Revolution Prep Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.6

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Revolution Prep (Nashville, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview stage consisted of a phone interview only. I was contacted by the regional manager, someone who had previously worked the position, and was asked questions about my class work and previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• How has your class work prepared you for working as a Branch Manager?   1 Answer

K12 Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Revolution Prep (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for K12 Regional Manager in August. First interview was over the phone with an in house recruiter. Went well and she scheduled a follow up with the hiring manager. That interview went well as well (or so I thought) and he scheduled an interview with their National SM. We did that interview over Skype, and I thought I killed it! I closed with the classic close question, and he recognized it and told me he would have been disappointed if I hadn't. He told me they were down to 3 candidates and I was the first he talked to of the 3. He promised to get back to me either way, which I thought was nice. On the following Monday, the position was reposted and I got a call from HR that they went with another candidate. Weird? Anyhow, it left me to wonderif perhaps I am overqualified.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you talked someone into something they did not want to do?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Revolution Prep (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Received a phone call to set up a phone interview about 2-3 weeks after applying. Was asked the general details of my resume and past experiences. Was asked how my past experiences can be translated to the job position. I asked the recruiter what she perceived to be the challenges that I might face for the job position and she described the environment and culture to be entrepreneurial and requires a great deal of self-initiative. Recruiter was very nice and cordial.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Revolution Prep (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Recruiter was very friendly and promptly made an appointment for an in-person interview. Interviewers stressed importance of relocating, asked situational/behavioral questions and were very nice. They are SUPER big on relocating and I think they could sense my hesitation so they did not offer me a position. Definitely know you can relocate before you waste your time with an interview.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Revolution Prep in November 2009.

Interview

I enjoyed the atmosphere and getting to meet several different people. You made it seem very easy and comfortable because of the friendly environment I felt right when I walked through the door. Everything was great and thank you again for allowing me to come in and interview with you all. You have a great team and I would love to be a part of it!

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Revolution Prep (Chicago, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

Set up phone interview for following day. I was asked general questions about job experience and why I wanted to work for company. The interviewer then explained what the job was and how I would be contacted for the next step. I was called for a second interview the next day. The second interview was face to face and could not have been more unprofessional. I was interviewed in a small food court type area within a warehouse complex. I felt like I was being interviewed for a job at Taco bell for minimum wage. All the interviewer could tell me about goals for the company was how much money they wanted to make. She never said anything about helping kids do better on tests or growing personal to become better leaders and employees within the organization. Very disappointing interview from what I thought was a good company.

Interview Questions

• None, all questions were very cliche- What is your management style- boring   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Revolution Prep (Boston, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

First I interviewed with the head of HR. She was very friendly, but did not address my resume. She mostly asked me what I knew about the position and what I liked about the company, and then answered my questions. I was surprised to get a phone call the next day from the VP of Sales asking for a follow-up interview. She was also very friendly, but similarly uninterested in my qualifications for the job. She e-mailed me the next day to tell me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important quality a salesperson should have?   Answer Question
    • You need to drum up interest in a test prep class. You have 10 days. You've already sent out a direct mailing. How do you do it?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Revolution Prep.

Interview

I got an interview with the Hiring Director and then a phone interview after. The interview was basically about what skills, strengths, etc I had to teach and handle the entrepreneurial aspects. It was not too difficult or too easy.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? Who was my favorite teacher and why?   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Revolution Prep.

Interview

I moved through the interview process very quickly- there were four interviews that went from the Recruiting Manager up to the Leadership Team. Everyone was very enthusiastic about what I could contribute to the company and the process was more conversational than interview style. A couple of the interviews were only hours apart, the rest were just a day or two apart. I really liked everyone that I interviewed with and they made me very excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• If you are hired for this position, what will your specific strategies be for increasing market share?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional $5 above the original offer. They were reasonable but won't give too much. I think it mostly has to do with how excited they are to bring you on board.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Revolution Prep in June 2011.

Interview

Round 1- phone interview with recruiter Round 2- phone interview with Director Round 3- in person interview with Director Round 4- Skype interview with VP

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much wiggle room