Rewards Network Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.8

Director Talent Acquisition and Talent Development Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rewards Network.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by the hiring manager and really enjoyed the initial interactions. I was rushed in for a first and second interview and met with the entire senior team and the direct reports for this role. At the end of the second interview, I was told that there was an internal candidate and although I was still in the running, that this person would be favored. I then didn't hear anything for weeks until I followed up with the hiring manager. She said at that point that they were still interested in me, but since I was the only candidate the senior team had seen that they needed to see more candidates to compare to me before making a final decision. I received that communication over 2 months ago via email and I have never heard from them again. I would have even appreciated a form decline letter at this point, but in my experience after interviewing with 9 people and taking this long in a decision making process, I would give the candidate a call to discuss out of courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Very unstructured interviews with mostly hypothetical questions. For example, here is our issue, how would you go about solving it. I was surprised that those would be the questions. Any HR professional worth their salt would not jump to a solution after so little information. I was also asked how I would go about recruiting a certain role. Then I was asked how I deal with pressure.   Answer Question

National Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rewards Network in September 2014.

Interview

The opportunity was brought up by their recruiter, who was phenomenal. After hearing great things about the opportunity I decided to go forward with the initial conversation with the hiring manager, the Senior Vice President National Accounts. While the conversation went well, he talked WAY too much, didn't ask me many questions or provide an opportunity to share my experience. Between his ongoing chatter and a lengthy interruption mid-conversation, I had to weave in a bullet here and there. At the end of the (one-sided) conversation, he shared that he would like to have me proceed with the next step in the interviewing process, which was supposed to be another phone interview with the HR department that would be setup within the next week.

I followed up with an email thanking him for his time and that I looked forward to next steps immediately after the call. After a week had gone by I followed up with the recruiter who notified me that she had heard no updates. I followed up again several days later only to receive the same 'I got no updates' response. Thinking this may be a "test" to see how I handle adversity, considering it's a sales role, I asked if I should follow up with him directly to which the recruiter told me not to.

Long story short, no follow ever came of this and it was a VERY frustrating and time-wasting experience. After 4 weeks of this I decided to move on. I would recommend staying away from this company. If they can't even get their interviewing process down smoothly, what's to say that they have anything else running smoothly?

Interview Questions

• Not being able to speak between the interviewer's blathering   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rewards Network (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Long and lengthy, math test requirement, and driving as much as 2 hrs. to meet interviewer. Rewards Networks business model is old school, and antiquated. They appeared to be a company with typical and boring management styles, processes, and vision...or lack thereof. They seem reluctant to implement new technologies to support their product and pitch.

Director of Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiting Director, then phone interview with Chief Biz Dev Officer, then in person interview with him and CMO, then a series of in person interviews with CFO, CSO, CEO and IT Director, all within two weeks. The recruiting director took charge of everything, communication, scheduling, organizing and she was wonderful. She was transparent, candid, honest, passionate about the company, the culture, the people, explained the product, how RN does business, gave a historical view, timeline for change management and spoke very truthfully about the reviews on glassdoor. I believed her, you cannot fake such a passion for your job and for your company and when I came onsite I saw for myself that she spoke the truth. She also prepared me for each interview, giving me areas of focus for targeted conversation to maximize the short meetings. I am grateful for the personal touch and enthusiasm her partnership added to my process. The Recruiting Director is a true asset to Rewards Network and I hope to get an offer and work with her soon.

Interview Questions

• Specifically explain what your networking plan would be to target new strategic partnerships in your first 30/60/90 days.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Interviewed with two people. First a manager then a VP. Pretty relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Accepted as is offer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rewards Network (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Heard back about a week after I applied. First, I had a 30 to 40 min call with a recruiter. Then I took a math test online. 20 or 25 questions with 3 mins to answer each question. Next, I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager for the region. Told that interviews were to be held sometime the next week and my recruiter would follow up with me. After 10 days I followed up with the recruiter and received no response. Followed up again several days later and no response. I eventually emailed the Senior VP of HR. She basically stated the position wasn't filled and they were just too darn busy to update candidates but would send a letter once they'd chosen someone. I knew they hadn't position because I saw it reposted on LinkedIN.

This company has excellent benefits and has been around over 30 years. On paper it sounds amazing! It's disappointing and discouraging that their recruitment process was so fractured. Further disappointing that their Senior VP said that don't update their system until they've chosen a candidate even if that takes months. This leads me to believe that the company culture could be equally as unsatisfying.

Interview Questions

• Brush up on your math triangles, formulas, and fractions. It's on this test for sure.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rewards Network (Tampa, FL).

Interview

be positive

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rewards Network in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple process

Hiring manager interviews you first and then you speak with upper management

Not much of a process. No real structure

The staff is friendly and HR people are helpful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Zero negotiation

The salary and comp plan is what it is

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rewards Network.

Interview

My interview process was a few years ago when the company worked with an outside recruiting company. The process was fine at the time, though I didn't have great confidence in the recruiter herself and the communication between me, her and the hiring manager. I should have paid more attention to my instincts, some important information was lost in the shuffle that in hindsight would have affected my negotiations. I'm happy for new hires that the hiring process is in house now, I think that there is a greater understanding of the company, the processes, the personalities and the jobs.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was terribly unexpected, the interview went very well. During the initial screening calls with the recruiter, salary was brought up/asked of me before my qualifications, which was interesting to me and a slight red flag as it indicated priorities were not on finding the best person for the job first and foremost.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, for my position, there was little negotiation ability for me. The job had a set salary expectation and I needed a job. In hindsight I would have negotiated more vacation time if possible but since I didn't, I don't know if that is negotiable or not.

Director of Marketing Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Worked directly with the Recruiting Manager to schedule phone interviews and on site interviews. She was passionate about the company, informative and honest about the state of the company, transitions, growth initiatives, compensation and benefits. What I appreciated most was she was honest. Even though I didn't get the job, it was for a reasonable reason and I understood why I wasn't selected and agreed with the decision. Again, recruiting manager treated me with respect and told me the truth.

Interview Questions

• What makes you uniquely qualified for this position? What type of employee culture are you seeking to be a part of? How have you handled negative publicity in the past? Your biggest hurdles to overcome as a manager?   Answer Question