Rexel USA

Very Difficult Interview

Distribution & Sales Summer Interview

Distribution & Sales Summer
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rexel USA in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with them at a local university. The interview questions were very extensive and convoluted. You really had to listen for what they were really were asking. After that I had a phone interview with the lady who was in charge of the internship program in the U.S. That interview was a very easy going get to know you type of interview. More conversational than answering question after question. After that I received the offer letter and went to meet the manager at the branch in Jax. I had a month before my internship started, but a week before it did they had me go and take a drug test since I would be working in the warehouse. Initially the first interview was intense, the phone interview was the complete opposite, and meeting the manager was a get to know you session since I was going to be his intern for the summer.

Interview Question – Every question was difficult and unexpected and for the life of me I can't remember a single one. I'm not sure if I properly answered a lot of the questions. I think they were meant to see how well you did on the spot under pressure.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rexel USA in August 2010.

Interview Details – I heard about the position through a friend who got me in contact with his boss. The interview was not all that detailed, most of the questions were pertaining to my ability to handle the position. Because I was referred by a friend I did not have an interview with the HR department but went directly to my future boss. I did have an interview with the HR manager after the hiring manager had determined to give me the job, but this was more of a formality than an actual interview.

Interview Question – If you could get a "do over" what would you change in your professional career?   Answer Question

Branch Service Specialist Interview

Branch Service Specialist

Interviewed at Rexel USA

Interview Details – The first question they ask is to tell them about yourself. They simply want you to go over your resume in more detail. They also ask what are your long term goals- what career are you most interested in. Another question is what other jobs you are applying to and whether you think Rexel would be a better fit. They give you a tour of the warehouse and make sure you understand the job description. They want to sell you on the job but also make sure it's something your interested in and may enjoy.

Interview Question – There were't any difficult questions. They mostly just want to learn about you and see whether your personality would best fit the position.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rexel USA in July 2012.

Interview Details – Very detailed, had to interview with several people, before they offered me the position.

Interview Question – Why would I consider leaving my current position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy to negotiate vacation and benefits.

Cash Applications Interview

Cash Applications
Addison, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Rexel USA.

Interview Details – Not much to say. They just want to know how much you know about the company. Their care more about their name than their employees

Distribution and Services Leadership Program Interview

Distribution and Services Leadership Program

I interviewed at Rexel USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – 2nd round interviews were somewhat casual. There was a social the night before that allowed you to meet the people doing the interviewing. A few behavioral questions but nothing intense. They are looking for general competencies and a good fit with the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about you have made a mistake or failed.   Answer Question

COUNTER SALES Interview

COUNTER SALES
Rockville, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Rexel USA in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was very short and easy.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

DSLP Interview

DSLP

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rexel USA.

Interview Details – Interview went well, they asked about my previous experiences and gave me hypothetical situations to field. Also relocation was a big deal to them.

Interview Question – What is your most difficult life experience   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rexel USA in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview on campus with local recruiter.
Very relaxed. Mostly chatted about resume and university.
Some conversation about skills, goals, interest in company, etc.

Second interview held in Chicago at one of the main offices of Gexpro about one month after initial interview.
Flown out. Dinner with interviewers that evening. In Naperville.
Next day, 5 one on one interviews with various members of management and HR.

Interview Questions

Worked for Rexel USA? Contribute to the Community!