interview with recruiter
    Round 2- phone interview with Director
    Round 3- in person interview with Director
    Round 4- Skype interview with VP

Not much wiggle room

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Revolution Prep in April 2011.

I applied online after being spammed by the company to my school email and did not really know what I was applying to. The company is very hierarchal and does huge recruiting at the Ivy Leagues. They just want kids with the ivy name to work for them so they can make a good name for themselves, build their reputation, and be a more reputable company. The founders went to Harvard, I think. I felt like they were selling the job to me than I was interviewing for them at the panel interview.

Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Revolution Prep in March 2011.

The interview was on campus and very quick (~10 minutes). I wasn't sure if I had left any impression at all, since they had a lot of interviews scheduled that day. I think they wanted to know how I would operate from a business perspective, based on the questions. Just think about how you would approach advertising and organizing, and you will be fine.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Revolution Prep in February 2011.

Application, one interview. Very cut-and-dry -- why do you want to be part of the company, what kind of teaching experience have you had, why do you think you would run a good business, what kind of connections do you have to your alma mater, why would your hometown be a good market?

N/A