Rexnord

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rexnord in January 2014.

Interview Details – Had to go to a morning interview that was scheduled the day before since HR had to schedule other candidates and that was the only choice that I had so I had to go to work later; interviewed a little initially with HR then on day of interview, had to interview with a total of 5 people in 4 separate rooms (2 were in 1 room); asked general situational questions (such as what would do , etc), and questions about myself; then came to find out that this was a temporary job when I asked one of the interviewers f this was a permanent or temp job. I eventually was considered for the job, but had to go through another obstacle- had to have 3 supervisory (supervisors, mentors, teachers, etc.) references which I had, but one couldn't be one. I eventually didn't have enough references and they said they had other good candidates whom they will move forward with. Too much of a hassle to get the job especially since it's a temp job , imagine what would happen when you are employed through this company!

Buyer/Planner Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rexnord in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was well organized, good questions, 5 hour interview

Interview Question – I was given a raw set of data and asked how I would solve the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little wiggle room in base pay, did get vacation that was requested

Operator Interview

Mars, PA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Rexnord in January 2013.

Interview Details – They hire you as a temp ,they tell you that after 90 days you will become full time with benefits,but after your 90 days they keep extending your time but you don't get the benefits!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Machinist, Utility, Any Position Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Rexnord.

Interview Details – I turned down an interview with this company. I called them and told them I wanted to try to give my current employer a better chance. I thought by taking responsibility to call and cancel the interview , I thought I was doing the right thing. Apparently I am wrong about this company and its fai employment ethics. Maybe they have no ethical background and don't care if someone calls to try to let them know that they wanted to do the right thing by not taking a job to just make sure . (not wasting another companys time ,money and training)

Interview Question – Why can't they stop black listing applicants   View Answer

Reason for Declining – at the time i wanted to make sure its what i wanted, by staying put and giving the current company a better chance

Very Difficult Interview

Production Clerk Interview

Erie, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Rexnord in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for a position previously held with the company. Was weeded out as not qualified. A product of working above your "title" for the lower wage, but not officially qualified to hire at a higher wage I guess. Based on all the negative feedback for the company, I should be happy to be disqualified.

Interview Question – Do you have a BA degree?   View Answer

Commodity Manager Interview

Commodity Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Rexnord in March 2012.

Interview Details – one on one interview with hiring manager and HR manager, two hours in length.

Interview Question – explain to me your past job experiences   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rexnord in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews; the first one was pretty brief general and then the other was about an hour and more in-depth. About a week later I had an interview with 2 senior managers. Two weeks after that I had a plant tour, then another interview and an online assessment. After several rounds of interviews and having them tell me they were very interested in me, I stopped hearing from the hiring manager completely and he never returned my emails. It was insulting and it made me have a negative view of the company.

Interview Question – How do you work on getting the workforce to be more engaged? How would you go about positively influencing a culture that has had a lot of change and turnover?   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Rexnord in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice by phone.
Interview 1 was with the recruiter. It was a typical resume review. The recruiter was very friendly and cordial. The recruiter immediately set a time for the hiring Manager to talk to me for 30 min the next day.
Interview2 was with the hiring manager. The interview seemed relatively unscripted. It was not behavioral. It was mostly about experience and Management history. There was specific experience she was looking for ina candidate (MRP systems and SAP). She was very courteous and it was good experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me and example of a successful project implementation and the results.   Answer Question
  • Give me and example of a project implementation that did not meet expectations and what were the results.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Factory Head Interview

Thāne (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Rexnord in October 2010.

Interview Details – F 2 F discussion

Interview Question – What u do at current company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Good

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Rexnord? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rexnord interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rexnord employees and interview candidates.