Revolution Prep

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director
Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Revolution Prep in November 2009.

Interview Details – Set up phone interview for following day. I was asked general questions about job experience and why I wanted to work for company. The interviewer then explained what the job was and how I would be contacted for the next step. I was called for a second interview the next day. The second interview was face to face and could not have been more unprofessional. I was interviewed in a small food court type area within a warehouse complex. I felt like I was being interviewed for a job at Taco bell for minimum wage. All the interviewer could tell me about goals for the company was how much money they wanted to make. She never said anything about helping kids do better on tests or growing personal to become better leaders and employees within the organization. Very disappointing interview from what I thought was a good company.

Interview Question – None, all questions were very cliche- What is your management style- boring   View Answer

Art Director Interview

Art Director

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Revolution Prep in November 2009.

Interview Details – I enjoyed the atmosphere and getting to meet several different people. You made it seem very easy and comfortable because of the friendly environment I felt right when I walked through the door. Everything was great and thank you again for allowing me to come in and interview with you all. You have a great team and I would love to be a part of it!

Interview Question – What is your biggest professional accomplishment?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Boston, MA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Revolution Prep in September 2009.

Interview Details – First I interviewed with the head of HR. She was very friendly, but did not address my resume. She mostly asked me what I knew about the position and what I liked about the company, and then answered my questions. I was surprised to get a phone call the next day from the VP of Sales asking for a follow-up interview. She was also very friendly, but similarly uninterested in my qualifications for the job. She e-mailed me the next day to tell me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important quality a salesperson should have?   Answer Question
  • You need to drum up interest in a test prep class. You have 10 days. You've already sent out a direct mailing. How do you do it?   Answer Question

Branch Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Revolution Prep.

Interview Details – I got an interview with the Hiring Director and then a phone interview after. The interview was basically about what skills, strengths, etc I had to teach and handle the entrepreneurial aspects. It was not too difficult or too easy.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness? Who was my favorite teacher and why?   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Revolution Prep in June 2011.

Interview Details – Round 1- phone interview with recruiter
Round 2- phone interview with Director
Round 3- in person interview with Director
Round 4- Skype interview with VP

Interview Question – Typical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Revolution Prep.

Interview Details – I moved through the interview process very quickly- there were four interviews that went from the Recruiting Manager up to the Leadership Team. Everyone was very enthusiastic about what I could contribute to the company and the process was more conversational than interview style. A couple of the interviews were only hours apart, the rest were just a day or two apart. I really liked everyone that I interviewed with and they made me very excited to work for the company.

Interview Question – If you are hired for this position, what will your specific strategies be for increasing market share?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an additional $5 above the original offer. They were reasonable but won't give too much. I think it mostly has to do with how excited they are to bring you on board.

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Revolution Prep in February 2011.

Interview Details – Application, one interview. Very cut-and-dry -- why do you want to be part of the company, what kind of teaching experience have you had, why do you think you would run a good business, what kind of connections do you have to your alma mater, why would your hometown be a good market?

Interview Question – Why would your hometown be a good market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Very Easy Interview

Branch Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Revolution Prep in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online after being spammed by the company to my school email and did not really know what I was applying to. The company is very hierarchal and does huge recruiting at the Ivy Leagues. They just want kids with the ivy name to work for them so they can make a good name for themselves, build their reputation, and be a more reputable company. The founders went to Harvard, I think. I felt like they were selling the job to me than I was interviewing for them at the panel interview.

Interview Question – Teach me something.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Instructor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Revolution Prep in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was on campus and very quick (~10 minutes). I wasn't sure if I had left any impression at all, since they had a lot of interviews scheduled that day. I think they wanted to know how I would operate from a business perspective, based on the questions. Just think about how you would approach advertising and organizing, and you will be fine.

Interview Question – How would you advertise your services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview Details – The hiring process was about as straight forward as they come. Apply online, which took about 20 minutes answering basic short questions such as why are you interested in the program, how you can contribute, etc. The interview was only 15 minutes. You talk about your accomplishments, why are you interested in the program, what does teaching mean to you, etc. Then voila a week later you get your results.

Interview Question – How would you go about marketing your branch to make sure that it is successful?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Revolution Prep