Reynolds American

Average Difficulty
107 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview Details – I Applied online. Received an email to schedule phone interview. Had the phone interview exactly at the time scheduled. She was very pleasant and laid back. She asked situational question pertaining to the job.

Interview Question – Name a time when you made a mistake and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then prerecord my response, did the day on the trade, they flew me out to nashville for the panel, panel was very nice and laid back, no need to stress or worry. The next morning they offered me two locations which i am still in the process of thinking about

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, they invest a lot into their candidate so they want that in return   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Still waiting on another location for negotiation

Territory Manager/Trade Marketing Interview

Territory Manager/Trade Marketing

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview Details – I applied online via the website. The next day I received an email instructing me to schedule a time for an initial phone interview via their website. Three days later I did the phone interview with a recruiter. They were basic questions covering my resume, about me and why RJ Reynolds. I was informed I would be moving on to the next step within the process to include an assessment and video submission.

I received an email the same day with a link to answer seven questions via webcam. These questions include strengths/weaknesses, conflict management and other basic interview questions. Ensure you use the STAR format when providing your answers and you are dressed appropriately. The email also contained a link to the assessment. This portion contains basic math, English and a psychology component.

A day later after submission of both the assessment and videos, I was informed I would attend the day on the trade (DOTT). I participated six days after I was notified. I followed a TM and DM around the local area and saw what they did on a daily basis. It was really laid back and a great opportunity for me to learn about the day in and out. They were very helpful. At the end, you go over the day with the TM. Make sure you are engaged, ask questions and not just standing back.

Three days after the DOTT, I received a phone call from my recruiter informing me I was invited to attend the panel interview. I was flown to a city the day before and all expenses were paid for by the company. The panel consisted of two 30 minute interviews with two individuals each. The first interview, I felt, went really great. Instead of being grilled, it was more conversation based. The second interview was more question / answer format. I felt I bombed the last one. Ensure you utilize the STAR format, but be laid back. They make it very comfortable.

After returning home, the day after the panel my recruiter contacted me and informed me I was selected for a position and offered me a location. He allowed me to take a couple days to think about it. I declined the location and he offered another one. I took another day and ultimately accepted that offer. They did a background check and drug screening which took 10 days. I was then contacted and told I am part of the team.

Interview Question – How would you change the 5 day work week?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You cannon negotiate salary but you can negotiate location.

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in May 2014.

Interview Details – Long process. Phone screening followed by assessment, then a web cam interview, then a Day on the Trade- job shadowing process. Final step is a two panel interview hosted in two different rooms with 2 people each. Usually notified in 24 hours with phone or email.

Interview Question – How would you change the 5 Day Work Week?   View Answers (2)

Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Reynolds American in November 2012.

Interview Details – Theres about seven steps. A couple phone interviews, a webcam submission, a skype chat, and an interview with representatives in your area. There's also a day on the trade sort of thing where you go and see what the day to day work looks like

Interview Question – Any sorts of things regarding the tobacco industry--most people don't know anyhting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as a recent college graduate

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1)phone interview 2) Ride along 3) online test 4)online web-cam questions 5) in person panel interview

The web-cam thing was the worst for me because its very awkward to tape yourself.
Pay attention on the ride along! Gives you good fuel for in person
Don't be nervous at in person interview... the people interviewing you are not HR, they are people who are in the next level of the job. Just be yourself and they should be able to tell how you will do in that position as almost all of them have had it.
Come prepared, do your research on the company. Show that you are flexible and self-motivated

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer questions about conflict resolution, flexibility and self motivation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The starting pay for this position is non-negoitable

Engineer III Interview

Engineer III

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview Details – Recruiter contact. Phone interview. One on one interview. Technical and behaviour related questions. Resume realted questions

Interview Question – what do you feel about the tobacco industry   Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted shortly thereafter for a brief phone interview with a recruiter. Questions were typical, "Why do you want to work for this company", "How do you feel about working for a tobacco company", etc. You are notified at that time if you qualify for the next round which is submission of an online video profile. Again, questions are very typical and you have the ability to re-record your answers prior to submission. Also, note that relocation and absolute mobility are required.

Prior to submission of the video profile (although I think typically this is done after) I spent a Day on the Trade (called a DOTT) with a manager in my area. This is your time to learn about the position and this part really matters. Be engaging, ask questions, and be actively involved in the process. Do not just stand there and observe. It is a good idea to have a basic knowledge of the products before this step and have a handful of good questions prepared.

About a week after the DOTT, I was invited for the panel interview and was given flight, hotel, and itinerary information as well as materials to prepare for the interview. The panel interview consisted of two groups of two upper level management. Questions refer to Reynolds Core Leadership Principles and you are expected to answer with specific examples. Have examples prepared and do your homework. The interviewers kept the tone relaxed and conversational which helps to put you at ease. There is certainly a feeling that they want you to succeed. Be outgoing, have questions ready, find one or two very specific reasons you want to work with them, and let your personality come out.

I was offered the position 2 days after the interview. At this point, the recruiter will determine your location preferences. Be very clear about where you are interested in going as I have the feeling that if you say "I will go anywhere" they will likely put you in their least desirable locations.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation package is not negotiable although the location of your first assignment is.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in October 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with recruiter a few times - then completed online profile and recorded interviews - was contacted back and set up the "day on the trade" where i rode around with a district manager and a territory manager and met clients, and got a good feel for how things are done. That went well, so my recruiter called me back and we then set up panel interview. Once at the panel interview I was sent into two different rooms each with 2 people interviewing me. They asked a lot of situation type questions (how did you deal with blah blah etc) and then gave me time to ask questions. We talked about the area that I was interviewing in and if I liked it. I was then finished and took my flight back home - yes, they fly you out for the panel interview and pay for plane and hotel.
Once I was back in my hometown I heard back within 48 hours and I was offered the position.

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview Details – 1. Submit an Online Application
2. Initial phone screening
3. Recorded Video Questions
4. Math assessment
5. Ride-Along
6. Panel Interview
7. Drug-test/Background Check
8. Location selection

Interview Question – What is a past experience where you changed the way a past employer does things and do they still follow your changes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation and it is take it or leave it. People based in California get a little extra pay, but it is negated after 3 years. You somewhat have a choice in where you will relocate, but they will try to get you to choose the first location which is usually pretty bad.

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!