Rewards Network

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior QA Lead Interview

Senior QA Lead
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rewards Network in January 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiting company called me says they have a wonderful opportunity for me. I tell them set me up and I got an interview the following week. I was interviewed by the QA Manager, IT Director, CIO and VP of Human Resources. I received the offer letter the least than a week and start working the following Monday.

Interview Question – The IT Director questions were very specific to his/her team, but those questions were not out of the ordinary for a Senior QA to answer. Sorry I can not disclose the specific question asked for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary and PTO time. My advice is to do your research, have a salary range that you can live with and if the offers fall into that range.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rewards Network in April 2014.

Interview Details – Heard back about a week after I applied. First, I had a 30 to 40 min call with a recruiter. Then I took a math test online. 20 or 25 questions with 3 mins to answer each question. Next, I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager for the region. Told that interviews were to be held sometime the next week and my recruiter would follow up with me. After 10 days I followed up with the recruiter and received no response. Followed up again several days later and no response. I eventually emailed the Senior VP of HR. She basically stated the position wasn't filled and they were just too darn busy to update candidates but would send a letter once they'd chosen someone. I knew they hadn't position because I saw it reposted on LinkedIN.

This company has excellent benefits and has been around over 30 years. On paper it sounds amazing! It's disappointing and discouraging that their recruitment process was so fractured. Further disappointing that their Senior VP said that don't update their system until they've chosen a candidate even if that takes months. This leads me to believe that the company culture could be equally as unsatisfying.

Interview Question – Brush up on your math triangles, formulas, and fractions. It's on this test for sure.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at Rewards Network

Interview Details – Interviewed with two people. First a manager then a VP. Pretty relaxed and conversational.

Interview Question – What's your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Accepted as is offer.

Sales Interview

Sales
Tampa, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Rewards Network.

Interview Details – be positive

Interview Question – math test not easy   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rewards Network in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy going, casual and more of a conversation style rather than a formal interview. But they take their time to make you and offer.

Interview Question – I don't recall a difficult question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Procurement Interview

Procurement
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rewards Network in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewing here was fantastic. They move quickly, have an awesome work space and a peer-oriented interview structure. I walked away really wanting to join the team I interviewed with.

Interview Question – The day-to-day operations outline in the job description were much heavier than what was explained to me during the interview. The environment was very telling that working at Rewards Network wasn't going to be your typical suit and tie workplace-which definitely works for me.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Position Interview

Director of Marketing Position
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rewards Network in December 2013.

Interview Details – Worked directly with the Recruiting Manager to schedule phone interviews and on site interviews. She was passionate about the company, informative and honest about the state of the company, transitions, growth initiatives, compensation and benefits. What I appreciated most was she was honest. Even though I didn't get the job, it was for a reasonable reason and I understood why I wasn't selected and agreed with the decision. Again, recruiting manager treated me with respect and told me the truth.

Interview Question – What makes you uniquely qualified for this position? What type of employee culture are you seeking to be a part of? How have you handled negative publicity in the past? Your biggest hurdles to overcome as a manager?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rewards Network.

Interview Details – My interview process was a few years ago when the company worked with an outside recruiting company. The process was fine at the time, though I didn't have great confidence in the recruiter herself and the communication between me, her and the hiring manager. I should have paid more attention to my instincts, some important information was lost in the shuffle that in hindsight would have affected my negotiations. I'm happy for new hires that the hiring process is in house now, I think that there is a greater understanding of the company, the processes, the personalities and the jobs.

Interview Question – Nothing was terribly unexpected, the interview went very well. During the initial screening calls with the recruiter, salary was brought up/asked of me before my qualifications, which was interesting to me and a slight red flag as it indicated priorities were not on finding the best person for the job first and foremost.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time, for my position, there was little negotiation ability for me. The job had a set salary expectation and I needed a job. In hindsight I would have negotiated more vacation time if possible but since I didn't, I don't know if that is negotiable or not.

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rewards Network in October 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very interested in my background, work experience and skills, and the phone conversation with her was cordial, conversational and informative on both ends. As a result, she scheduled a phone interview between me and one of the company's managers. The recruiter also said that that she would follow up with following the phone interview.

The phone conversation with the manager also seemingly went well, and at the end of the call, the manager said that it was a "good first conversation". The manager said that the recruiter would follow up with me soon.

I never received a follow-up email or call from the recruiter, even despite me sending two kindly worded emails to her (spaced 1 week apart) to ask for a status update.

I understand that I may not be the right person for the position, but I really don't think that my conversations with the recruiter and the manager were so bad that they could not send me a quick follow-up email to end the application process.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Helpdesk Interview

Helpdesk
Hollywood, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Rewards Network in August 2013.

Interview Details – Got there 15 min earlier. The manager, 15 min late. I hear the guy was an great dude so I applied, when i got there, the guy was RUDE and looked like hi momma had passed. I felt really unconfortable interviwing in that place. Worse interview I've had. After 5min I lost interest and made the interview about 10 min.

Interview Question – What was it that i did at current company, why did i want to leave.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rewards Network

Worked for Rewards Network? Contribute to the Community!

Rewards Network Videos

Rewards Network – Why Work for Us?

Headquartered in Chicago, Rewards Network® is a company with an appetite for big ideas. We power the country’s leading dining loyalty programs, and we are committed to driving passionate diners to first-class… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rewards Network interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rewards Network employees and interview candidates.