Reynolds American Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Territory Manager Interview

The first part is a phone screening which they will contact you through email to setup. Then there is a webcam series of recorded questions, then there is a ride along. Then you meet with two groups of managers who ask you a series of questions. You can pretty much take the lead and they are intelligent enough to carry that conversation

Interview Questions
    • Whats the biggest mistake you've made? Why are you just now applying?   Answer Question

Territory Manager III Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Reynolds American in January 2014.

4 stage, 3rd party, fact finding ride along, interview, offer. Its all attitude based, degree matters but not what kind, prior retail is a plus but all skills will be retrained.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be in the tobacco industry   View Answer
    None

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

I had been in contact with the recruiter for about 6 months and she seemed really interested the two times I spoke to her. I was originally 6 months from graduating with my bachelors when I first spoke to the recruiter and because of the relocation requirement they were not able to continue the interview process. I was told to call when I was one month away from graduating and she even gave me her cell phone number.
    I felt that I had built a rapport and called when I was one month away from graduating. I did the phone interview with the same person who I had dealt with several times before so I felt fairly confident. I must not have been what they were looking for, however, because I got a rejection email the following day.
    My advice is that if you have a family don't mention it! Don't mention that you're married and/or if you have children when they ask you to talk about yourself. I'm not sure if that was the issue for me or if I just really bombed the "average" interview questions. Either way, I got the feeling they are looking for young college graduates, not persons with a family. Even though I was completely available for relocation, which is a priority for this job, I wasn't able to get past the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within a week for a phone interview, which was mostly a get to know who I was, what I've done, what the job entailed, and some of the benefits. After that I was scheduled for a day on the trade. This was pretty cool as I was able to see the job first hand. I rode with another TM and his boss, both were very laid back and fun. Be sure to engage them, ask questions, make conversation, try to be as involved as possible. FInally, I was scheduled for the Panel Interview. I was put up in a hotel for the night with food, gas, and lodging paid for; and my interview was first thing in the morning. The interview was fairly typical except you will be able to interact with others who are interviewing with you since you are not competing for the same position but rather a position. Overall this was the best interview experience I've had as it was obvious that they took the process seriously but were easy to relate to.

Negotiation is minimal. Salary is set but starting pay, vacation, and benefits are good. Car (with gas and maintenance) and phone are huge positives.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Reynolds American.

I was referred to this job by an employee that I know in the same position. I received and email then a call from a recruiter. I was then invited by the recruiter to answer video questions online. I then received a call and email about doing a DOTT (Day On The Trade), which is a ride along with a current territory manager. I have not yet heard when the DOTT will happen but this has been a fast and efficient interview process. The communication is fast but the hiring process takes some time apparently. Overall it has been a good experience for me!

Interview Questions
    • A question about what I have done to creatively resolve and issue in the work place. It's sometimes hard to come up with the best of your experiences!   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

I was contacted by the company and invited to apply for the position. I applied online and received an invitation for a 30-minute phone interview pretty fast. And the I was asked to do 7 webcam questions and a marketing aptitude assessment test. The day after I submitted my webcam questions I was informed that I will be attending the DOTT event with one Territory Manager and one Division Manager. I just finished it today and am waiting for the final round panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you react when people ask you why you are selling a product that is not healthy for people.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

I Applied online. Received an email to schedule phone interview. Had the phone interview exactly at the time scheduled. She was very pleasant and laid back. She asked situational question pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you made a mistake and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

phone interview basic questions, tell me when you made a sale, general questions. then 7 web cam questions then an assessment test , web cam questions 7 which you can re record. Then they fly you out to a location which include two two panel interviews with two people. Not too bad questions on a skill you learned, make sure you have a lot of situtations, ready and questions ready. Give an example of a mentor and what trait you admired. I'm still waiting to hear if i got the job or not good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Please describe something you are passionate about like a book or movie? how did you share that passion in front of people when did you know not to share that passion?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then prerecord my response, did the day on the trade, they flew me out to nashville for the panel, panel was very nice and laid back, no need to stress or worry. The next morning they offered me two locations which i am still in the process of thinking about

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, they invest a lot into their candidate so they want that in return   Answer Question

Still waiting on another location for negotiation

Territory Manager/Trade Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American.

I applied online via the website. The next day I received an email instructing me to schedule a time for an initial phone interview via their website. Three days later I did the phone interview with a recruiter. They were basic questions covering my resume, about me and why RJ Reynolds. I was informed I would be moving on to the next step within the process to include an assessment and video submission.

I received an email the same day with a link to answer seven questions via webcam. These questions include strengths/weaknesses, conflict management and other basic interview questions. Ensure you use the STAR format when providing your answers and you are dressed appropriately. The email also contained a link to the assessment. This portion contains basic math, English and a psychology component.

A day later after submission of both the assessment and videos, I was informed I would attend the day on the trade (DOTT). I participated six days after I was notified. I followed a TM and DM around the local area and saw what they did on a daily basis. It was really laid back and a great opportunity for me to learn about the day in and out. They were very helpful. At the end, you go over the day with the TM. Make sure you are engaged, ask questions and not just standing back.

Three days after the DOTT, I received a phone call from my recruiter informing me I was invited to attend the panel interview. I was flown to a city the day before and all expenses were paid for by the company. The panel consisted of two 30 minute interviews with two individuals each. The first interview, I felt, went really great. Instead of being grilled, it was more conversation based. The second interview was more question / answer format. I felt I bombed the last one. Ensure you utilize the STAR format, but be laid back. They make it very comfortable.

After returning home, the day after the panel my recruiter contacted me and informed me I was selected for a position and offered me a location. He allowed me to take a couple days to think about it. I declined the location and he offered another one. I took another day and ultimately accepted that offer. They did a background check and drug screening which took 10 days. I was then contacted and told I am part of the team.

Interview Questions
    You cannon negotiate salary but you can negotiate location.

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!