Rexnord

Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.1

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rexnord.

Applied for the position (in milwaukee metro area) online and about a week later I was contacted via phone to schedule a phone interview. Interview went well though they expected a three year contract commitment. I was apprehensive after reading Rexnord's reviews on glassdoor. Questions were not expressly technical, but merely wanted a walkthrough of your resume and relevant experience. I was contacted a few days later saying I had not been selected to proceed due to lack of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, was asked about my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rexnord.

I applied to them online. First was a 30 min phone interview with HR. They asked general HR questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. This was followed by 2 phone interviews with managers each roughly 30 minutes. Each was mostly explaining my qualifications and describing my skills.

Next I received an in person interview. This consisted of 1 on 1 interviews with 5 managers and a facility tour. Typical questions would be, (tell me about yourself, describe one of your failures, describe a major accomplishment).

At lunch they had me take a test for ~45 minutes. It was half personality test and the other half was math problems similar to what you might find on an ACT exam. I think I aced the math questions but I wouldn't say they were easy. This was a big turnoff as I felt my engineering degree should speak for itself in this situation. I was also told that working Saturdays was normal, which was a turnoff.
    There was also a lot of waiting for people to make time to interview me. i could only imagine how hard it would be to get peoples time if I already worked there. Total in-person interview was 6 hours.

After a 2 month process, I was offered the position a few days later, given 1 day to decide, and to start in 1 week, even after I said I was giving my current employer 2 weeks notice. HR was agitated at this time because it took a few hours to get in touch with all of my references, even though they spent 2 months on this process. I turned it down, as in that time period I had accepted a position with another company (who had a shorter interview process) and without some of the concerns i described above.

Interview Questions
    • Asking the college gpa of an experienced professional was unexpected   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer - Rexnord PSI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rexnord.

Interview process took about 4 weeks. Several people were out of town and I had to wait.
    During the day of the interview, I interviewed with 5 people which took a grand total of 6 hrs. While the Psi Bearing place is interesting and their product is specialized, they have plenty of work. I talked very little, I listened quite a lot to the managers and director.
    The engineering group consisted of mostly younger people with and older manager and directors. There are very few people in their 30-40s. So if you are within that age group, be sure, because chances are that they will most likely not choose you (too expensive and ageism).
    I was also asked if I would be opposed to working on the manufacturing line when they have big orders, while I am not opposed to this, it does not bode well for their resource management.

Overall, while I was made to wait quite a lot, I was not offered the position because they were expecting someone 8-10 years experience, but the req was written for someone with over 20. The pay was 20k lower.

My ending advice would be to find someplace else to work. This place has shown they are not diverse and are unwilling to change that.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was when I was asked if I would be opposed to working on the manufacturing line.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rexnord.

Simply the process is too long for no good reason.
    For a process to be that long you would think they chose the right person but the reality is far from it...
    Finally they realized there's something wrong with that and they started to change it.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't really an unexpected answers.. there was a lot of bragging about what they do...
      they think it's rocket science...

Answer Question

SEALs Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rexnord in September 2014.

On campus interviews were conducted by a Rexnord engineer. Very laid back, and easy going. A structured set of questions were asked concerning my resume background and interests. I left feeling good about things as the interviewer was very easy going could sense my enthusiasm. I have been offered a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would those under your leadership say about your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Cs Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rexnord.

2 separate interviews. All of them pretty meaningless. Three people interviewing you at the same time in the same room ---- they try to intimidate and make you feel lucky they even deigned to speak with you.

Interview Questions
    • "You are a difficult employee --- how should we deal with you?"   Answer Question

Industrial Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rexnord in August 2014.

I had to call the HR representative myself. When I called there was no answer. They called me back after a minute. The HR rep seemed uninterested in talking to me

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rexnord.

I participated in a phone screen. I felt very confident after the conversation. I possess all of the required skills, knowledge and background they are looking for. I was told by the HR representative that she would call me back to schedule an in person interview. I seemed to be a great fit for the position. I never heard from her again. I see that they have not filled the position. It has been reposted for the second time.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. I have performed more in depth phone screens as an HR professional.   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rexnord in January 2014.

Had to go to a morning interview that was scheduled the day before since HR had to schedule other candidates and that was the only choice that I had so I had to go to work later; interviewed a little initially with HR then on day of interview, had to interview with a total of 5 people in 4 separate rooms (2 were in 1 room); asked general situational questions (such as what would do , etc), and questions about myself; then came to find out that this was a temporary job when I asked one of the interviewers f this was a permanent or temp job. I eventually was considered for the job, but had to go through another obstacle- had to have 3 supervisory (supervisors, mentors, teachers, etc.) references which I had, but one couldn't be one. I eventually didn't have enough references and they said they had other good candidates whom they will move forward with. Too much of a hassle to get the job especially since it's a temp job , imagine what would happen when you are employed through this company!

Machinist, Utility, Any Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rexnord.

I turned down an interview with this company. I called them and told them I wanted to try to give my current employer a better chance. I thought by taking responsibility to call and cancel the interview , I thought I was doing the right thing. Apparently I am wrong about this company and its fai employment ethics. Maybe they have no ethical background and don't care if someone calls to try to let them know that they wanted to do the right thing by not taking a job to just make sure . (not wasting another companys time ,money and training)

Interview Questions
    • Why can't they stop black listing applicants   View Answer

at the time i wanted to make sure its what i wanted, by staying put and giving the current company a better chance