Reynolds American

Average Difficulty
111 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview Details – I was referred to this job by an employee that I know in the same position. I received and email then a call from a recruiter. I was then invited by the recruiter to answer video questions online. I then received a call and email about doing a DOTT (Day On The Trade), which is a ride along with a current territory manager. I have not yet heard when the DOTT will happen but this has been a fast and efficient interview process. The communication is fast but the hiring process takes some time apparently. Overall it has been a good experience for me!

Interview Question – A question about what I have done to creatively resolve and issue in the work place. It's sometimes hard to come up with the best of your experiences!   View Answer

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within a week for a phone interview, which was mostly a get to know who I was, what I've done, what the job entailed, and some of the benefits. After that I was scheduled for a day on the trade. This was pretty cool as I was able to see the job first hand. I rode with another TM and his boss, both were very laid back and fun. Be sure to engage them, ask questions, make conversation, try to be as involved as possible. FInally, I was scheduled for the Panel Interview. I was put up in a hotel for the night with food, gas, and lodging paid for; and my interview was first thing in the morning. The interview was fairly typical except you will be able to interact with others who are interviewing with you since you are not competing for the same position but rather a position. Overall this was the best interview experience I've had as it was obvious that they took the process seriously but were easy to relate to.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is minimal. Salary is set but starting pay, vacation, and benefits are good. Car (with gas and maintenance) and phone are huge positives.

Interviewed at Reynolds American

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company and invited to apply for the position. I applied online and received an invitation for a 30-minute phone interview pretty fast. And the I was asked to do 7 webcam questions and a marketing aptitude assessment test. The day after I submitted my webcam questions I was informed that I will be attending the DOTT event with one Territory Manager and one Division Manager. I just finished it today and am waiting for the final round panel interviews.

Interview Question – How do you react when people ask you why you are selling a product that is not healthy for people.   Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview Details – I Applied online. Received an email to schedule phone interview. Had the phone interview exactly at the time scheduled. She was very pleasant and laid back. She asked situational question pertaining to the job.

Interview Question – Name a time when you made a mistake and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Territory Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview basic questions, tell me when you made a sale, general questions. then 7 web cam questions then an assessment test , web cam questions 7 which you can re record. Then they fly you out to a location which include two two panel interviews with two people. Not too bad questions on a skill you learned, make sure you have a lot of situtations, ready and questions ready. Give an example of a mentor and what trait you admired. I'm still waiting to hear if i got the job or not good luck!

Interview Question – Please describe something you are passionate about like a book or movie? how did you share that passion in front of people when did you know not to share that passion?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then prerecord my response, did the day on the trade, they flew me out to nashville for the panel, panel was very nice and laid back, no need to stress or worry. The next morning they offered me two locations which i am still in the process of thinking about

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, they invest a lot into their candidate so they want that in return   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Still waiting on another location for negotiation

Territory Manager/Trade Marketing Interview

Territory Manager/Trade Marketing

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview Details – I applied online via the website. The next day I received an email instructing me to schedule a time for an initial phone interview via their website. Three days later I did the phone interview with a recruiter. They were basic questions covering my resume, about me and why RJ Reynolds. I was informed I would be moving on to the next step within the process to include an assessment and video submission.

I received an email the same day with a link to answer seven questions via webcam. These questions include strengths/weaknesses, conflict management and other basic interview questions. Ensure you use the STAR format when providing your answers and you are dressed appropriately. The email also contained a link to the assessment. This portion contains basic math, English and a psychology component.

A day later after submission of both the assessment and videos, I was informed I would attend the day on the trade (DOTT). I participated six days after I was notified. I followed a TM and DM around the local area and saw what they did on a daily basis. It was really laid back and a great opportunity for me to learn about the day in and out. They were very helpful. At the end, you go over the day with the TM. Make sure you are engaged, ask questions and not just standing back.

Three days after the DOTT, I received a phone call from my recruiter informing me I was invited to attend the panel interview. I was flown to a city the day before and all expenses were paid for by the company. The panel consisted of two 30 minute interviews with two individuals each. The first interview, I felt, went really great. Instead of being grilled, it was more conversation based. The second interview was more question / answer format. I felt I bombed the last one. Ensure you utilize the STAR format, but be laid back. They make it very comfortable.

After returning home, the day after the panel my recruiter contacted me and informed me I was selected for a position and offered me a location. He allowed me to take a couple days to think about it. I declined the location and he offered another one. I took another day and ultimately accepted that offer. They did a background check and drug screening which took 10 days. I was then contacted and told I am part of the team.

Interview Question – How would you change the 5 day work week?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You cannon negotiate salary but you can negotiate location.

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in May 2014.

Interview Details – Long process. Phone screening followed by assessment, then a web cam interview, then a Day on the Trade- job shadowing process. Final step is a two panel interview hosted in two different rooms with 2 people each. Usually notified in 24 hours with phone or email.

Interview Question – How would you change the 5 Day Work Week?   View Answers (2)

Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Reynolds American in November 2012.

Interview Details – Theres about seven steps. A couple phone interviews, a webcam submission, a skype chat, and an interview with representatives in your area. There's also a day on the trade sort of thing where you go and see what the day to day work looks like

Interview Question – Any sorts of things regarding the tobacco industry--most people don't know anyhting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as a recent college graduate

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1)phone interview 2) Ride along 3) online test 4)online web-cam questions 5) in person panel interview

The web-cam thing was the worst for me because its very awkward to tape yourself.
Pay attention on the ride along! Gives you good fuel for in person
Don't be nervous at in person interview... the people interviewing you are not HR, they are people who are in the next level of the job. Just be yourself and they should be able to tell how you will do in that position as almost all of them have had it.
Come prepared, do your research on the company. Show that you are flexible and self-motivated

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer questions about conflict resolution, flexibility and self motivation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The starting pay for this position is non-negoitable

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!